Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi to all,

This last day has been interesting to see how many common problems we all share apart from alcohol.

We are just human beings with problems with alcohol, not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking.

The former has a solution, the latter is overwhelming.

Make sure you engage in the solution.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

Having an exceptionally low day today, myself. I just spent the last hour elaborating on what's going on, only to hit a wrong button and having it all disappear. Guess it wasn't meant to be shared. And now I won't have much privacy, if I even wanted to re-do it all. Please send some good thoughts and prayers my way. Thanks.
      AF since 12/2/12
      http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stella Day 19 Stella Day 1

Well for those of you who have been wondering, Stella is doing great. She and I are still growing and will blossom in time!

Back to work today and back to Curves too. Today was a good day!

Welcome to all the newbies. Hang in there.

Psssst, Hey, Pssst, Bennii - Are you out there? Let us know how you are doing one way or another. Remember no judging here. Attached files [img]/converted_files/1987478=7148-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1987478=7150-attachment.jpg[/img]
        AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ok that didn't work. Here is Stella Day. 19. Ta Da!

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1987479=7148-attachment.jpg[/img]
          AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, I, too, love doing things for others, I'm just so burned out with this schizophrenic son, who has required my constant care. I had to get a place for us (far from home and my hubby) to help get him through the rounds of legal and medical required appointments, brought on by the psychotic episode. Months and months of overseeing everything, food, laundry, rides, meds, paperwork,on and on. And always a battle for cooperation. Finally some progress, which is now in danger of all falling apart again.
            AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free;1414200 wrote: Hi Everyone,

Having an exceptionally low day today, myself. I just spent the last hour elaborating on what's going on, only to hit a wrong button and having it all disappear. Guess it wasn't meant to be shared. And now I won't have much privacy, if I even wanted to re-do it all. Please send some good thoughts and prayers my way. Thanks.
              Sometimes I find just writing it out serves the purpose and is cathartic even if not shared.

You know AF, low days are followed by good ones so try and welcome them as a sign you are healing. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free;1414205 wrote: Byrdie, I, too, love doing things for others, I'm just so burned out with this schizophrenic son, who has required my constant care. I had to get a place for us (far from home and my hubby) to help get him through the rounds of legal and medical required appointments, brought on by the psychotic episode. Months and months of overseeing everything, food, laundry, rides, meds, paperwork,on and on. And always a battle for cooperation. Finally some progress, which is now in danger of all falling apart again.
                AF ..... You are doing enough just dealing with your son, you don't need to find any more energy for others, maybe just more time for yourself.
                Any chance of going for a massage?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette;1414204 wrote: Ok that didn't work. Here is Stella Day. 19. Ta Da!
                  Those leaves look like a beak Nan! You sure she ain't competing with the Chook? :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Kuya,

I'm so low, I don't even want a drink. I never thought I'd say that. The feeling of impending doom is so great, I can't even think of another thing to do, except to accept what seems inevitable. So much effort, so much hope, all gone.......
                    AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free;1414213 wrote: Thanks Kuya,

I'm so low, I don't even want a drink. I never thought I'd say that. The feeling of impending doom is so great, I can't even think of another thing to do, except to accept what seems inevitable. So much effort, so much hope, all gone.......
                      You are tired, just very tired. You need a break of some sort. Can you do that?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm just going to try to get through to bedtime and call it a day. My prayers seem to be falling on deaf ears. I don't want to accept that the answer to this prayer is 'No'.
                        AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free;1414215 wrote: I'm just going to try to get through to bedtime and call it a day. My prayers seem to be falling on deaf ears. I don't want to accept that the answer to this prayer is 'No'.
                          AF...... You need a break, if I can hear that it MUST be so. You are going to burn out and then who will be there for your son.

God helps those who HELP THEMSELVES....... You have to get some down time NOW!

You are not superwoman and trying to be is where your drinking comes in...... Trust me, I was just like you, doing for everyone and then burning up with exhaustion.

Can you take a break, a couple of days away, anywhere

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Kuya,

I really can't leave him alone overnight. When he's been left alone, there's always a crisis that happens that he is not able to deal with, other than a meltdown. Getting locked out, oven left on all day, something flooding...... always something. The mental ability for the most routine things seems beyond him at this point. I could probably get away for a walk or something. Maybe go out for a couple of hours. Unfortunately, I really have no one to relieve me. Maybe I'll go rent a funny movie and get some popcorn. Even living with him is depressing. He's always locked in his room unless he needs something. Not much company. Thanks for your kind words. I already feel better, just talking to someone for a bit. Thanks.
                            AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free;1414224 wrote: Thanks Kuya,

I really can't leave him alone overnight. When he's been left alone, there's always a crisis that happens that he is not able to deal with, other than a meltdown. Getting locked out, oven left on all day, something flooding...... always something. The mental ability for the most routine things seems beyond him at this point. I could probably get away for a walk or something. Maybe go out for a couple of hours. Unfortunately, I really have no one to relieve me. Maybe I'll go rent a funny movie and get some popcorn. Even living with him is depressing. He's always locked in his room unless he needs something. Not much company. Thanks for your kind words. I already feel better, just talking to someone for a bit. Thanks.
                              It sounds so hard, and like you say he is not even company for you. I just feel there should be some respite for you. You need it. Whereabouts do you live?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was born and raised in the U.S.A., but am currently in another country (which I'd rather not name, here) to help my son deal with his ordeal.
                                AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Working...
                                X