Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Geesh, Star...fancy fonts and everything....SHOW OFF! Well done on your first moon!

Slay, It's a BITCH! I just shake my head at the power of addiction....thank you for coming back and sharing your story. It resonates with EVERYONE here! I'm so sorry for your trials ....but as you know, we are all in this together...it DOES take a village to find strength. Nestle on in and take comfort in the fact that it took me over a year to learn what you have an a fraction of the time! Again, thank you for having the courage to tell the story....it IS frightening and it scares the hell out of me!

Emily, thank you for those words. It is amazing that this time 2 weeks ago, the story was so different. I am so happy for you! You sound GREAT!

Stay strong today everybody!!! XO, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Benii, great job on your 7 days! You deserve a wonderful, relaxing AF weekend. I hope you do something fun for yourself!

Emily, you sound so positive! I just want to commend you on getting back into fitness. Excercise is a huge part of my quit as well. It can cure us so much faster than just sitting there contemplating our thoughts. I just read here that quitting drinking is alot more than just quitting drinking. In my experience, what you are doing is exactly the kind of life changes you need to make to be successful. Very inspiring!
      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning: such positive energy! Good job, Emily and Benii! Congrats on your new position, Star! Everyone: have a happy safe AF day!
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, Star that was amazing. Never knew a moon could bring such pleasure thank you. Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement, don?t know if I would have done it without the support from here. Here?s to many more moons, big pants, confetti, balloons ? the works. We deserve it! Bx
          :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay, hope you're doing ok - good job on coming and posting...Bennii - congratulations! HUGE achievement!

I feel awful - I am just running a little too mad lately - and don't have time to catch up appropriately - I try to read everything but if it's on my phone, I usually end up not posting...

So will be back and full of hot air very soon....Have a strong AF weekend everyone! I know I will.

lola
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lola,

Thanks for the PM. Things are going pretty well over here. However, I'm slowly starting to think that all you guys are right -- that this thing is an all or non proposition unless one wants to keep obsessing about AL.

I'm handling the moderation just fine. However, it's constantly on my mind and that, I could live without! Anyway, I'm going to give it another serious go next week and see where I land after another solid 30-day effort. Stay tuned...and thanks again for the check in.

Be good,
              Fin
              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Really crappy meeting with boss...if I could have quit right then i would have. She is such a witch....aaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh No job I have ever had has been this much of a pain...I have always gotten wonderful reviews and it seems I cant do anything right for her....aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
                dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, what do you do...what's your role at this shop?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello one and all!

Just wanted to check in and say hello. I have completed my first week at my new job and so far liking it a lot. There are some great people there and I am given plenty of opportunity for growth. It is all in my hands. That is a fantastic feeling. I feel like I am in control of my destiny. Whereas before I believed that luck, circumstance and chance defined someone’s path, rather than individual choice.

I believe I have grown a lot in the last couple of months as a man and as a human being. Knowing that I am a useful member of society now brings a lot of pride, and I hope to contribute as much as I can. Once I settle in to my job I plan to do some volunteer work, mentor students and more.

I am seeing a lot of other changes too. When I feel stressed I go exercise. Tonight (Friday) after work I completed my first 10k. And even though I feel like my legs are made of wood, it is an amazing accomplishment, compared to a typical ex-Friday night that ended up in embarrassment.

So I hope you guys are seeing big changes in your lives too and hope to hear your stories. Will try to catch up on all the new posts over the weekend.

Also I would like to thank a few very selfless people here that supported me all the way: Byrdie, Lola, K9, Lav and Kuya. Also my fellow AL warriors: Star, Nurdl, Slay, Dottie, Cat, RC and Fin. Hope I didn’t leave anyone out.

Have a great Friday night.

ALLAN
                    AF since 1st Sep 2012
                    NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan, you are such a rock star. Thank YOU for holding the course. You're an inspiration to me, that's for sure...just very well done!

Have a great weekend,
                      -Fin

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie...I'm so sorry you work for a jerk...but nothing in a bottle will help unless you are able to angle said bottle over head of aforementioned jerk! I hate that people can be that way...please don't let it derail you...it'll just make the bad even worse!

Fin, great to see you!!! We are right here, and your story from yesterday is a good one for us all to hear. Stay strong over the weekend! Keep close!

Friday is just another day (says Lav with her finger pointed up to the Heavens!) Be safe out there! Dick Head is everywhere!!! Love, Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrd that thought did actually occur to me...not worth going to jail over....but a great image....
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, all!

Brydie, I'm with you on those thoughts. Can't give the ugly mongrel even a sliver of an edge. The power of addiction...yep, truly mind blowing. This is going to be a harder fight than I thought for the long haul. I was putting off dealing with some things that are very very difficult for me until I was sober, but being sober didn't give me any cover when I began to face the other issues. I hate to come back holding out my hand for support, but I may have to settle back in here a bit as a fallen newbie again instead of a future relic. Did I just say relic...I mean...ahhh...errr...how about :l

Love to all.

Slay
                            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1408668 wrote: Hello one and all!

Just wanted to check in and say hello. I have completed my first week at my new job and so far liking it a lot. There are some great people there and I am given plenty of opportunity for growth. It is all in my hands. That is a fantastic feeling. I feel like I am in control of my destiny. Whereas before I believe that luck, circumstance and chance defined someone?s path, rather than individual choice.

I believe I have grown a lot in the last couple of months as a man and as a human being. Knowing that I am a useful member of society now brings a lot of pride, and I hope to contribute as much as I can. Once I settle in to my job I plan to do some volunteer work, mentor students and more.

I am seeing a lot of other changes too. When I feel stressed I go exercise. Tonight (Friday) after work I completed my first 10k. And even though I feel like my legs are made of wood, it is an amazing accomplishment, compared to a typical ex-Friday night that ended up in embarrassment.

So I hope you guys are seeing big changes in your lives too and hope to hear your stories. Will try to catch up on all the new posts over the weekend.

Also I would like to thank a few very selfless people here that supported me all the way: Byrdie, Lola, K9, Lav and Kuya. Also my fellow AL warriors: Star, Nurdl, Slay, Dottie, Cat, RC and Fin. Hope I didn?t leave anyone out.

Have a great Friday night.

ALLAN

So happy for you Allan. Stay the course! Nice to see my fellow newbies still staying strong. I'm going to start my count again because I feel like I need to start again under the current circumstances. There has to be a little deeper work on the inside this time around because I've cut some people loose in my life that I loved, but were toxic.

Tipping my hat to my journey pals who have remained strong! You deserve it.

Love,

Slay
                              Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1408716 wrote: Byrd that thought did actually occur to me...not worth going to jail over....but a great image....
                                Dottie
                                Visuals are great tools! I like Brydies idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X