Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdie that was quite the fire and brimstone post you put up. Well done. I have to confess that I have the giggles over one of your suggestions... If nothing else go to the bathroom??? You are a treasure and you are absolutely right. Been there done that.

Star! Ive missed you. We should pull up a couple of twigs and catch up soon.
    Go to the bathroom all says Byrdie!
    Love you B!
    ~nurdl
    :notes:
    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Missed you too, Nurdle and I think we need to take up a collection for Byrdie (our resident comedian). I don't know what we'd do without her- she makes me laugh EVERY day!
      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back to work today. Must say this place really brings me down...but the sun is out and we are going out to dinner tonight..free....woohoo..
        Love the nest and reading all the posts...sorry if i dont comment on each one but my short term memory is not that good...:eeks:
        Dottie.
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay:
          I'm in mental health business and yes, lots of self medicating going on. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm a fellow self- medicater. I'm in denial of what my true mental illness is though (my husband thinks I have bipolar, he's probably right, but I'm not ready to admit to it yet!). I have no family hx of drug/alcohol addiction, but lot of anxiety in the family and many undiagnosed possible bipolars. My aunt could talk until you ripped your ears in front of her, my workaholic family: dad is 74 still working 6 days a week, lots of famous artists, architects in the family. And I go on huge spending sprees. Bought a 20,000 piano when I play at 2nd grade level.
          But anyway, instead of seeing a therapist, you may want to see a psychiatrist who can play around w your meds and find the best for you. Find a good one though. There are many crappy ones out there.
          Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
          A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nurdl...sorry about the fire and brimstone...I just wish I could save somebody from the year of agony I put myself thru. As it turns out, I'm pretty thick headed!! If it adds one more sober day to someone's quit...then it's a good thing. Off to the bathroom! :flush: TMI! XXOO, B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

2 weeks today. If somebody had told me two weeks ago that I would avoid alcohol for 2 weeks I wouldn't have believed it. I've surprised myself. I'm still being careful though and ensuring I don't let old habits creep back in. Yesterday evening I was very tempted. So while in the supermarket I discovered non-alcoholic cider. It was reduced too. I bought a bottle. Can't say I really enjoyed it. It was okay. I didn't feel like having anymore when I finished it but I certainly won't use this as a gaige to moderating. I think it was the 'buzz' I got from alcohol was the weakness with me.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Moni. I remember that experience too. Now I'm gunning for a full month. I NEVER would have thought this possible before MWO, but here we are!
                Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy! Thought you'd sneak one past me, eh??? Not so fast! 2 months AF?? Look what I found!!! :day5::day5: I'm so proud of you...every post you seem to get stronger and more resolute. Please accept these hats for a job well done!! You are an inspiration to us all! B
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

:wd: Yay on your 2 AF months Catbuddy :wd:

Afternoon greetings everyone
                    I'm working my butt off & probably will be busy all through thhis holiday season making everyone's holiday special. Now if someone would just do my holiday shopping
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations on your 2 months AF, Cat :banana::rockon:
                      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star: love your avatar! Fits you!
                        Alcoholic (or Ally)

"Only a fool knows everything.
                        A wise man knows how little he knows."

Please feel free to block/ignore my posts through your control panel.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon, friends.

Welcome to Andrew, Billyd and Tree!

Moni, great job on your two weeks!

Catbuddy, great job on your two months!

I just have to say that I agree with Starfish1 about just reading and posting on here. It is just plain beneficial to have a place to check in to and get the thoughts out of your head. We tended to engage in alot of self deception while drinking. It is really hard to do that here for many reasons, especially because we have caring nest mums who won't tolerate that kind of scuttlebutt!
                          "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                          AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Bloody Heck, Star, I just counted and you've got 8 weeks, too! I am down to my knuckles getting hats out to all those deserving! Please accept these hats as a small token of a BIG job! PLUS the fact you wear 2 hats around here by being our official Mooner! You all are sneaking in on me! Here are YOUR hats!! :day5::day5: Gosh, I hope I haven't missed anyone! These things go for big bucks on ebay....ehehehe. Well done, Star! B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well now I am wondering if they just told be about the craft thingy or not....he asked the nurse to call me and he went off on the tirade about coming to get him right now and if he has to stay here forever he would jump off the roof....I called the nurse supervisor and told her that his type of call was not to happen again...I can not take this at work and cry at my desk...I also asked for a care conference ASAP. If his meds need to be changed then so be it as I know he cant go home whether he will ever understand or not....
                              Dottie
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

CAT!:goodjob:

:woot: :woot: :woot:

Brilliant and inspiring, buddy. Big hugs to you :l :l

Comment

Working...
                                X