Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy;1409988 wrote: Congrats on sayingn no! I have been experiencing terrible exhaustion during my entire quit. Some days I do just hunker down in bed (on the weekends, when no work to go to). It's hard to feel physically down and not drink (for me, anyway). I hope you feel better soon, and enjoy the comforts of quiet time.

Cat
    When this fatigue is getting you down ( and I know how depressing it can be) try to hold on to the fact it was CAUSED by alcohol and is just a symptom of repair.
    It took me 23+ years to cause this damage..... It won't repair overnight.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi my name is Stella II and I live with an alcoholic. I am Nanette's Amaryllis Sober Buddy for the new nesters here.

We have been doing ok. I am now at Day 11. LOOK AT ME GROW! Nanette has been doing well. I have noticed that she doesn't sit down much. She is kind of a hyper "chick". (No, Stella (Chook), a human chick) I watched her empty her alcohol cupboard last week. She had to go get a bigger box, LOL, had more than she thought I guess.

Her daughter came home to visit the day her husband left (Just to go back to work for 8 days, not for good) and her son came to visit the day her daughter left. I think they really love her and didn't want her to feel lonely. Very loved. It was nice to meet them. They seem like great kids. Nanette did something right. :heart:

Well I hope everyone has someone in their life like me to help keep them on track and keep them company through this difficult time. Have a great day. I am going to sit in the sun on the kitchen table. :rays: Attached files [img]/converted_files/1983513=7127-attachment.jpg[/img]
      AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stella II it's so nice to hear your side of the story. Sometimes it's difficult to see the bright side of things but you will help Nanette so much but just growing and sending positive energy into the room. I hope we'll hear from you again soon. You are a welcome plant in the newbies nest. Feel free to visit often.
        ~n
        :notes:
        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes Alcoholic, it did take us years to do the damage to our bodies and we ignored it cause we just poured another drink or glass of wine or bottle of beer. The AL became our energy. Our bodies are finally able to do some serious repairs once we stop the flow of AL and it's exhausting work. Realistically you are probably getting as much done sleeping more, or reading through the day or whatever, as you did when you were drinking. I got NOTHING done when I was drinking.

So don't be hard on yourself. Eat, rest, pray, meditate, read, walk....do what your body can do and allow it to heal. Today for example, I am having a headache! Of course I am! I am withholding that thing that brought me that split second warm, relaxing sensation. But after that brief moment, it was all downhill and crap! So I'm adjusting to life without AL which means for a time, I might be exhausted, I might have a headache, I might be achy, I might be restlesss. I might be many things, but I'm just going to have to be those things until my body gets rid of the crap and heals a bit.

Last night I got home, did a little laundry, picked up a few things, spent a little time with my dogs and then, partly cause it's getting dark so early, I announced I was tired and I was going to bed! My husband looked at me like I had lost my mind and said, "hell, it's only 6:00!" I laughed out loud cause I had no idea it was still that early. Didn't matter; I was exhausted, so I went to bed. I woke up this morning feeling a bit better and a little more focused.

One day at a time; or one minute at a time; or however we have to do it, we will feel better if we don't drink!

Catbuddy...thanks for compliment on my Avatar. I liked it too. I am a huge animal lover, especially dogs!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette, what a lovely post! All that growth is since your quit! It's amazing that the plant is growing, too! ehehehe. It is an eye opening journey :bonkers: (trying to use smileys in your honor).
            I had struggled many times and I got to Day 12 twice! The second time I got there, it was 8 o'clock at night, (I had the evening MADE) and my hubs went downstairs for a few minutes...Dick Head set in, I got up and got a coffee mug full of wine and chugged it before he came back upstairs....WTH??? I was so mad at myself....there are 2 morals to that story....really 3. #1 I let Dick Head be in charge of my actions....(thoughts are one thing, actions are another. #2 I had AL in the house and right under my nose (with all due respect to Dogwood Blossom). But #3, when I was finally able to get to Day #13 it was a gamechanging day for me. Something clicked in my head that this really was something I could do going forward. So as K9 says, please don't quit before the miracle happens. D13 was a huge day for me, so I hope it will be for you, too!

So glad to see everyone today...we've almost got Monday behind us! Hugs to all! B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie...."with all due respect to me?"

Comment

Newbies Nest

It was a nose joke...sorry. The puppy in your avatar's nose is rather...um...large. (with all due respect!!). B
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dang...I mean the puppy's nose in your avatar....I'm going home, it's been a long day....
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, hahahaha................ Duh! Another side effect of the AL! I used to be pretty sharp and quick. Now, things just zip over my head! I hope at least some of THAT comes back. I had an old friend say to me one day, that she seemed to remember me being "smarter!" Ouch! She was right...I did use to be smarter! LMBO~!

Comment

Newbies Nest

DB, I was going to give you a pep talk on how your brain cells return, but look what happened to me! That was very rude of your friend, BTW...who says that to somebody???!!! Up hers! (insert nose joke here). inkele: I'm glad you are back 'home' with us. Hugs, B
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi friends, I hope everyone is doing well.

Dogwood Blossom, it is good to see you back. You are wise to listen to your body and go to bed early if it suits you. We got pretty good at ignoring our bodies along the way, and it is very important to start taking good care of them.

Nanette, you sound really positiive and that is a beautiful plant. I hope you keep the pictures coming. Keep at it, there are alot of great things headed your way!
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stopping in to wish everyone a safe & comfy night in the Nest

Great seeing everyone here today!!!!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all. Thanks Nanette for your words, you're very kind. Hope everyone is strong and has a fantastic AF day. Bx
                            :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Good to see you Bennii, hope you are having a good day.

Couldy & raining at the moment in my neck of the nest but not terribly cold so I won't complain, much
                              Wishing everyone a great AF Tuesday!
                              Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone. pinecone, nice to see you hanging around more....and nanette, I loved the stella II story...I'm missing RC and The Big Sober House - so that was a nice diversion...and also a great way of showing the changes you've experienced.

I hope everybody's doing well after the weekend - when I started going through holiday decorations, I found my cute little snowman glasses. They instantly made me want to fill one with alcohol. sheesh. I guess I won't get those out this year....Or maybe I will and just start right away filling with selzer to change that trigger. one of the radio stations is already playing Christmas music and I heard a Dean Martin song - and thought about how all of those old Christmas specials, and the stars of the day - glorified drinking. Even Burl Ives sings "have a cup of cheer"!

So at first I thought "wow, we've come a long way since then" but the more I think about it, I just think the focus has shifted. It's so much more money driven now....all of the commercials and advertisements for alcohol - making it seem that it's a necessary part of any celebration - while I don't think our celebrities could go on tv and be visibly intoxicated - like it seemed that Dean Martin did - we are still bombarded with messages saying it's not only ok - it's necessary.

ah well, my random thought for the weekend.
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X