Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
    It has been a rough several days...dad fell and it has been a real mess with him and his lack of memory. He is mean and hateful. I know he is scared but I can not let him beat me down..I am doing the best I can with what I have to work with....
    Not AF I will admit but I just cant sleep...I can only take on one beast at a time....
    Have been reading and lurking....
    Will rejoin the roll call at a later date...
    Dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;

It's so hard to concentrate on anything but the enormous penis here at MWO. I say we use that opportunity to distract us from alcohol and concentrate on the bigger stuff here.

Everyone have another cold, dreary, but AF day!
      Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
      A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie: sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you have help there dealing w the situation...
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ally, you are so right! It's like an Occupy Wallstreet movement right here! It's pushing everything else out of the way!!!! And still growing! :H B!
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady: plus didn't you always call alcohol mr.dickhead? There's an enormous one now that catches my attention more than the old regular mr. Dickhead.
            Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ally, I KNOW!!!!!!!!!! Dick Head is ALIVE!!!! B
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1411076 wrote: Ally, I KNOW!!!!!!!!!! Dick Head is ALIVE!!!! B
                Oh, poppycock! I done cut 'em' off and sent 'em' to the woodshed.
                Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Transformation does not happen by accident or chance, it is carefully planned and deliberately executed.

I just read this on a body transformation site - about losing weight and gaining muscle - and it really hit home as applying to eliminating alcohol from our lives...
                  ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1411044 wrote: ....that moment of KNOWING that I AM going to drink. Even though at times, in the past - it felt that my body was acting on its own - driving to the store - in my soul I know that before that, I had that "moment" - where a tiny little nurdl () of a thought was allowed to take root in my brain - a thought that maybe I could have a drink or two....or that today might be a good day to get some. ......- damn dick head is invading my subconscious while..... And I was just slowly formulating a plan to drink. My conscious brain has NO plans whatsoever to drink - ever! So I think that this was just the voice making an effort - and I already knew that even now, I will have to step up my strength

....I hope it made sense.
                    Wow, Lolab.....There's one that could have been me talking. I cut out the "dreaming" parts of your quote and that explains exactly how I was feeling over the weekend and even yesterday.

As Byrdie just said "Dick Head is ALIVE!!!!" We must All be on the watch for him at every turn. What is going on here???? This is so hard :upset::upset: But, no one EVER said it was going to be easy, did they now????

We are here, fighting for our lives because we are worth it. Our families are worth it. Our futures are worth it.

Thank God we have each other, is all I can say!

Dottie- so sorry you are having such a rough patch with your dad :l Please stick close and know that we are here for you!

Have a great, AF day everyone

:h Star
                    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, I'm glad to hear from you...sending you strength.

Star - just remember - this rough time that you are having lately is a PHASE - and they usually happen right before a big breakthrough - no, it probably won't FEEL like a breakthrough - but in a few days you'll be sailing through - feeling better than you ever have and you'll say "huh? when did THAT happen?" You have to endure the tough patch to make it through to the bright side. And Believe ME!!! IT's there! You'll get there!
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, I am so sorry to hear about all of the troubles. 2012 has been a tough year for a lot of us with aging parents. My thoughts will be with you and wishing you strength. B
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Matchee has 7 days, and you know what that means!!

Wow, Matchee - Congratulations!!!!

You have SEVEN Wonderful, AF days under your belt and on behalf of the entire newbies nest, you are officially :moon:

So now- carry on, my friend. As Byrdie says, "You have conquered every day of the week and there ain't nothing that can be thrown at you that you can't handle"!

We are so proud of you :l
                          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning All!

Now that I've torn myself away from the Enormous Penis thread, I can concentrate on the Nest. It was a riveting read I'll tell ya.

Sooo...I have been having a bit of a struggle meself...I'm coming up on a YEAR...this can't be happening...but alas, it is. I KNOW I will NOT drink, but Dickhead is rearing his enormous ugly head a lot lately. Maybe it's the time of year, lots of days off coming up soon, will have lots of "alone" time...etc, etc...all the BS excuses. Thank goodness I can fast forward to the reality of drinking, the stupid behavior, smoking again, the hangover...ugh! It's a good reminder though, we have to be vigilant and never let our guard down, or romanticize the drinking. Dickhead is a sneaky Beast!

Hi to all the Newbies! I'm sorry I can't say everybody's name, I've been away sick for almost a week...at least I finally figured out what is wrong...my penis is enormous! LOL :H

Eveyone have a great day...back later to check in on ya (or maybe I need ya'll to check on ME!!!) :h

xoxoxo
                            K9
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!

Dottie, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles with your father's health. I hope you can stick around here a bit and get some comfort.

Lolab, spooky dream! I'm glad you posted the transformation quote after that. It reminds me of Emily Dickinson:

Ruin is formal?Devil's work
                              Consecutive and slow?
                              Fail in an instant, no man did

A very wise person once said "Just struggle." (thanks for that too, saved me a few times). We are so strong and resilient, and we have reserves that we can tap. Even an off day is 100 times better than a blotted out, half-there, dead to the world hung over day, get me to five o clock so I can poison myself again-day. Just struggle, folks! You will make it and you'll be glad you did.
                              "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                              AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1411082 wrote: Transformation does not happen by accident or chance, it is carefully planned and deliberately executed.

I just read this on a body transformation site - about losing weight and gaining muscle - and it really hit home as applying to eliminating alcohol from our lives...
                                and pinecone's "Just Struggle"...watch the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX9FSZJu448[/video]]Never, Ever Give Up. Arthur's Inspirational Transformation! - YouTube

Life Lessons from a Disabled Vet: Never, Ever Give Up ? Positively Positive
                                Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Working...
                                X