Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Well let's promise each other that we will not listen to AL. We know that this moment will pass.
    AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

To be honest, I've let it pass so many times today, but due to circumstances going on, particularly today, it just won't let go. Unfortunately, it's a situation that seems to have no answer or resolution within my power and I'm feeling pretty hopeless that it can end any way but badly. It's hard to elaborate here, but it's a situation that involves my youngest (adult) son, who was diagnosed with schizophrenia. It's just a never ending nightmare. So many months of painstaking progress, only to see it all coming apart.
      AF since 12/2/12
      http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Those moments do pass and it is hard when you are alone....... I had a crap Saturday evening and the worst craving since day 3, but it was only the four horsemen of the alcoholic, Hungry, Angry, Lonely and Tired that all came to pay a visit at the same time.

I sat down, worked out why, then took a big scoop of Glutamine ......... Ten minutes later felt better and then ate a good meal

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free;1409648 wrote: To be honest, I've let it pass so many times today, but due to circumstances going on, particularly today, it just won't let go. Unfortunately, it's a situation that seems to have no answer or resolution within my power and I'm feeling pretty hopeless that it can end any way but badly. It's hard to elaborate here, but it's a situation that involves my youngest (adult) son, who was diagnosed with schizophrenia. It's just a never ending nightmare. So many months of painstaking progress, only to see it all coming apart.
          You are TIRED

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Kuya,

The truth is yes, I am so, so tired of everything. The only thing I am not, is hungry. Thank you so much, (and Nanette) for responding. I really appreciate it.
            AF since 12/2/12
            http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Almost free think about this (and hopefully you will tell me when I need it). Right now you are a sober mom/dad with a son who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. If you are drinking, you will be a drunk mom/dad with a son who has been diagnosed with schizophrenia. What if he needs you? What if you had to say, sorry I can't come because I am drunk?

Harsh yes but here we get the straight truth nothing less.

Comment

Newbies Nest

If you have already had a drink, say yep I had a drink and move on. Just a blip. You can do this.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stay strong AF and Nanette...you don't want to ever have to do this again. Go to bed early if you have to, eat until you are FULL. Do not cave in no matter what and no matter who. You will never break free by giving in. It's just like a muscle...the ones you use get stronger, that includes the ones you use to fight and the ones you use to cave. I know this is hard....I KNOW it is, but if you will hang in there today, tomorrow when you get up you will be so glad you did. DRINKING NEVER HELPED A SITUATION, it just makes it WORSE! You can trust me on that one. Do whatever it takes to get your mind out of that loop...YOU can do this!!! I know you can! Do not budge on your quit!!! It is too valuable! NEVER GIVE IT UP!! Stay on here and keep reading...no one ever was glad they blew it! NO ONE! B
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Visited my dad and he is getting more and more confused...I know the change in environment is not helping....I dont want to let him go home alone so we are going to look at places tomorrow...this whole process is depressing the heck out of me....he looks so sad and confused...makes me cry.....
                    Dottie
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Looks like the nest has been pretty busy today - that's always a good thing

We all have our own particular drinking triggers. What we choose to do about them at this point is what counts. The things/people/situations that previously pushed me into a bottle of wine now are simply reminders of why I need to be more mindful, takes a few minutes for myself or even sit down with a guided meditation. Completely removing AL as an option is what helped me. Everyone here has to decide for themselves.

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Dottie it is so hard to deal with what you are. I am saying a prayer for you and your family. Thankfully you are sober because you can do what needs to be done with a clear head.

Take care of yourself so you are able to take care of the people who need you most.

Byrdy-In my top ten reasons I like the nest if I had 11 places I would have said you and the other senior members who are here for us all. Thank you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie,
                          I know how hard this situation is, having been through it with my parents.
                          Try to not worry too much, it will all be sorted out soon.
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav...words of wisdom...if worrying would help, it would all be fixed. I cried much more before I finally quit than after....as bad as life can slap you at times, if you are sober, it is not as bad as it could be. Please don't add to the dispair by adding AL to the mix. It won't help a thing. NOT one thing!

Nanette, Lav got me thru many times when I was at a crossroads...she never gave up on me, and she never let me off the hook either, she made me accountable for my own actions. As you can tell, I owe a tremendous amount of gratitude to her....she got me thru the bad patches...and still does. B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

Wow, a lot of pain today in the nest. Dottie, I have experience as a caregiver and dealing with insurance and social services. I would just share, demand your rights, be persistent, and find allies. I had one case manager at an insurance company who has a special place in heaven now.

AF, oh my God. I can only imagine the pain. I'm glad at least you can come here and find solace. As Nanette said, a place to speak without being interrupted. Boy, I value it for that. Hope we can help by being your listeners.

I feel terrible with a cold/flu coming on. So going back to bed. Hope everyone finds some peace tonight.

I love Stella2.

Cat
                              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

WE did it. Stella and I did not have a drink! Day 10 down. Off to bed. Good night everyone and thanks for being here. Stella has been wondering when she can show everyone how well she is doing. Maybe tomorrow. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Comment

Working...
                                X