• Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey Slay- I read that you are not counting days, but gee whiz-

Day 8!

We're gonna moon you anyway!

:moon:

So there ya go, my friend, for 7 plus 1 days and :goodjob:

Your thoughtful posts have added so much to the nest!

:h:h
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Everyone!

Lola-Same here...hardly a wink of sleep! That never happens to me...not sure what was going on. Of course now that I'm at work I feel like I could sleep for hours!

Congrats to Dottie and Slay...keep up the great work. Stay strong, it does get easier!

Byrdie - I have to agree with your thoughts on our parents getting older and cranky, maybe it does have something to do with being able to let go...same thing with teenagers, it gets to the point where we can't wait for them to move out!

All this talk about working out has got me actually considering it. I'll think about it for a while before I make any huge decisions. LOL

Hope ya'll have a great day. Glue, tape, velcro or staple your butts to the Nest...no falling out! :h
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 and Byrdlady: so true about elderly and teenagers. It is easier for us to let them go. Also, they are irritated w US, that also easier for them to leave us!

I'm thinking so much about these life changes everyone is speaking of. Making little change at a time, I am thinking of prettify-ing my l glutamine drinks. I get the powder ones now from GNC, and can really tell a difference of it cutting my cravings. So, instead of previously sitting back w a glass of wine after work to relax, I'm going to mix my glutamine drink in a pretty cocktail glass or in a wine glass and sit back in the message chair (it's fixed) and relax. Yesterday I drank my glut and sat on my other glut (butt) in my chair and dozed off.
        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW Talk about working out.....Look at Stella at Day 14!!!!mg:shocked:

No Just kidding. Someone brought me a flower yesterday and funny, it was an Amaryllis. I will post day 14 picture of Stella later. I couldn't resist posting this.

Well I guess I could have resisted but I didn't want to. Attached files [img]/converted_files/1985033=7136-attachment.jpg[/img]
          AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Ally,

Tell me how much glut you put in how much water. I swear, I have tried and tried that stuff and it don't do a darn thing for me. The kudzu either - and I have the good brands. The kudzu is that planetary formula brand and the l-glut is from the health food store. What's wrong with me?

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

HaHa, Nanette- for a minute, I thought you must have been feeding Stella some of that baclofen that's become "All the Rage" here lately!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Haha, star and Nanette! Nice shoot!

Star:
                I started w GNC's 1000 mg 2-3 tablets a day, noticed only minimal difference. But then I got the GNC rapid drive glutamine supplement 5000 mg micronized form. It comes w a scooper I put 1 scoop in w 6-8 oz of water and it makes a nice punch like drink. I immediately lose any craving for alcohol. I don't have as much willpower as most people and am pretty lazy, so these supplements really support my goal to stay away from alcohol.

And the kudzu I bought was the planetary herbal full spectrum 750 mg from vitamin shoppe. That one I think reduces significantly the amount I can drink when I do drink. I would almost feel sick after 2 glasses of wine. It may have added to the anti craving effect of l glut. , don't really know. I also tend to take 2 tabs of it before I know I'm going out and may end of having a drink, so maybe that's why it works that way on me.

I plan to try the kudzu from this site though. I wish they would work w everyone but that doesn't happen that way . I hope you keep looking and maybe you will find a brand that works for you.
                Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, I have been trying the JARROW Formula L-Glutamine and I put about 5000 mg in a lil water and I can not tell a difference in anything... Maybe I should try the GNC brand. And the kudzu I used was exactly what you are using and I could drink right on top of it (when I was drinking). Right now, I am not using anything except will power- and it's working ok, so I guess I should not complain. I just wonder why these supplements work for some folks and not for others. Glad you are finding support from them! Thanks for the info!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi star:

And I wonder the same thing: why willpower works for some people and not me!!! Lol!
                    Alcoholic (or Ally)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters-

Today is a VERY SPECIAL DAY for our VERY SPECIAL

Dogwood Blossom.

She has earned the highly coveted full moon award for 7 Amazing Days of complete Abstinence from the BEAST - ALCOHOL.

She has beat the devil out of him and has provided great company and advice for the rest of us nesters.

We are so happy for you, DB, we congratulate you and we moon you!

:moon:

Oh and just 5 more weeks and your BUTT will look as good as mine ( LOL), just keep running from the DickHead- that?s all it takes

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings everyone! I stumbled no that was the old me! I discovered this site in hopes of helping my fiancee with her addiction to alcohol. While I'm here I might be able to offer insight for anyone wanting, needing to get sobor. This Thanksgiving will be twenty six years of sobriety. Most people ask me how did I do it? I wish I could answer that myself. The easiest answer would be "don't drink". The closet thing I could say is that I am SCARED as hell to try and drink. No matter how good it looks how good it feels be scared of it! Surrender to it because it will beat you and everyone around you. Be scared of it leave it alone you can't win.

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW IFI -

Thanks for chiming in here with your experience and what a wonderful person you are for wanting to help your fiancee. Settle in and make yourself at home. Feel free to share your insight- we are all ears!
                          Do you think your fiancee would like to join us online?

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Star!!! That was sweet of you. I've been reflecting the last two days, so I was leery of sending that moon back to you.

Today has been a productive day so far, but I'm sleepy now. ZZzzzzZZZZzzz...think I'll take some time to rest before I make dinner. Bought some food on the way home...need to eat better, too.

Strength and healing to all!

P.S. - K9, I saw your post about having some nagging thoughts about drinking. Maybe adding just a little exercise in daily will help you bypass those thoughts. Perhaps, you need a little something new in your routine. Becoming a little bored? You've made it a long way. It's awesome.
                            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Starfish for the full moon! I love it! It's sure a whole lot better than sitting around all day trying to connect the dots to see what you may have done the night before!

IF WE CAN JUST HANG ON TO THAT & KICK DICK HEADS ASS OUT THE DOOR!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening peeps,

Day 3 done. It's humbling being back at this place again. Well, not back again, I don't feel i'm back on Day 3 of Sept 19th. This is a new day 3. A wee bit wiser I hope. And with the added strength of knowledge - that I don't need to drink and have proved that i can be 7 weeks AF.

This day, Thursday, I am glad to be AF.

Dottie - was so quick in posting this morning that I didn't read back attentive enough to pick up on your post. My thoughts are with you and your dad at this time.

Slay - it's real lovely to see you again here. I am enjoying your posts. They're chewy - great food for thought, for comfort, for knowledge.

Doggie - congrats on yer Day 7. That makes me smile as much as looking at yer avatar!

Star - doing a fine job handing out all dem fine shiny moonies! Hope you're well bud.

Everyone else - a big :hiya: to youse. Hope you are all velcro'd and warm and comfy.

Off to snoozledonia. Have a good night / afternoon / morning all.

Comment

Working...
                                X