Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Congrats, Star! The nest is such a special place. And I remember vividly how excited I was to get my moon!

Cat
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

The pressure Star, the pressure. All eyes will be on you now. We've got your back though so no worries.
      ~n
      :notes:
      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 7

Nanette, thanks for the callout and well done on your Day 7. I hope your Al thoughts subsided and it was a good evening for you. There are so many good pieces of advice on this site that I find if I stick my head in and read about for half an hour any urges pass ? hope it worked for you also.

Well done Almost Free. It sounds like you have a very positive attitude and you?re 7 days closer to getting to ?that place?. Keep it up.

Well I made it too. Day 7 for me. Such a sense of relief ? I can do it! Feeling so much better this morning than I did over the last week (and looking better too I?m told). Going to keep close to home over the weekend out of temptations way. My husband is being so supportive and has decided to do 30 days with me, it means home is a secure place for me. I know I?m very lucky in that.

I hope everyone has a happy and positive and Al-free day. Bx
        :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done bennii ...... Have you had your mooning yet? :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Kuya. Have my shades at the ready
            :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Byrdie

Just noticed your post and thank you for thinking about me.

I'm now on day 15 and even though it's still Friday morning I know I won't drink today. I've made plans to go to an early fitness class with a friend tomorrow morning, so all good.

I'm feeling much better now thanks, - this time last week was the start of my 'black' weekend.

All this week I've chosen not to do much work wise and I've chosen not to sit about and worry about not doing much and feeling guilty, which is what I would normally have done but, of course, half the day would be spent nursing a hangover anyway.

I'm loving getting up early in the morning and loving going to bed with a good book. I'm also loving the feeling of calm and peace that I have and not the awful white noise of anxiety and frustration.

I know how to eat well (that's my job) and I know how best to exercise so I've been focusing on that and I'm also loving how my wine belly is starting to melt. It is so good getting back to fitness and actually wanting it and having the energy for it. I was at a class yesterday and omg, (it was a step class and pretty full on) - the last couple of times I attempted it I had drank a bottle of wine the night before (restricted myself to one due to having the class the next day, madness!) anyhow, after 14 days AF I was able to push hard and go for it instead of holding back and being careful not to push it because I couldn't anyway as I felt dehydrated and had no energy.

So, again, thanks for asking, I'm feeling much more positive and my creativity is starting to unblock too and I've had some good ideas on ways to bring in money.

So all good and getting better and although I don't feel equipped just now to be strong for others - I'm being totally selfish and just reading others posts and posting my progress - it's great you all there and that I'm not alone and that when I stumbled upon this site, years ago, (I googled a recipe and this place came up, yep maybe google and my guardian angel are in cahoots!) it was for a good reason.

Have a great AF weekend everyone, lots of love from Bonnie Scotland, which is as usual a bit rainy and misty and of course, beautiful, xx
              Honour Thyself

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good to hear you so positive Emily. The worst is over, now it is good and bad days but nothing too bad to handle. I am day 70 and it is getting so normal now. When I go out to shop alcohol doesn't even enter my mind....... It is such a wonderful freedom after so many years of hell.

Keep trucking, it is worth it!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Nice to wake up to a clear sky & sunshine for a change

CONGRATS to Bennii on 7 AF days. Great work!!!!

Emily, you do sound great, enjoy your fitness class & healthy eating

Greetings Kuya, Nurdl & everyone popping in today!
                  I need to get right to business today so I'll wish everyone a great AF Friday!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                    Have a meeting with my manager and HR later today..she has put me on some sort of remedial bs for making a mistake...aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh or rather that I didn't catch a mistake someone else made...that person who actually made the mistake is not getting any remediation but I am .....this place is toxic....boss has not liked me since I was moved under her....working on escape plan...really don't need this right now....
                    will report back later..
                    Dottie
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Two i'd Bennii, it is ALL I can do to hold back....my moon is almost showing!!! A little recognition for such a big accomplishment...NOBODY knows how hard those 7 days are like we all do. Star will be out of the prize closet shortly....

I need to go over and check the roll call...we have some huge number stacking up! Kuya, when does your 100 days hit? There were (and are) so many milestones in this journey...but 100 days is when I felt I had finally arrived. I'll have to step into the prize closet and see what you get for that....does anyone have any suggestions? Lola got her big girl panties at a year, so that's taken....What should we give for 100 days?

I am so proud of each and every one of us who came to this same place to get some help with this crazy problem we share (the AL, not the other ones...) It takes courage to reach out that wing for help....I'm so glad I did it.
                      K9 should be along to give her Friday pep rally...I know she's been sick, so I hope she is well enough to check in with her squadders!!

Be strong today! Today is all you gotta worry about! We'll fix tomorrow tomorrow! Hugs to all! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Confetti and balloons for 100 days???
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Adding to newbie nest, but has it's own thread.

Regardless of how bad things get alcohol is never the answer. The truth is, it will only make things worse. You give that monster an ear and a little wiggle room and it's going to make a nest and work its way back into becoming your go to buddy. It's hard for me to admit weakness after standing strong and confident in my ability to control this enemy, but when things went from bad to worse in my life, that's what started to happen again. First I thought I could moderate with just one or two, but that is all it takes to allow that wiggle room so when stress, heartache or bad times hit, it becomes so easy to just say to 'hell with it'. Thankfully, I've recognized what I've allowed to occur and feel humbled enough to not overestimate my ability to control it and underestimate its control over me. Ok, so there is a enemy out there I can't beat in face to face combat. Confidence is a good thing, but overconfidence is not. Don't turn your back on the enemy. Phew! Battlestations again.

Humbly yours,

Slay
                          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tadah-

Bennii, with a wave of me magic wand and on behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest.....

Are you ready?

Got your shades?

We bestow upon you the coveted full moon award :moon:

Now, you may think this is just any old moon, but, with it comes our heartfelt thanks to you for joining our little nest, sticking with us through this last week and encouraging us with your strength and wisdom. As Byrdie says, you have conquered every day of the week now and there's nothing that can be thrown at you that you can't conquer. It only gets better from here- so, onward and upward!

P.S. Thanks to everyone for their votes of confidence about my new position. Sorry it took me so long to get here this morning, but I couldn't get me BIG HEAD out of the prize closet....not to mention me big ARSE----now where did I leave my spanx?
                            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

WELL DONE BENNII GREAT JOB :grouptrophy:
                              AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slaythefear;1408404 wrote: Regardless of how bad things get alcohol is never the answer. The truth is, it will only make things worse. You give that monster an ear and a little wiggle room and it's going to make a nest and work its way back into becoming your go to buddy. It's hard for me to admit weakness after standing strong and confident in my ability to control this enemy, but when things went from bad to worse in my life, that's what started to happen again. First I thought I could moderate with just one or two, but that is all it takes to allow that wiggle room so when stress, heartache or bad times hit, it becomes so easy to just say to 'hell with it'. Thankfully, I've recognized what I've allowed to occur and feel humbled enough to not overestimate my ability to control it and underestimate its control over me. Ok, so there is a enemy out there I can't beat in face to face combat. Confidence is a good thing, but overconfidence is not. Don't turn your back on the enemy. Phew! Battlestations again.

Humbly yours,

Slay
                                Slay, those are the words I live by these days. No truer words have been spoken when it comes to my relationship with AL. Thanks for reinforcing them.

And Ms Emily- You sound GREAT- So positive!!! Keep up the good work :l
                                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Working...
                                X