Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Dad had the nurse call me and he was just enraged and totally agitated..nothing I said could calm him..He tore off the alarm bracelet and threatened to walk out the door...even thought he had no clue where he was but insisted he did....he hung up on me.....nurse called me back and said he was worse.. gave them permission to medicate him...hated to do that but didnt want to get sued if he took a swing at them or destroyed property trying to get out..he has detached from reality I am afraid...cried my eyes out....
    Dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Dottie. I am so sorry to hear about this trouble. Please believe that your dads condition and his aggression have nothing to do with you. He is not thinking clearly and he needs you to do that for him. You love him and I am sure whatever decisions you make will be in his best interests.
      Hang in there sweetie. And try to take care of yourself !
      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Work has kept me away as well today but I shouldn't complain, being self employed & all

Dottie, I'm very sorry about your Dad. Please remember that the medical professionals understand this sort of behavior & just want to assure his safety. I will send you a PM.

Nanette, if I could get Stella to pour my coffee every morning I would be one happy camper. I'll keep working on her

Sorry I can hang around longer. I'm still in my shop working & it's after 10 pm already - geez!
        Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie:

So sorry. But it's not unusual for patients w later stages of dementia to be medicated so don't feel bad. He's suffering less if correctly medicated. Just work w the professionals to make him as comfortable as you can and that's really all you can do.
          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, so sorry about your Dad. That's really hard.

Lolab, my avatar is a picture of a Kanzashi, a japanese hair ornament, I collect them. This one is a "bira bira kanzashi" which means it has dangly things and makes a tinkling sound. It's lifted vertically in the picture, but you would actually stick it in your bun horizontally so the shiny things hang down and move a lot. I enjoy Japanese things. Perhaps with all the $ I'm saving on alcohol I'll be able to afford to purchase some again....

Welcome newbies, congradulations nesters, I've read but didn't take notes. Things are very busy at work.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin;1411341 wrote: Arthur's a stud!! Great story.
              Wow. Gotta keep Arthur in mind. Inspirational.

Morning nesters! How are youse? Off into a dark morning outside, but that's ok!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Support when needed

Dottie, I just want to add to the sympathy and concern. This is an awful experience for you. Any way we can help - post often and just scream and cry here if you need to. You have a community who cares, to add to those already around you.

Cat
                "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC, I'm with you, running out the door into dark, sideways, cold rain! After this week, work should settle down a bit, it's not 6:30am yet, and I'm about to hit the road!
                  Back in the day, I'd still be suffering the affects from the night before! Now I'm just pooped ...not still drunk pooped.

Dottie...my Dad is almost 90 and is falling down hurting himself just about weekly now. AND he is still DRIVING! We are at wits end, he is so stubborn and getting really testy about it...downright ugly. I have to wonder if this is God's (or Nature's) way of helping us let go of them. If it is actually giving us a little distance between the sweet, kind man I knew and this proud, overbearing person we're seeing now. I don't know, it's not easy, whatever it is....My thoughts and prayers are with you....

Now let's go out and sell something! Make it a peaceful day in your head! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone!!!!

It's been a bit since I've posted on here. I've been....well, not great, but now on Day 3. This is the longest I've gone in some time.......heading towards the weekend, and going out for dinner and to watch UFC, which is normally a big drinkingfest.....I will be calm and cool.....

Hope all is well.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks all..I agree byrd that this may help me let him go.....sad......
                      Back later
                      Dottie
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Just dodged a babysitting request bullet from my DIL this morning :H
                        Her regular paid babysitter is on the schedule today ~ not me

Greetings to everyone & a special shout out to Dottie this morning :l
                        Have a great AF Thursday everyone!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi , everyone:

Slept well last night. A rare treat. Still tired today. But I've been a tired, lazy person all my life, can't really blame it all on alcohol or lack of sleep. I think in a couple of weeks once my body repairs itself some more, I will need to start to exercise. Ah, I'll just choose a date: this Sunday. I'll start exercising at least 5 min a day.

Ok, got 20 more minutes to sleep, maybe I can get a power nap in somehow.
                          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all! Those struggles, THOSE STRUGGLES...we can make it though! I know it can be hell, but grab a hand and try to hold on. We understand those struggles.

Well, not really counting AF days, but when RC came back it brought awareness back to my fall and my days, so today is day 8 AF after my short fall into self destructive body poisoning behavior once again. Do I dare say I think I have a spark in my brain cells igniting today? NOW that makes me happy. I so hate the dumbbell I become from poisoning my brains ability to do its job. It's amazing in just a short little time of falling down, how my body had to go through another repair. It's like hitting rewind. It's taken a week to start to see a small hole clearing in the dark cloud around me with only a short binge lapse. Time for some REAL honesty with myself. Yesterday evening, I was so down, I thought if I fall again, I am not getting back up. I believe I will completely self destruct the next time, so I'm in REALITY check mode today!

Off to exercise my body and mind. I'm not overweight, but after watching Arthur yesterday, I said no excuses, girl. If he can get that fit from where he was, I have absolutely no room to put it off. I just need to get physically fit and strong. I don't have his enormous obstacle to face from that height....at least weight wise. My mental issues are another story.

Happy sober day to all and a big :l to endure whatever this day has in store for you.

Love,

Slay
                            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning...Ally - you must have stolen my time with Mr. Sandman somehow...cause I didn't sleep a wink! Used to be that was a reason to say the hell with it....I already feel like crap - Might as well drink. Today, I'm still going to work out...(haven't YET - LOL!) And take a little bit of time to play with my new toy....I've never really bought into the whole "reward yourself" with the money you've saved - thing...but I did just get a new camera.

In the past, photos were always forgotten after the first 5 minutes of any event - as I got lost in my buzz...I'd usually leave my camera wherever I was - and have to retrieve it the next day - and check - hoping that I somehow took some decent photos without remembering it??? But nope - there were always the 5 or 6 photos from right at the beginning of the night. So now I think that I can handle owning a nice DSLR - learning how to use it - and not worry about dropping the damn thing.:H Plus, I think it might give me something to do at social outings.

Dottie, my heart is breaking for you...I'm so glad you're still here - please keep opening up to us as it has to help some.:l

Great job on 3 days Phin! The worst is over - how awesome is it going to feel to get a weekend under your belt!!!

OK, I better go work out, before I figure out something else to do.:H
                              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

x post Slay - I bypassed Arthur yesterday as I was on my phone...I will go have a look.
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X