Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

This one is for Byrdie.

Pick a direction and start walking or you'll never get there.

Attached files [img]/converted_files/1991728=7158-attachment.jpg[/img]
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening all and I hope everyone has a safe and sober weekend ahead. I'm fine here, just coming to the end of day 6, oh but I've been exhausted. Last night was the first night I actually slept 7 hrs, albeit fitfully but at least I slept. I hope that's the worst of it done. Still no cravings but am being very careful with my thoughts, not even lingering particularly long on thinking about my AF days, only to acknowledge them and then distract myself with something else. Take care everyone

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1415222 wrote:
        Day four means you are nearly over the worst physically. Week two is easier......just make sure you eat plenty of protein and veg/salad and try to avoid sugar hits if you can.
        If you have Glutamine use it, if you don't, buy it
        I'm *really* looking forward to Week two Kuya!! Yes I do have Lglut, it must be helping because I've not really been troubled by cravings but then I have been monitoring my thoughts like a hawk. I'm absolutely terrified of what might happen if I let my guard down.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Red Riding Hood;1416063 wrote: I'm *really* looking forward to Week two Kuya!! Yes I do have Lglut, it must be helping because I've not really been troubled by cravings but then I have been monitoring my thoughts like a hawk. I'm absolutely terrified of what might happen if I let my guard down.
          Don't be terrified......every uncomfortable feeling is you healing. In fact, try to welcome those feelings, from now til a month they become day to day rather than hour to hour.

Hi Jinglejo, good to see you here in the nest, buckle in and tell us ANY problems you encounter...... Someone will be able to help

Comment

Newbies Nest

B,

I don?t know the whole story of your childhood. Our parents mess us up in very different ways. However, I must say that they did something right. How else would that child turn into such a caring and thoughtful woman that you are!

I hope you get to relax in December, following your busy period.

x

ALLAN
            AF since 1st Sep 2012
            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you , Slay. Your posts have been very inspiring!! Everyone's have! Each post matters. So proud of all of us for kicking ALs arse!! Getting used to my new phone here. Remember, Friday is just another day, not a free pass to drink! Stay strong and safe. Byrdie
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Alan!! Cross post! Thank you for your kind words. My batteries are already recharging just having been home this short time and also talking to my friends here. I'm getting my color back! Hugs to you! B
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 9 almost over. Productive day overall and nowhere near as tired as previous days. I notice I'm eating a lot of junk though. Need to kick that as I never ate that cr*p before (I just knocked back glass and glass of poison instead!)

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Welcome home Byrdie, glad the family didn't push you over the edge

moni, don't worry about the junk food right now. I did the same thing in the beginning but soon got that under control as well. Congrats on your 9 AF days!

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a safe night in th enest for one & all!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slaythefear;1416041 wrote: Thanks for sharing, Kuya. Sometimes it's hard for us to let those kinds of issues out. You reminded me of my father when I was younger. He did not want to see any tears. It would anger him. One time I started crying at the dinner table and he stood up and threatened to take off his belt. So many adults have their own issues which then become someone else's issues. I'm glad you have been able to confront this and come to terms with it in a better way. So many of us aren't even aware of some of the childhood issues that have created current behaviors. They tend to be in our locked box behind our conscious level.

I hope you are feeling better and the bug is on its way out the door.

Welcome to the newbies and it's nice to see the oldies made it through the family events.
                      That violence against tears is such a common abuse, passed from generation to generation Slay. So glad I have broken that cycle.

Funny story..... My oldest son (32 YO) invited me to watch the film 'nine pounds' with him. He had watched it a week earlier.

He had tears streaming down his cheeks while the opening titles were rolling! :H
                      No emotion repression in this house LOLOLOLOL

Comment

Newbies Nest

We saw a place for dad that hubby and I both liked today. It is an Alzheimer's facility only. Has all the things the AZ folks think are important...He could stay here until hospice is needed, but it will take all his pension and his savings to maintain for a few years but I think that is a much better way to spend down his money than giving it to the government to take care of him in a questionable establishment IMHO. I need to get him moved and settled soon so he can have some continuity ....
                        Dottie
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Everyone sleeping in??

Dottie, good to hear you found an appropriate place for your Dad. The cost of LTC is very high, I know but he will receive the care he needs :l

A cold front blew in overnight so it's quite chilly here this morning. Strangely enough it was near 60 degrees yesterday, oh well.

Wishing everyone a good AF Saturday!
                          Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09
                          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters! Going to spend this day decorating for Christmas! Jingle, RedRiding and Moni, hope you are doing well today!
                            So good to be home!
                            Hope everyone is recovering from the food overdose! My pants are cutting me in half, time to switch to the elastic!! Boing! Happy AF Saturday! MindPeace, B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Emily, on behalf of the entire Newbie's Nest, please accept this small token of a giant task!!! Here, my Dear, is your hat!!! :day5: Did you ever think 30 days ago you could have made it to this point??? Did you ever think you'd be giving advice on an site to help others quit drinking? It's a crazy world.... Would you have a few words about your journey? If not, that's ok, too....30 days is such big doings. It was The Mission Impossible, until one day led to 2, and so it goes. We are so proud and happy for you!!! Well done! Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Me again, sorry, I think I am responsible for Moons until Star gets back.
                                JingleJo, on behalf of the Newbies Nest, please accept this full moon! :moon: This is such a big accomplishment...you have conquered every day that a week can throw at you (including a holiday!!!!!!!!) and kicked AL's arse! We are very proud of you!! It just gets better from here, too! Very well done! We know you will want to continue this path and earn your hat at 30 days!! Woot! Woot!!! Great going! Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X