Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Slaythefear;1417199 wrote: Imagine there is a bank account that credits your account each morning with $86,400.
    I love this! Thanks for posting it.
    Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
    Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon. It takes sooooo long to see a doctor in my area. Clinical depression and anxiety are a bitch!!! It makes not drinking so much harder if that makes any sense to anyone. It should make it easier, but when your mind gets hijacked by malfunctioning neurochemistry you aren't always thinking in a reasoned manner. I'm seeing a different doctor today in hopes of possibly getting a therapist to talk to. I'm a rather stubborn, I can do it all on my own, kind of person. This isn't easy for me, but I'm wondering if there isn't a therapist out there that isn't a bird brain. When I was first diagnosed with clinical depression, I was sent to some real dopes. You wonder where these people get their training...Cracker Jack certificates? I, also, don't like to put things on my record, but we'll see how the doc. visit goes today.

Sounds like everyone is doing alright and survived the holidays. GREAT JOB, folks!

Love,

Slay
      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay, amazing post. Yet scary. I look at my life and wonder where the last 25 years have gone! I try to be mindful every day of the gift of life, and your post is a good reminder to do that.

Lola, wow, you are a machine! 30 pounds! That's half a Katie Perry! Good job!

Fin, ejector seats!!! You need the butt velcro worse than we do! Here's a roll on us! (no pun intended). XO, B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

I've been up & out already for the dreaded mamogram & my trip to Curves
          Now, a few hours of work then off to babysitting grandsons this afternoon. Busy is good!!

Slay, I was the queen of anxiety & depression, honestly. I do know how hard it is.
          My doc had me on Lexapro for a few years but it didn't stop me from drinking, just made me numb. I gave up on that & the doc & started myself on the OTC Amoryn. Worked like a charm! I was ablevto get myself leveled out pretty quickly, then was able to stop drinking without a big problem

Greetings to everyone & congrats to everyone on their AF time!
          Must run, have a great AF Monday one & all.
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

hi i am back again - went off the rails for a while but have high blood pressure which is directly related to my alcohol consumption so i know i have to change things. Had a good chat with my sister who also gave up the demon so she is going to suport me as well. This is something i really want and feel so ashamed that i haven't been able to get this under control. I nearly wasn't going to post as i am mortified that i am back to square one but as someone said, by writing how i feel i am acknowledging my problem to myself and making it real. I will be checking in most nights to get reinforcements so here is to my day 1 .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go 40! No need for shame here as we've all been through it. Isn't that stupid about the blood pressure? Mine went up too. Would I stop drinking to fix it? No. Now I've made other things a mess by prolonging taking action. Welcome and do check in. We're all in this together.
              ~nurdl
              :notes:
              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

G'Day nesters :l

I am getting back into my routine and am so happy to be able to check in with all my friends here in the nest. My life is just not the same without being able to connect with all of you.

Welcome Back, Hitting 40! We are so happy to have you back with us! Make yourself comfy and yes, please check in often as I think that is such an important part of working this program. There is so much love, encouragement and support here. It ALWAYS helps me to visit the nest

Cat- Thank you SO MUCH for realizing that I have 8 weeks today!!! I am proud of that. I had really stopped counting days after day 50 and just decided to set my sights on day 100, but you have given me an unexpected happy surprise today by counting for me. Eight weeks, wow And btw, I guess you will have 8 weeks tomorrow- so Congrats to you, too- :l

Have a happy day everyone, back later :l

:h Star
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back hitting40,

Glad you decided to post, regardless of how you feel today. We've all felt the shame & the guilt but the good news is tomorrow you will start feeling proud of your decision
                  Make a plan to succeed, don't just hope & wish for change.
                  Btw, my B/P has come down so much I am in the process of reducing meds & hope to be completely off them in a few months. You can do this too!

Nurdl, welcome home! Tell us more about your trip!

Star, CONGRATS on your 8 AF weeks!!!!
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Quest for the key;1417151 wrote: KY - you can interpret dreams ??

I had one (well a few) last night including one where I'd had a baby boy - he was a preemie baby and in an incubator. I'd gone to change and dress him, and he looked at me and kissed me. (A mommy kiss !!) Now before I gon on, I can't have any more kids, and I'm probably pre-menopausal too, so the chances of having a child are zilch.

At the time, I blamed the late night garlic roule on crackers - maybe it was, I dunno.

Oh, and btw - after a bad experience on Friday night, I'm back on day 3. Still itching, and wishing it was 10pm and time for bed. I'm not looking forward to tonight, but I'm going to fill me belly and hope for the best.

Have good days nesters xxxx
                    Oh Quest..... Your dream is a doozy. YOU are the premature baby! The adult you is trying to care for the new you which your subconscious knows is not quite ready (at term). This is why you keep slipping. The premature, sober, you is kissing ( thanking) you for allowing it to be born and for caring for it.

Wow, girlfriend, you are now READY for this !

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm looking for the "like" button for kuya's post :-)
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dam. Kuya that is amazing!

Star! 2 months is awesom!!! How bout 2 hats for the girl in the spotlight!!!:goodtime::goodtime: Wow, it seems like just yustaday when you flew in....my baby is all grown up!! and mooning people...I'm so proud!!!

Hitting40, great to see you back with a newfound resolve!! Maybe Fin will lend you some of his butt velcro! Glad you are back with us, this is the best place on Earth to be...

All this talk of exercise is going to get me up and walking here in a bit. Well, that and the 3 pounds I gained since last Tuesday...I feel like a cow. Moo.:jumpwow: I know that's not a cow, but close enough. Hope everyone is just saying NO today! Byrdie
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slaythefear;1417199 wrote: Imagine there is a bank account that credits your account each morning with $86,400. It carries over no balance from day to day.
                          Every evening the bank deletes whatever part of the balance you failed to use during the day. What would you do? Draw out every cent, of course?
                          Each of us has such a bank. It's name is TIME.
                          Every morning, it credits you with 86,400 seconds.
                          Every night it writes off as lost, whatever of this you have failed to invest to a good purpose.
                          It carries over no balance. It allows no over draft. Each day it opens a new account for you. Each night it burns the remains of the day.
                          If you fail to use the day's deposits, the loss is yours. There is no drawing against "tomorrow."
                          You must live in the present on today's deposits. Invest it so as to get from it the utmost in health, happiness and success!
                          The clock is running!! Make the most of today.

To realise the value of ONE YEAR, ask a student who failed a grade.

To realise the value of ONE MONTH, ask a mother who has given birth to a premature baby.

To realise the value of ONE WEEK, ask the editor of a weekly newspaper.

To realise the value of ONE HOUR, ask the lovers who are waiting to meet.

To realise the value of ONE MINUTE, ask a person who just missed a train.

To realise the value of ONE SECOND, ask someone who just avoided an accident.

To realise the value of ONE MILLISECOND, ask the person who won a silver medal at the Olympics.

Treasure every moment that you have! And treasure it more because you shared it with someone special, special enough to spend your time with. And remember time waits for no one.

Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why its called the present.
                          - email

Perspective on time spent intoxicated and hungover...
                          This is lovely Slay......where do you get them from? :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thats amazing, thanks for reposting Kuya.

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1417201 wrote:

Yes, Allan, it's P90x - I did two rounds of it a couple of years ago, - of course never stopped drinking. I tried to get my workouts done as early in the day as possible so that I could drink. Sometimes as soon as I was done...and a few times, I managed to try to work out after I had already started sipping. Despite that, I never felt better than I did then. Sooo, considering I'm starting this time sober (i'm actually 3 weeks in)...and not sabotaging myself, and am almost 30 pounds lighter than I was at the beginning of it last time - I am already seeing some great results - MUSCLE....But it is a commitment. Most days take 1 1/2 hrs - and then you're sore...and tired but invigorated....so anyway - I made the decision that at this point - I am making that (as in me) my priority. I'm not going anywhere - but I am going to be a bit selfish for a little bit - with my time. If I let myself get overwhelmed with Christmas and the house and workouts and emotions - and then spend too much time on the computer - I will be much more vulnerable - so my goal - my plan is to stay on top of it all...

so gonna run for now.:h
                              That is great Lola. Keep it up. P90x and insanity are very tough programmes so I imagine you are one tough cookie. However, sore bum, sore legs, sore arms... feel kind of good the following day don?t they?

I myself set a goal to lose 12 pounds by Christmas and happy to report I have already achieved that goal, thanks to running. We have an annual London Virgin marathon taking place in April and I am hoping to participate. Fingers crosses.

ALLAN
                              AF since 1st Sep 2012
                              NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan, a London Virgin Marathon...that's open to so few participants...like maybe 2? Do you have to provide proof? eheheh...
                                Even I walked today!! So we are all getting into it! I bet Lola could kick our arses!! She's small but strong!!
                                Hope everyone has a cozy AF night in the nest...dig your heels in and do not cave no matter what and no matter who!! Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X