Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters,

Been reading through and firstly. :l to Dottie:l I too have a parent with dementia and, no matter what your previous relationship was, it is hard to deal with. It is almost harder than death......they are still alive but NOT, if you get my meaning.

I find solace in remembering that she has had her life and that this is nature's way. It reinforces the importance that I live what life I have left to the full.

Star.....I have kudzu but have not needed to use it, which brings me to another thought re supplements. I took a pretty full range of supplements for years and did not have too much struggle quitting. I wonder if it would help you to order the full starting range from biorecovery to cover ALL the essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals you may be deficient in.

This same advice could apply to EVERYONE here as it is impossible to know what you may be deficient in..........just a thought.

Slay.....so good to hear you back and up at it. I hear you on the last chance thing. I feel the same way. If I fail again I fear I will be stage four losing house and job and too far down to come back up.
    IIC....thanks for sharing and I wish your friend well. It must be frustrating seeing her struggle when you KNOW what she must do. If she can do it anywhere, she can do it here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

DAY 14.

I am making some tea because I just got home and thinking about making supper. I can not tell you how much I am craving right now. The feeling is crazy. It actually hurts in my throat. Making supper was when I would always have a drink. I am going to have some tea and eat supper and hopefully this will pass.

I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

It is really hard today.
      AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Kuya u hit the nail on the head....dead but not....not the dad I remember...a stranger who is angry and mean....need to keep a perspective on this but pulls at my heart...hard to be objective but I must do what I have to in order for him to be safe and for those of us around him too..
        Dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette. You can do this. How is your tea? What are you making for dinner? Keep something by you to drink. I used to always drink a vitamin water or my joint juice at this time. You need to get inso many glasses of water a day! Make this that time. I know how you are feeling.
          ~nurdl
          :notes:
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette;1411996 wrote: DAY 14.

I am making some tea because I just got home and thinking about making supper. I can not tell you how much I am craving right now. The feeling is crazy. It actually hurts in my throat. Making supper was when I would always have a drink. I am going to have some tea and eat supper and hopefully this will pass.

I CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

It is really hard today.
            Nanette ....... You MUST eat a snack ( I use trail mix) and take some Glutamine at this time. I was EXACTLY like you and still face the six o'clock demon daily.........it is HUNGER PLUS HABIT. It is also probably a reflection that you have not eaten enough all day. I honestly believe that MOST alcoholism, particularly in women, is an expression of a lifetime of anorexia to some degree.

EAT

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok I had a glass of cranberry/pomegranate juice while my tea was steeping, put my wings in the oven (sweet chili chicken wings), made a pie for my husband who is coming home tomorrow and I am now sitting typing with my tea. Feeling Calm Camomile Citrus herbal tea with a lemon wedge in it.

I also ate some chips. The salt helped I think. I made it. That urge was so strong WOW.

But it is an hour later almost and I am still sober.

That was a close one. All good now. Thanks everyone for being here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm feeling dumb here. I ordered the generic Topamax online using a site recommended through a thread that did not require a prescription. I cannot find the thread to re-order now. :-( It was a pharmacy out of Canada. Thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Go to the meds threads and ask....I am sure they will know

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Kuya!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nice job, Nanette! Have you read anything about urge surfing? It's funny how it comes on really strong and then kind of peters out in the end. You might have felt like you were going to lose the battle there, but that made you so much stronger!
                      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Nanette, good job today
                        It helped me a lot to remember that after your initial detox you really are not craving AL as much as you are thinking about AL! From now on, when those thoughts hit tell yourself NO & go do something else. Distraction is a great tool!

Hi to Pinecone, nice to see you & hello to everyone.
                        I'm still in my sop working so I'll just wish everyone a safe night in the nest.
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all my nester friends! I work and do school so my life is a constant running around. I just want to thank all my friends on the nest and on MWO for being supportive to me after I relapsed. I am amazed by the compassion so many have here. Thank you K9 Byrdie Kradle Wildflowers..Lavande...I promise when school is done next spring I will start sharing more on what AL demon is and how I can help others. Please be patient with me my buds.
                          Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

FinallyDone, I for one always welcome your posts. You've really put yourself out there on MWO, and I hope we can be there for you in the future.

Nanette, I had a terrible time from Day 14 for the next two weeks. It was bizarre to me. I was eating, taking supplements, using the CDs. I remember being on my kitchen floor one night, refusing to drink, while the urge just shook me. I used the image that AL was just pissed at my defiance, and was waging an all-out war in my mind. Use all the tools - eat, distract, remind yourself it will pass. But try this war image - it helped to acknowlege how hard it was, and how great the stakes.

Cat
                            "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you for you advice Cat. I guess that this is a good example to people that the moment last for maybe an hour or so where I would be mad and disappointed in myself for a lot longer that that if I had have given in.

Thank you again.

I did it. It is 11:30 p.m. on Day 14. I AM SOBER!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette;1412081 wrote: Thank you for you advice Cat. I guess that this is a good example to people that the moment last for maybe an hour or so where I would be mad and disappointed in myself for a lot longer that that if I had have given in.

Thank you again.

I did it. It is 11:30 p.m. on Day 14. I AM SOBER!
                                Well done Nanette! Another day under your belt

Comment

Working...
                                X