Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Today's encouragement

"We all shall pass through this life but only once. Let us enjoy today, as we shall not pass this way again."

Kuya, Nine Pounds is an EXCELLENT movie. I watched it several times and cried each time. That's great your son can express his feelings and humanity comfortably. Awesome, in fact!

I just finished cooking lasagna for dinner tonight. I like it to sit for awhile before eating it. It's always better reheated imo. We had some snow, so I felt like some kitchen time. I won't be home for Christmas, so debating on whether to put up my tree this year...hmmm...makes me think of alcohol and tree trimming.

I hope everyone is doing well today and decides to put a smile in their heart even if things seem dreadful. This too shall pass as they say. I'm not a 'they say' advocate, but rough times in life do come and go.

Love,

Slay
    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

OH MY!!!!! IAD is auditioning for the position of seven day moon presenter. ROTFL!!!!!

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ise-70561.html

What do you think, Brydie and Star? Do you want to relinquish your duties? What a character he is!!!!

Have a great day, all!
      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

I did a mini kettlebells class yesterday. Woke up this morning feeling like a truck had driven over me during the night. I decided some mild exercise might loosen me up so went for a walk and ended up walking 10kms! Cooked myself a lovely dinner and settling down to some study
        Day 10 - double figures now. Soon the days turn into weeks. Need to keep going!

Emily - well done on 30 days! :goodjob:

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Woo Hoo thank you Byrdie for my hat

I just wrote huge post and lost it due to being timed out!!

Have to go now but will post something up again tomorrow, have a great Saturday everyone, xx
          Honour Thyself

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1416415 wrote: JingleJo, on behalf of the Newbies Nest, please accept this full moon! :moon: This is such a big accomplishment...you have conquered every day that a week can throw at you (including a holiday!!!!!!!!) and kicked AL's arse! We are very proud of you!! It just gets better from here, too! Very well done! We know you will want to continue this path and earn your hat at 30 days!! Woot! Woot!!! Great going! Byrdie
            PMSL - thank you very much for my full moon! :-) I had no idea what you meant when you referred to me getting mooned in the nest in another post - was utterly confused until I saw this - haha.

Brilliant encouragement ;-)

Thank you xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

JingleJo;1416505 wrote: PMSL - thank you very much for my full moon! :-) I had no idea what you meant when you referred to me getting mooned in the nest in another post - was utterly confused until I saw this - haha.

Brilliant encouragement ;-)

Thank you xxx

Sorry Jo......you must have thought I had lost the plot! ( which some say I have! :H)

Congrats again AND to EMILY
              FOR 30 DAYS

to both of you ...... Stay here, keep reading and learning, knowledge is power

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1416512 wrote: Sorry Jo......you must have thought I had lost the plot! ( which some say I have! :H)

Congrats again AND to EMILY
                FOR 30 DAYS

to both of you ...... Stay here, keep reading and learning, knowledge is power
                Haha, yeah I did a bit tbh. Little did I know I was gonna get an arse flashed at me - albeit the arse of an emoticon ha.

Defo gonna stick around. Have found this site so helpful and encouraging already through reading and posting and all the fabby feedback.

xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

RedRiding and Dogwood!! I just saw on roll call that each of YOU have earned a moon also!! Gosh the moons are flying today! Here is your major award: :moon::moon: Well done to each of you for conquering each day of the week, INCLUDING a holiday! I am so proud of you both. This is not easy, but that's how it's done....one day, one minute at a time. Good job!!! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW!

CONGRATS to the award winners today! So glad Byrdie is here exposing herself......it's too cold up here for me to do that :H :H

Watching Penn State football, nice
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all,
                      Moving dad tomorrow or Monday to the place dh and I liked. I think I will be able to exhale for a while.
                      He is still going to be mad that he is not going home but the more time I spend at his house the more convinced this is the right decision. Hope he gets over it eventually.
                      Dottie
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great job, Emily!

Welcome back Byrdie, and belated congratulations on your 22 months!
                        "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                        AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, more sympathetic I could not be....glad you are making some headway with your dad. How are YOU doing? Have you been able to get back on track? I hope so, it only adds to the overall misery. I will be thinking of you...

Lav, I think Star gets back tomorrow....my mind was swirling with family stuff when she told me her schedule, so I hope I've done her proud while she's been gone. It's cold here, too...if you look closely there are icicles hanging from bouncing booties! :H

Where's Nanette and Stella (the flower?) AND, where's RC? Hope all are safe and sober....you know how we worry around here! Good to see you, Pinecone!!!!!!!!!!!
                          Hugs to all....Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, we will be with you in spirit while you get your Dad moved
                            It will take a little time but he will settle down, they always do.
                            Hope you can catch your breath soon!

Hi Pinecone & Byrdie.
                            I have a nice fire keeping me warm tonight - feels like winter all of a sudden Brrr.

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest. Hope our missing fledglings show up soon

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

Quick fly in at end of night. I just saw the movie "Rise of the Guardians" with my son. It was amazing, and worth seeing in 3D. A wonderful, heartwarming film. Sandman is a character. Here's to sprinkling some sand and sweet dreams tonight.

Cat
                              "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Woke up to a chilly & sunless morning, oh well!
                                Heading out to a combo birthday party this afternoon for my son & grandson & looking forward to that

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday!
                                Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X