Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

by assisted living I meant where there is a locked ward so he cant wander off but the facility itself has a dining room etc...I dont want him to be able to wander off in a state of confusion....
    Dot
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm new to this site! So forgive me! I really don't know where to start! I have not yet stopped having my glass of wine! It just consumes me and has taken over my day to day living! My health is now in jeopardy as I'm starting to lose my hair! I know it is the wine consumption! I've read many inspiring stories on this site and will continue to read! I just recently quit smoking and think if I can do that after 30 years, I can quit drinking too! Devastated!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm new to this site! So forgive me! I really don't know where to start! I have not yet stopped having my glass of wine! It just consumes me and has taken over my day to day living! My health is now in jeopardy as I'm starting to lose my hair! I know it is the wine consumption! I've read many inspiring stories on this site and will continue to read! I just recently quit smoking and think if I can do that after 30 years, I can quit drinking too! Devastated!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hello & welcome kneesrbad, glad you found us!
          Please be sure to go to the Health store here on the site & download the MWO book, it explains the program & all it's aspects. We also have a https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html full of good ideas to help you put your plan together.
          Congrats on quitting smoking - I actually found that harder to do myself

Dottie, I'm sure you'll find the appropriate place for your Dad where he's safe.

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the Nest!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rise & shine Nesters

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday.
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello, everyone:

Welcome kneesrbad:

It's definitely possible to quit drinking, though many of us didn't think we could do it at the beginning, too. Definitely read what has helped others and try different ways to find your way out. For me, the l-glutamine and kudzu have helped a lot but other people have other experiences w different things. Just keep trying until you succeed and don't give up ! Good luck!
              Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
              A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone

:new: Decided to stop drinking a few weeks ago and felt amazing and so in control, then I fooled myself into thinking I could now drink like a 'normal' person again!!! Big mistake, I never made it into work today, my head feels like its been smashed with a sledgehammer. Mt self esteem is on the floor and i've shown someone a much weaker side to me than I wanted to. I really don't understand why I lose control over myself, im full of guilt and regret today.
                Reading through some of your comments is a real comfort though so thank you for posting x

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello missT:

Glad you found MWO! I'm pretty new myself, just here a month but in one month life has changed so much... I hope you like it here and find the tools and support you need!!!
                  Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                  A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay, I wanted to acknowledge your post. I totally agree that writing it out helps you get the words out in an organized and meaningful way. Often, when I have begun a post on here, it ends in a totally different direction, I guess that is my way of 'thinking it out'. You will notice that I try to encourage the folks who hit the 30 day mark to say a few words....I ask this for a couple/three reasons....#1 I'm nosey. #2 It helps other people see that it is possible, but #3 If a person has a tough patch of road, he/she can go back and see how far they've come. If our words won't help them, maybe their own will. THAT is the power of this place, too, I think....we do have a chronilogical journal of our progress. I am so happy for you....that change of thinking is key. Not one drink, not ever....and that's just fine by me. I never thought I could say those words and mean them, but here I am! (I also never thought I'd be giving advice on not drinking, but alas).

Kneersbad and MissT137, Ally is so right, you have landed in the best possible spot if you are serious about tackling this demon. None of us thought we could go ONE day without it, but if you look around, you are seeing us doing it!! We are so glad you found us! Settle in and tell us what brings you by....there isn't a story you could tell us that we haven't seen/done/heard.....WELCOME!!

Have a Super Sober Sunday! Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 10 - DOUBLE DIGETS :band2:

Kneesrbad and MissT137 hi. As you can see I am only on day10 ...What am I thinking? I AM ON DAY 10! Sorry just a little me time. Well back to you. I love this place.

Top ten reason why I love the nest:

10. They are here 24 hrs for me to type what I am thinking.
                      9. Everyone here is going through the same thing wheather they are on day 1 or year 2.
                      8. I can post with or without pants! :shocked:
                      7. I can be truthful because I am not going to run into to someone tomorow and have to feel embarrassed or weird around them because of what I told them. :blush:
                      6. I can get out what I have to say without being interrupted.
                      5. No judging!!!!
                      4. Noone looks at you funny when you tell them that you have an Amaryllis Sober Buddy named Stella. :what?:
                      3.Captive audience. (That could have been # 1 but I am saving that spot)
                      2. All the success stories are very motivating and comforting. I can do this!
                      And the #1 reason I love this place...........
                      1. THEY HAVE THE BEST SMILEYS:wave::banana:

Well, that is my thought for today.
                      Have a great day Kneesrbad (love the name, took me a few minutes to figure it out. Like some people's personalized licence plates) and MissT137 .

Too funny, I just hit send message and I got a message saying that I could only use 6 smileys and I have 7!!!! LOL LOL (I would put a smiley here laughing but apparently I have maxed out my smileys)
                      AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you Nanette
                        My Stella sends yours a big hug!!!!

Hello & welcome MissT!
                        The newbies nest is a great place to settle in for a while. Please be sure you download the MWO book from the healt store here. I really loved the Hypno CDs. They did a major number on my thinking, thanks goodness

Hey Byrdie, Ally & everyone!
                        I told my grandson he had to stay home today because I need to get caught up on some work. My DIL just texted me to say he's all 'butthurt' :H :H
                        You're only 4 once in life!
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slaythefear;1409173 wrote: I'm continuing to purge toxic people, things and thoughts out of my life.
                          Hi there Slay!

You are making a very good point. It is astonishing how many negative people are in our lives without us even knowing it. Alcohol was always an excuse to meet up with people that I didnt particularly like just to hang out and drink. Now I would rather do nothing than be around some of them.

Also try to reach out and make new connections. There are so many wonderful people out there that we have never crossed paths with because of our addiction. I feel like I was blind but now I see.

Allan
                          AF since 1st Sep 2012
                          NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back to the hospital....will look at more places tomorrow...stressed out to the max....
                            Dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

MissT137;1409423 wrote: :new: Decided to stop drinking a few weeks ago and felt amazing and so in control, then I fooled myself into thinking I could now drink like a 'normal' person again!!! Big mistake, I never made it into work today, my head feels like its been smashed with a sledgehammer. Mt self esteem is on the floor and i've shown someone a much weaker side to me than I wanted to. I really don't understand why I lose control over myself, im full of guilt and regret today.
                              Reading through some of your comments is a real comfort though so thank you for posting x
                              :new: I was sober 3wks and did exactly as you describe. Friday was my missed work and sledgehammer day. I too have shown some folks a weaker side of me, and my dirty lil secret is out now. everyone thought i had it so together, I am a single mom of 3, I returned to college 3 yrs ago & will graduate in Aug2013, i work full time too. People think the world of me, iam their rock, the strongest albeit orneriest lady they know. I have accomplished SO much, good at everything i try....if they only knew, well some do now. Why can i not see this or feel this way about myself? Why does everything i have accomplished not mean a darn thing?
                              I too am so thankful for being led here by a sweet friend. The comments and postings are very helpful and today Iam hopeful
                              Good luck to you on your journey:welcome:
                              ~ The first days are the hardest days, don't you wory any more~ Grateful Dead

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh my goodness MntGirl, you sound a lot like me. People think I am so nice etc. When I tell people I am an alcoholic and and struggling with quitting they are shocked. I have quit so many times but never told anyone because I thought if I want to drink they will try and stop me, or judge me, "Oh look she is drinking and she is an alcoholic".
                                Telling people is going to keep me accountable.
                                Stay hopeful. Hope is such a strong and powerful medicine.

Just look at all you have accomplished while drunk. Just imagine all the things you could do sober!!!!! You might even become president or Prime Minister, depending on where you live.
                                AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                                X