Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Nanners, you have to watch out for Addiction Head (Dick Head) at all times. He is a slick bastard. Don't listen, it's a trick. Remember he is trying to tell you anything to get back in to the cozy warm comfort of your body. I'm so glad you didn't listen to him...he will sure break your heart...(your soul, and your spirit). It gets almost comical the things he says to get you cave....it's really great when you can see thru this! You are getting there. You and Stella rock! B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

So this day is another First for me as this is the First Presidential Election I've been sober for since I was legal to drink, and I'm 44. I will not tell you what I'm hoping for, as I think that would just be inappropriate in our cosy nest, but I can tell you -

I will not drink in Victory
      I will not drink in Sorrow
      I will not drink tonight, my friends
      I will not drink tomorrow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette, you can be my Curves buddy
        I started going August 2011 & have done my best to get there 3X/week ever since. Love it!!!!
        Learn to ignore the mind chatter - it's all BS

Granny Lav is not waiting up for election results I'm afraid. I have a dental appt at 9, then Curves then babysitting until 8-9 pm.....long day.

Wishing everyone a comfy & safe night in the nest!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 5

Morning all. Start of a new day here and I made it. Really pleased, and grateful for all the support. I?ll prepare myself better for tonight now I know what to expect. Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day. Bx
          :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bennii;1407158 wrote: Morning all. Start of a new day here and I made it. Really pleased, and grateful for all the support. I?ll prepare myself better for tonight now I know what to expect. Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day. Bx
            Well done benni, one more night and it usually starts to feel easier. :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

well done Bennii keep it up,it does get easier,
              COMHGHAIRDEAS LEAT

for the non irish thats congratulations to you
              AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

WELL DONE PATRICK!!!!!
                30 DAYS!!!!
                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATULATIONS TO PATRICK ON THIRTY DAYS

you have been staunch and patient and deserve to give yourself a HUGE pat on the back!

Comment

Newbies Nest

First post and 2nd day al free

Hi

I drink every night 1-2 bottles of wine, been thinking about stopping, getting fat, fed up with hangovers etc etc the usual story. I didn't have a drink yesterday and feel like crap today, only got 3 hours sleep and look worse today than with a hangover.

Please tell me it gets better?????

x:new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Wineglugger - 'It gets better!'
                      You've come to the right place - read about here and you will be inspired. Believe in yourself that you will do this. There is a better life - AF time will show you this.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, I have been reading lots of posts and do feel inspired, just down I suppose I was expecting to feel fresh as a daisy today. I guess it will take a while as my body rids it's self of all the toxins. Feel proud just doing one night to be honest! I am the type of girl that won't leave the house without a full face of makeup and a blow dry, so at the witching hour I had a shower and therrefore could not be bothered to re-do the morning routine to go out and get wine.

Tonight I will go for a long walk and then have the shower and i hope I won't be tempted, mental note - do not take wallet on walk !!!

xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

everyone has to start somewhere and you will slowly but surely feel and look better; the thing to be aware of is when you do feel good, you can be tricked into thinking you're ok and you can have a drink ............. you know already where this will lead.
                          A long walk is great for you exercise-wise and will help you feel good.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Patrick!!! So glad you made it to 30 days!!!
                            ~nurdl
                            :notes:
                            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Cloudy & awaiting another big storm over my portion of the nest - oh well!

CONGRATS on 30 AF days Patrick :yay:

Hello & welcome wineglugger, glad you found us!
                              Please be sure to go to the Health store here on the site & download the MWO book. It's full of info for you

Greetings to everyone & wishing a great AF Wednesday for all!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wineglugger: I was a 1-2 bottle wine drinker too for 20 years years and w the supplements of kudzu and l glutamine, I was able to stop drinking... I never thought that was possible. I bought kudzu from local vitamin shoppe and l glut from gnc (didn't want to wait for shipment) but everyone says the mwo ones are better. Other people have tried other methods to quit, and there are just so many ways to choose from. But make sure you do it safely and read about withdrawal risks.

Good luck and keep posting! It's possible and just remember to keep trying. If one method fails, try another until you succeed!
                                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Working...
                                X