Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey...bumping up the nest making room for someone I hope will be dropping by....Mike found his way to the site, and I've invited him over. Please read back a couple of weeks and get to know us, then jump right in....only one of us bites and she's not here on weekends :H:H:H.
    Dottie, so glad that your mind is easing...I have been trying to remember that I can't save the world...but I CAN start with me and hope it carries to others....
    Have a safe, sober night, Nesters...see you in the morning! Hugs, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Who bites Byrdie??:H :H

Good evening Nesters,
      Looks like everyone had a good day, I know I did!
      My son turned 32 today, my grandson will be 4 on Wednesday ~ hence the dual party
      I guess this officially makes me as old as dirt but my daughter will be 36 in January

Dottie, glad to hear the move went well for your Dad. Try to get some rest now!

Greetings to everyone & wishes for a safe & cozy night in the nest. It's 28 degrees here currently at 9:30 pm.......Brrrrr!!!!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

G'nite Byrdie and Nesters. It's cold here too. A good night to snuggle in for AF dreams and a new week.
        ~nurdl
        :notes:
        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dreams

Hi Nesters,

Well, here I am again turning the lights out (west coast nester). Just wanted to share a few thoughts.

First, SO GLAD our folks are back. Nanette, we were worried, and it's good to see how strong you and Stella are. Dottie, fantastic that you found a good place for your Dad. Easing your mind and his is huge. Byrdie, I'm programming your number in. I have to go to Nashville for a business trip this week, and while I feel strong, I hate business travel. Lav, where would those boys be without you? No one with your energy can be considered old. Kuya, I know you will make it, because you will kick your own ass if you don't. Remember to eat! Star, missed you, and BTW, you have EIGHT WEEKS TODAY!

So for Star, who loves emoticons,

:banana: :wave: :yougo:

On my front, I think I had a breakthrough on my mind's deepest levels. In brief, for the past several years I have been plagued with dreams of losing my home, my job, and being abandoned in my home town in our old house. Always, the pool in the backyard if filled with loathsome fish (so bizarre), is dirty and covered with algae. I used to swim in this pool daily in the summer, and it meant a great deal to me. Symbol of the broken life. Today, I took a nap and dreamt I was (once again) back at the house. This time, I went outside and discovered a back yard under construction and a beautiful pool with jacuzzi going in. You can't make this stuff up. Talk about a not-so-subtle breakthrough.

Night, nesters.

Cat
          "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy;1417104 wrote:
            On my front, I think I had a breakthrough on my mind's deepest levels. In brief, for the past several years I have been plagued with dreams of losing my home, my job, and being abandoned in my home town in our old house. Always, the pool in the backyard if filled with loathsome fish (so bizarre), is dirty and covered with algae. I used to swim in this pool daily in the summer, and it meant a great deal to me. Symbol of the broken life. Today, I took a nap and dreamt I was (once again) back at the house. This time, I went outside and discovered a back yard under construction and a beautiful pool with jacuzzi going in. You can't make this stuff up. Talk about a not-so-subtle breakthrough.

Night, nesters.

Cat
            Cat I love dreams.... They are soooo useful. I saw a therapist years ago who was awesome and taught me to look at my dreams. My kids always tell me their dreams so I can interpret them.
            Bear with me, but apparently in a dream we are represented by every being including animals. This means YOU were the loathsome fish swimming in the filthy pool. Now you are clean !

AWESOME DREAM !

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1417114 wrote: Cat I love dreams.... They are soooo useful. I saw a therapist years ago who was awesome and taught me to look at my dreams. My kids always tell me their dreams so I can interpret them.
              Bear with me, but apparently in a dream we are represented by every being including animals. This means YOU were the loathsome fish swimming in the filthy pool. Now you are clean !

AWESOME DREAM !
              KY - you can interpret dreams ??

I had one (well a few) last night including one where I'd had a baby boy - he was a preemie baby and in an incubator. I'd gone to change and dress him, and he looked at me and kissed me. (A mommy kiss !!) Now before I gon on, I can't have any more kids, and I'm probably pre-menopausal too, so the chances of having a child are zilch.

At the time, I blamed the late night garlic roule on crackers - maybe it was, I dunno.

Oh, and btw - after a bad experience on Friday night, I'm back on day 3. Still itching, and wishing it was 10pm and time for bed. I'm not looking forward to tonight, but I'm going to fill me belly and hope for the best.

Have good days nesters xxxx
              Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 12. Just two to go until 2 full weeks. I'm a bit anxious this week as I've got an appointment at the end of the week with psychologist at the hospital to discuss my recent admission. I know I will be forced to discuss things from the deaths of my parents this year to the history of my drinking and I'm not sure how well I can deal with that. I'm not the best at sharing my emotions and tend to put on the stiff upper lip pretending I'm fine and feeling I need to be strong for everyone else. Being forced to discuss my feelings is something I've never been comfortable with.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I feel for you Moni. I've been seeing a therapist since I admitting to my drinking. My first few sessions were disastrous. I broke down sobbing and just saying over and over again I don't know why I did this. It's gotten better and I've discovered a few things about myself but it's so much easier to hide it all under the rug. Unfortunately, that was my downfall in the first place. Keep coming back to MWO and talking. Also congratulations on your 12 days! That's fantastic and soon it will be 2 full weeks and then the days just keep stacking up.
                  ~nurdl
                  :notes:
                  we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, many thoughts of caving the last two days...especially yesterday. It was boredom. I have to keep busy on the weekends!

Had a great Thanksgiving with my and extended family and an especially good connection with my brother-in-law. I see him in a place where I was...maybe not quite as bad, but his is definitely on his way. Anyway, I think I got him examining his own habit by simply holding the line myself. I just told him I was "liking it a little too much and needing to take a break". He could relate.

Anyway, back to it. It's good to be on the other side of the holidays still in control. Well done, team...well done.

Be good,
                    -Fin
                    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

I believe we have a major award going out today...I will keep checking roll call until it becomes official....
                      I think half a hat should go out to Fin, who has 15 days and fought a massive cave in yesterday....roud: I couldn't find half a hat, so this will have to do unitl you get your real one. It would be a different day totally this morning if you had given in to Dick Head! I am busting with pride for you....THIS is what it takes. And those muscles get stronger... and mercifully, those voices have less influence, so 2 things going on there. Well done!

Moni, Day 13 was a milestone for me in 2 ways...I had hit 12 days twice before and caved in, so the third time I got thru it and on to D13 was as if the seas parted and the sun came out. On this day, I knew that being sober was something I wanted more than being drunk. I felt like this really was something I could do!! I hope you find the same thing...it gave me a lot of hope to feel that way, and I never looked back! You are doing great! You'd never know it from this forum, but in real life I don't like to talk about myself either. I always ask questions of the other person to avoid it. I think it's a defense we have. So opening up here and talking about my successes and failures has gone a LONG way to helping me heal! Like Cat said, this place IS therapeutic in many ways! And speaking of Cat, program me in your phone! Giving up all your days' investment is not worth a dam drink! Call me and I will come thru that phone line and knock Dick Head OFF your shoulders!! We've got to stick together here, there is safety in numbers! I honestly don't know how people did it (either in the old days or even now) by themselves...there would be so much temptation to test the waters. That's the power of this site, in my opinion, it doesn't take long to see where one drink gets us. The uneasyness of a 15 minute craving is NOT worth the weeks and sometimes months it takes to get back on track.

Happy AF Monday Nesters! Any day without AL is a great day, I don't care who you are! Byrdie
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1417193 wrote: ... It would be a different day totally this morning if you had given in to Dick Head! I am busting with pride for you....THIS is what it takes. And those muscles get stronger... and mercifully, those voices have less influence, so 2 things going on there. Well done!
                        Thanks, Byrd! And yeah, you're sooo right. I would have been spirit crushed today if I had caved. It's NOT worth it! My mornings are hands down, the best reward system of all. I feel 100% better, more energized, happy and optimistic as a result of not medicating the shit out of my head the night before. Clarity is where it's at, folks.

As a reward, I've ordered my new boat for the Grand Canyon. I'll have it come March. It's a very fine and tangible link to my AF self. It'll look just like the one in my avatar, but 6'' shorter. Uuuuahh!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin, I hope the 6" that's missing doesn't include the very necessary "OH SHIT!" Handles....:wow: B
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Something to think about.

Imagine there is a bank account that credits your account each morning with $86,400. It carries over no balance from day to day.
                            Every evening the bank deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day. What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course?
                            Each of us has such a bank. It's name is TIME.
                            Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds.
                            Every night it writes off as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to a good purpose.
                            It carries over no balance. It allows no over draft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day.
                            If you fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours. There is no drawing against "tomorrow."
                            You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success!
                            The clock is running!! Make the most of today.

To realise the value of ONE YEAR, ask a student who failed a grade.

To realise the value of ONE MONTH, ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.

To realise the value of ONE WEEK, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper.

To realise the value of ONE HOUR, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.

To realise the value of ONE MINUTE, ask a person who just missed a train.

To realise the value of ONE SECOND, ask someone who just avoided an accident.

To realise the value of ONE MILLISECOND, ask the person who won a silver medal at the Olympics.

Treasure every moment that you have! And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time with. And remember time waits for no one.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present.
                            - email

Perspective on time spent intoxicated and hungover...
                            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1417196 wrote: Fin, I hope the 6" that's missing doesn't include the very necessary "OH SHIT!" Handles....:wow: B
                              I just talked to the builder and the double-ender I want (pointed stern) adds 12'' + multiple oh shit handles. I'm thinking an ejector seat would also be good, but the river takes care of that most of the time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm loving how positive we are this morning!

I will apologize AGAIN right up front for not being here lately. Family around lots, and to tell you the truth, I kind of exhausted myself. Between Thanksgiving, decorating for Christmas, and these workouts, I am collapsing EARLY in the evening....

Yes, Allan, it's P90x - I did two rounds of it a couple of years ago, - of course never stopped drinking. I tried to get my workouts done as early in the day as possible so that I could drink. Sometimes as soon as I was done...and a few times, I managed to try to work out after I had already started sipping. Despite that, I never felt better than I did then. Sooo, considering I'm starting this time sober (i'm actually 3 weeks in)...and not sabotaging myself, and am almost 30 pounds lighter than I was at the beginning of it last time - I am already seeing some great results - MUSCLE....But it is a commitment. Most days take 1 1/2 hrs - and then you're sore...and tired but invigorated....so anyway - I made the decision that at this point - I am making that (as in me) my priority. I'm not going anywhere - but I am going to be a bit selfish for a little bit - with my time. If I let myself get overwhelmed with Christmas and the house and workouts and emotions - and then spend too much time on the computer - I will be much more vulnerable - so my goal - my plan is to stay on top of it all...

so gonna run for now.:h
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X