X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

Welcome Kneesrbad and Miss T.

Hang in there Dottie! So sorry for all your troubles. All our thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep us posted on how it's going and how you are doing.

I think I'm going to need to be reeled in myself. I was catching up on reading posts, when I came across Fin's heroic pouring out of his cold ones. Bravo!

Trouble is, I immediately found myself obsessing about and craving those very (ice cold and ready to go) beers. God, how little it takes to wake up that beast!

I am on day 10, although, like Slay, I don't intend on posting my days, every day. Maybe I'll post 30 days, (God willing), but I am trying to not make AL a daily obsession, whether it is drinking or trying not to drink.

Well, so much for that! Here I am, obsessing again.....

A craving never lasts as long as a hangover, a craving never lasts as long as a hangover, repeat, repeat. Ride the wave.....nobody ever regretted not drinking the next morning.......Man this is something else! Scary!
    AF since 12/2/12
    http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Missed a couple of posts, while I was composing my own. Hello to other newcomer Mntgirl. And all my fellow newbies in their early days of sobriety and older wiser members, too. Love you all!
      AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

:soapbox::headbanger:f**k f**k and double f**k.Had planned to take my wife to dinner Friday night and surfing on saturday ,daughter no 2 rings asking us to baby sit til sunday morn ,she,being the warm hearted girl that she is says yes.Never mind says I, I'll take you for sunday lunch instead,we'll go to the beach and if the surf is up we'll rent some gear instead of dragging our own along.Sitting at lunch phone rings,Daughter no 1"Mom I need a babysitter for 5 0 clock please ,please pretty please"again she agrees.We are 60 miles from home so have to rush lunch and forget surfing.Never mind says I we'll get up early in the morning and go for a long cycle together.Son no 1 rings "My girlfriend is staying over so I need one of you guys to drop her to college in the morning (her college is in the opposite direction to his)aaaahh:boohoo:I give up,gonna get myself a 6 pack of AF beer and get completely NOT drunk.::headbanger::mad-door:
        RANT OVER
        thanks for listening
        (I'm better now)
        AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick...I will NOT give you advice on KIDS! You are the expert on that one...but kick the wall, or cuss! You are doing the right thing in NOT letting this derail you! Drinking AT people only backfires. I wrote the book on that one. Called "Numb and Numb-er". I'm so glad you posted instead of turning to the bottle...there have been so many inspiring posts this weekend. I will be thinking of you!! B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all.....tis Monday morning and into work soon....what an inspired nest it is!

Have a great AF evening,day wherever you are

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everybody, I hope you are having a great AF weekend.

Fin, I'm glad you're back here. I'll never say that THEY are wrong, but YOU are definately right. My life is so much better after giving up on that constant fight.

Welcome, kneesrbad! You are in the right spot. You have a great can-do spirit!

Welcome MissT137, That is the feeling we need to remember when we start to romanticize that poison.

Hi Mntgirl, you posted "Why does everything i have accomplished not mean a darn thing?" Wow. Thanks for putting that into words! Even while we are accomplishing all those other things, the alcohol makes us feel like a failure. You can break that feeling and have the life that you are dreaming of if you really want it. Thanks again for that powerful thought.
              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Swooping in for a quick check here-
                Welcome kneesrbad and missT! We are happy to have you on board with us. Settle in and read, read, read and post away. We are here for you around the clock. This is a journey and you are taking steps on the right direction by joining us and committing to an alcohol free future.

Oh Dottie- so sorry to hear about your dad and you having to miss the dance. Things have got to be looking up for you sometime soon!
                Hello to Lav, Byrdie, Allan , kuya, AF, mnt girl, slay, Nanette,Pinecone, Patrick
                and anyone else I have missed. Have a great sober Sunday evening!
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Patrick...time to put the toys back in their box :H:H:H:H:H...Cecil
                  af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

thanks Finlay
                    AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

:sighbubble:
                      Sorry to be a speed bump...
                      Just feel low...
                      very down...defeated...

six months on the 20th with some slips...big sigh...
                      Nothing seems to be changing...

except my skin looks better...
                      On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                      *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                      https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Patrick! Keeping the beast at bay.
                        ~nurdl
                        :notes:
                        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kradle, I hope Lola will be along shortly....she is the expert on 'spells'. Better known as phases, it isn't unusual to hit those speedbumps and potholes....what is your plan? Are you content to be like this? Are you planning on moderating? Or are you trying to eliminate AL? Those are some hard questions. I know for me, I just can't go back to that Hell Hole....(see post on hiding AL in hairspray bottle). Classy, huh? So maybe if you can get your plan firmed up, we can help you over the hump? Is it the AL or is something else going on that has you blue? B
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Kradle,

So sorry to hear you are so low. Right there with you, today. Very low, too. Struggling mightily. What's going on?
                            AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well even with all my upbeat posts, I am now craving Al. I have made myself a pot of tea with fresh ginger, a lemon wedge and honey added. I am also following some good advice found here and I am making something to eat for supper. 4:00 to 6:00 was always my trouble time. It is 5:45....almost there. I am also alone again as my son as left to go home.
                              Thanks to the nest I have somewhere to go to distract myself until my tea and supper is ready.

Day 10. I have to remember I am in double digets. Yay me!
                              AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nanette,

Looks like you've done everything possible you can to resist the cravings. I'm all 'tea-ed out, but am heading in to make another. Don't know what else to do. It's hard to be alone, too. We got our 7 day moons together and are both now on day 10. I am struggling today, too.
                                AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Working...
                                X