Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav and Stella!

It was a cold, but I've never had a cold hang on that long! I got my first ever flu shot this year so I don't know if that did something screwy to me. Either that, or I'm just getting OLD. Nah, let's blame the flu shot.

Give Stella a big old peck for me!
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, that's a beautiful boat. Fill us in on all the details of your adventure. What a great thing to look forward to.
      ~n
      :notes:
      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

nurdl;1410512 wrote: Fin, that's a beautiful boat. Fill us in on all the details of your adventure. What a great thing to look forward to.
        ~n
        Hi Nurdl - Ya, it could be a really nice reward for giving up AL. The story is my cousin and I put in for a permit to float all 277 miles of the Grand Canyon (Colorado River) back in 1989. It finally was selected with an assigned July 2013 launch date. It's a 22 day float with several days on either side for packing, travel, etc, etc.

Basically I need to be able to figure out a way to take all of July off. No small undertaking. Some things have already fallen into place, but getting a 30-day hall pass from the wife is going to be challenging. It will test us as this is most definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity.
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1410516 wrote: Hi Nurdl - Ya, it could be a really nice reward for giving up AL. The story is my cousin and I put in for a permit to float all 277 miles of the Grand Canyon (Colorado River) back in 1989. It finally was selected with an assigned July 2013 launch date. It's a 22 day float with several days on either side for packing, travel, etc, etc.

Basically I need to be able to figure out a way to take all of July off. No small undertaking. Some things have already fallen into place, but getting a 30-day hall pass from the wife is going to be challenging. It will test us as this is most definitely a once in a lifetime opportunity.

I'd say this is one time bargaining may be of use. Maybe you can 'bargain' a deal with the wife? What will she get as her opportunity? It sounds incredible and after all this time of waiting? Hmmm...what does wifey need or want?!
          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1410501 wrote: Hi Lav and Stella!

It was a cold, but I've never had a cold hang on that long! I got my first ever flu shot this year so I don't know if that did something screwy to me. Either that, or I'm just getting OLD. Nah, let's blame the flu shot.

Give Stella a big old peck for me!
            Strange timing for your post. I was noting this morning that you hadn't been around for awhile. As I was logging in, my mind was pondering your MIA along with Prairie Fairies and there you were.

I missed my flu shot this year...no cold. Hmmm....
            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star's quote: "Paying attention to HALT (realized that my trigger was Anger and I was really angry at things I had no control over)"

That's been a big one for me lately. I do have control over letting go of the anger, though, and that is what I have been working hard on. I had to walk through it and feel the pain behind it first before I could start to release it.

Great work on you AF days.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nice boat fin!!
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slaythefear;1410521 wrote: I'd say this is one time bargaining may be of use. Maybe you can 'bargain' a deal with the wife? What will she get as her opportunity? It sounds incredible and after all this time of waiting? Hmmm...what does wifey need or want?!
                  Ha! Wife wants a new car, but I just put her through a PhD program that took 10 years! Don't you think it's my turn?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, I think you're going to need a bigger boat!!! Are you NUTS?! 30 days? Camping? Aye, aye, aye...this is where you guys have ALL the advantages. 30 days of MY gear wouldn't fit in that boat! Gosh, what an opportunity! (head shaking...how many pairs of shoes would I need? which purse(s)??) The whole thought gives me a headache!! But I hope the wife clears the way for you!!
                    K9, it's about time you got back here! Sick or not yer sposed to check in! Glad you are feeling better! If it makes you feel any better, we all quoted your sayings during your absence!! You have quite an impact around here!! Hugs (with purell) B
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1410532 wrote: Ha! Wife wants a new car, but I just put her through a PhD program that took 10 years! Don't you think it's my turn?
                      I suppose that depends on your wife? LOL!!!! I think everyone should be allowed to live a little beyond the daily grind and responsibilities. Maybe you can convince her of the renewed positivity it will bring to your life? It's wonderful that you put her through her education. Bravo!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slaythefear;1410538 wrote: I suppose that depends on your wife? LOL!!!! I think everyone should be allowed to live a little beyond the daily grind and responsibilities. Maybe you can convince her of the renewed positivity it will bring to your life? It's wonderful that you put her through her education. Bravo!!
                        I just don't see how it's possible. I can't leave her, or my kids for that long. I may have to just wait until we can all go and pass on my spot. Ouch. Thing is, if you have the $$, you can basically go whenever you want. That may be more realistic if I start saving now, but it still feels like such a shame to miss out on this opp, especially since my cousin and I have been engaged in this process for what seems like an eternity!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab, over the past 3 or 4 years, i've had many sad mornings when i woke up and knew i was in trouble with the hubby and sadly, i wouldn't know why....yet! I'd just have to wait. Then my thoughts would go to my sweet dogs, and I would be terrified that something might of happened to them while i was in my stupor. I'd try to sneak around and count heads to make sure before hubby got up. That is the worst, absolute worst feeling in the world and you have no defense!! I would be so ashamed that there was no way I was going to ask any questions. I'd wait till the time was right and search my cell phone to see who all I had text, and check FB to see what I may have posted! OMG~! AWFUL!

All that said, isn't it incredible that the voices can convince us it wasn't so bad?!?! Life under the influence just sucks! And I know that feeling all to well that you spoke of...that gloomy, never fully there kind of feeling. I want to live AF with a sound mind and a sound heart! One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hopping back in for a second - just back from the funeral -

Wanted to say :colorwelcome: back to K9- We missed you :l and are glad you are feeling better!

Congratulations to Dorothy Free on 3 weeks- That is AWESOME!!!

Thanks for the kudos, Fin! And what an opportunity for adventure!!! I know you will make the right decision about the timing on that- If not now, it will certainly be something to look forward to!

Dogwood- 'bout time for me to get my prize ready for you, girl!

Hello to Slay, Alley, Nurdle, Byrdie, Lola, Lav

Where's my Dottie!!!
                            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters.

Quick check in as gotta go to work.

Good to see ya K9, don't do that again girl .....we was a little worried bout ya!

Slay, tis funny cos last night I had the same thought about Prairie, hope she is OK.

Laters .........

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi friends, just checking in again.

Lolab, thanks, it is good to be here on a more regular basis.

K9, I hope you are feeling better. I had a cold like that once, and I felt like I got ran over by a steamroller.

Dogwood Blossom, your description brings back some unpleasant memories, thank you. If you find the posts about "euphoric recall" by Unwasted, there is some good stuff there.

See you all later!
                                "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                                AF 11/12/11

Comment

Working...
                                X