Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

moni;1415638 wrote: Happy Thanksgiving to all those across the water. Hope you're all having a nice day.

Day 8 here. Oh gosh, the exhaustion today. I felt like I was severely hungover by early afternoon. Going to stick with it. The weekend looms ahead, going to be the toughest time. I've enquired about early morning Yoga on Sunday morning as this will hopefully encourage me to get an early night Saturday AF.
    Moni .....well done and go with the flow. The exhaustion will take time....don't overdo it or you will get overwhelmed.

Many of us are here BECAUSE of wearing our knickers over our tights, so to speak......none of us are superheroes but many of us are heroic......don't confuse the two.

The weekend doesn't loom, my dear,unless you choose to perceive it that way.

You have two days to sleep and rest........what a blessing, if you so choose it.

It is ALL in your head and under your control

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving like I did

I really have become accustomed to these sober holidays & all of you will as well.
      It's great to wake up the next morning without a hangover or the worry that you did or said something stupid the night before.

I hope everyone has a safe & cozy night in the nest!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tired and feeling off, probably more food today than usual. But AF.

Kuya, that is beyond horrible. I am so sorry you went through that. I'm so glad your daughter has her mother. I don't know what else to say, because I can't make it any better. But :l :l :l

Cat
        "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya, I love your posts :heart:
          Honour Thyself

Comment

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy;1415758 wrote: Tired and feeling off, probably more food today than usual. But AF.

Kuya, that is beyond horrible. I am so sorry you went through that. I'm so glad your daughter has her mother. I don't know what else to say, because I can't make it any better. But :l :l :l

Cat
            You don't need to make it better......I made it better......but hugs are always good :h

In many ways I was more fortunate than many here, that period of my life was damaging but short.
            Some here will have suffered an entire childhood of abuse in various and subtle ways from their biological parents who were SUPPOSED to care for them. Some are even now having to care for those same abusive parents as they age.
            The need to feel unconditionally loved makes many people repress and/or deny the abuses they suffered, but they are emotionally scarred and addiction commonly results.

I am recovered from that trauma BECAUSE I remember it. I can forgive them, because to behave in that way speaks to far deeper psychic pain than I suffered. They were damaged and probably died damaged.

ALL emotional disturbance was created in childhood.

We often choose to lay it at the door of later events because the truth feels too hard to handle......yet to be free of it, handle it we must.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Bright & sunny here this morning

Kuya, it's so true that all emotional disturbance is created in childhood. What you went through was truly horrible, never should have happened. My Dad created similar fears in us when we were very young. But, all of that has made us who we are today & growing stronger every day!

Cat, hope you are feeling better today! Greetings to everyone & best wishes for those of you brave enough to fight the shopping crowds today - not me!!!

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

I've just joined this forum today and already I am getting strength from reading the posts I have - thank you.

I'm 6 days AF today - the longest I think I've ever managed since childhood. For the first time ever I have admitted recently that I am alcoholic (up until 6 days ago I thought I was just binge-drinking due to justifiable reasons - being stressed, tragedies in life, hectic work schedule, depression etc etc).

So, I made the decision that I want to stop and went to my first ever AA meeting on Tuesday of this week and have been doing a lot of soul searching since. What I'm learning about alcoholism and how it has been affecting, or should I say, controlling me has been pretty mind-blowing I have to say. Doing lots of reflection, but am ready to move forwards and hopefully achieve a happy life of sobriety.

Have a great day all xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning everyone! Happy "day after" Thanksgiving! I am hoping that everyone had a wonderful day. This was my first Thanksgiving that I was AF in 20 years. I had my rough moments which is to be expected but I got through them and I am happy to say that I am 124 days....YAY!
                  So sorry I havent been posting on here much but I promise to get back into the swing of things! Ha! I have been focusing so much on my sobriety and I attend 3 AA meetings a week. I am sure you all remember me heading to my first meeting kicking and screaming but now I look forward to them and find such comfort there.
                  Have a great AF Friday!
                  AB Club Member
                  AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello & welcome JingleJo, so glad you decided to join us
                    CONGRATS on your 6 AF days, feels great, doesn't it? Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Hello Destiniey!
                    Good for you on your AF time as well! Yes, i do remember your struggles in the beginning. So much has changed since then, huh?

Is everyone out shopping or just sleeping in?
                    I've been to Curves & now in my shop getting some work done, yay!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi! no time but thinking of you all!!! Yestersday went off perfectly`imagine that...no AL and no disasters!!!
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Had a great Thanksgiving with my friend and her family. They always make us feel welcome.
                        Off to look at yet another place for my dad. I just dont like where he is. I dont think they are paying any attention to him..just medicate and sit him in front of the TV...NO life activities at all which will cause a more rapid decline. So we shall look at more until I find the place I want him to be.
                        Dottie
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters!! GREAT to be back home. I think I need a support group for people with FECKED UP families!!! Bloody Hell! Turns out I'm the one with the least problems and I'm a dam ALKIE!!!!!!!!!! I won't dwell on the details, but in the last 4 days of posts, I have one of each of the problems listed, it's like I went down a menu!!!!!!!!!! I'll have the doped up aging parent....with a side of animal hoarding....oh, for dessert, I'll have some poverty. At each family members visit, I would get dumped on as to what was wrong and the resulting messes they were in. They all looked at me as if I could get them out of it. I can't make it rain money or turn back the clock yet, so said the only thing I know to be true in my life, it seems like it always comes down to 2 choices. You can continue the way you are going or you can make a direction correction and see what happens. That's what I had to do and it was the best thing I ever did.

I've been making this annual trip back home for 30 years I guess, and most of those I have been drinking my way thru them. Traveling this time was a reminder of what I did to cope. Cat, in answer to your question about it getting easier...I say it was a REMINDER, but it was no longer an option. I took that option off the table 22 months ago. Would it be nice to zone out of a couple hours and not think about things? Yep...but it wouldn't be 2 hours...or even 2 days. This is the second year I have exercised these muscles...and they are getting stronger, too. Next year should be easier still. Reminders and triggers are just thoughts....I want to be sober more than I want to be drunk. I want to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem. Every day I stay sober makes that possible. I will not drink no matter what and no matter who! I need to be sober so I can think rationally. I need to be the adult. I do not need AL to help me get thru anything anymore....It nearly destroyed me and is waiting to do it again. I don't dare let Dick Head in the door.

I'm so glad to be back home and settling in to the best place on Earth...the folks on this site....who KNOW what my struggles are and are willing to listen and lend a hand to help. I don't have all the answers (if I did, I'd be a teen!) but I do know that AL won't fix any of my family's problems.

Stay safe and sober, Nesters!!! You will never be sorry! If I can do it, I know you can, too! Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today's Encouragement

Embrace something beautiful in life everyday.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1991719=7183-attachment.jpg[/img]
                            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for sharing, Kuya. Sometimes it's hard for us to let those kinds of issues out. You reminded me of my father when I was younger. He did not want to see any tears. It would anger him. One time I started crying at the dinner table and he stood up and threatened to take off his belt. So many adults have their own issues which then become someone else's issues. I'm glad you have been able to confront this and come to terms with it in a better way. So many of us aren't even aware of some of the childhood issues that have created current behaviors. They tend to be in our locked box behind our conscious level.

I hope you are feeling better and the bug is on its way out the door.

Welcome to the newbies and it's nice to see the oldies made it through the family events.
                              Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today's encouragement

Embrace beauty in your life daily. Nature is a great place to reconnect with yourself, but you can find it in a simple smile.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1991727=7187-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1991727=7188-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1991727=7183-attachment.jpg[/img] [img]/converted_files/1991727=7190-attachment.jpg[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X