X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello!

Good morning, all!

New Day, I am so glad you are in this with me. I made it through day 1,2 and 3 (with each being its own kind of miracle and with each having its moments where it could easily have gone the other way). I have been eating a lot and consciously trying to let go of things that upset or bother me. It is a new feeling to be not allowing the feelings that I am not loved enough, or liked enough, or supported enough go, go, go. I am focusing instead on two facts: First, even if NO ONE likes me, loves me or supports me, drinking won't change that fact. Also, if I love myself (which I am beginning to believe I do), then it makes no sense for me to drink.

I am sorry that I don't recall names on here well yet. I want to also congratulate the person with 30 days! And, I want to say thank you to the person who posted the snowy photo - gorgeous. And, I again want to thank everyone for their posts. I am picking up so many bits big and small that are helping in my weaker moments. IWhen I have already started my reply, I cannot seem to figure out how to go back to the thread and remind myself of names and who said what so I can reply more help more personally without losing the reply I started.

Anyway, please forgive me and will not give up just because I haven't sorted the technology of all this out yet!

Today, I am tired - so I need to take care on that. Also, a huge trigger for me is SUNDAYS, because Monday is coming and it seems with it all the stress and difficulty dealing with some people and situations that come with the work and school week. I know this. I am trying to focus instead on the people and situations that are pleasant and good for me. They are certainly there too, but I can take one slight from another kid's parent (who "can't" make it to my son's birthday party or whatnot) and focus on that to the point where I feel I need to drink.

This is so strange, trying to tune out the negatives that often drive me to drink. It is so odd that I drank to escape "feeling bad or feeling rejected".

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today MUST be day 1. I need to crawl out of the rabbit hole and take charge of my life...glad u all are here to help me....
      Dottie
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

EmbracingIt;1420655 wrote: Good morning, all!

New Day, I am so glad you are in this with me. I made it through day 1,2 and 3 (with each being its own kind of miracle and with each having its moments where it could easily have gone the other way). I have been eating a lot and consciously trying to let go of things that upset or bother me. It is a new feeling to be not allowing the feelings that I am not loved enough, or liked enough, or supported enough go, go, go. I am focusing instead on two facts: First, even if NO ONE likes me, loves me or supports me, drinking won't change that fact. Also, if I love myself (which I am beginning to believe I do), then it makes no sense for me to drink.

I am sorry that I don't recall names on here well yet. I want to also congratulate the person with 30 days! And, I want to say thank you to the person who posted the snowy photo - gorgeous. And, I again want to thank everyone for their posts. I am picking up so many bits big and small that are helping in my weaker moments. IWhen I have already started my reply, I cannot seem to figure out how to go back to the thread and remind myself of names and who said what so I can reply more help more personally without losing the reply I started.

Anyway, please forgive me and will not give up just because I haven't sorted the technology of all this out yet!

Today, I am tired - so I need to take care on that. Also, a huge trigger for me is SUNDAYS, because Monday is coming and it seems with it all the stress and difficulty dealing with some people and situations that come with the work and school week. I know this. I am trying to focus instead on the people and situations that are pleasant and good for me. They are certainly there too, but I can take one slight from another kid's parent (who "can't" make it to my son's birthday party or whatnot) and focus on that to the point where I feel I need to drink.

This is so strange, trying to tune out the negatives that often drive me to drink. It is so odd that I drank to escape "feeling bad or feeling rejected".
        A little trick that I have started is having a pen and paper beside me when I am reviewing posts. Then when I reply to posts I look really smrt. There is no way we can remember everyone without little cheat tricks. I love that you sound so positive. :thumbs: That will go a long way in the next few days! :goodluck:

The other thing that really helps is SMILEYS! :fart:

Have a great AF day.
        AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanners, you and those smilies! I'm so glad you are finding such joy with them!!
          That snow is beautiful!

Embracing...I'd have never thought that this would be such a journey of getting to know yourself...but it is. Underneath all the layers of crap we have built up is a warm, wonderful, funny person just waiting to get out. The person you thought AL gave you is still in there! I am amazed every day. So glad you are able to verbalize what you are feeling...I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't lived it for myself. You will learn to love and appreciate yourself!
          Also, I navigate back and forth using the left and right arrows in the far, upper left corner of my screen. I can go back and forth pretty well and doublecheck what folks said. We also have a rash of getting timed out and our posts disappearing, THAT'S very frustrating. SOMETIMES, when it happens, immediately right click your mouse and hit 'undo'...that'll get it back.
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks!

Thanks for the tips and encouragement, Nanette!

And, Dottie Bell, I love that you are here and so new, just like me TWO DAYS AGO. Please get through this one for me too. I am completely, completely behind you, thinking about you and cheering you on. I know you can do it. We can do it, together. It is not easy, but it is doable, correct? And, oh, so worth it.

I keep eating if I have a craving. That is helping. The cravings are so strong when they hit, but they have passed, so far.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Embracing It...so far so good.....going to hang close to the nest tonight. I can do this!!!
              Dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Dot Belle! Thinking of you!!! You have so many friends here, I hope you know that. Aren't we lucky to be part of this community? All battling the same thing!
                Strength to you!! All you gotta do, is get thru this day!!!! Hugs...B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I've been missing. Been out 3 evenings on the trot and avoided alcohol. One of them was a Food and Wine Fare! My friend was wine sampling and I managed to decline every drop offered. Can't believe the ignorance of people though. At one stand when I said I didn't drink wine anymore the promoter suggested I just sniff it and didn't HAVE TO drink it. So there was lots of temptation put my way. I'm a lot stronger than I thought. I managed to pick up a few bottles of Spiced Apple Punch which is a lovely alternative to alcohol!

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I hope everybody's doing great tonight...don't worry about addressing everybody or even anybody in the beginning...I was around here a long time before I could stop only worrying about myself teetering on the edge.

I like all the talk of mocktails - they all sound so good....it's hard for me b/c I don't drink soda - there's so much that I steer clear of - that I end up just sticking to my selzer with some lemon. But it would be nice to come up with something a little interesting. It's funny, the longer I go without putting junk into my body, the worse I feel if I do allow a little. i mean, now i really really feel it if I eat something that I haven't been eating - anything processed....in a way, it has complicated things - I don't know what to eat or drink when I'm out!

just rambling....I'll check back later.

lola
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette ....well done you on your official 30 YAY............getting real now eh?

Embracing it ...... Well done, days 3-5 are HARD but you are nearly through it. Remember your life may depend on these days.....hang tough.

Dottie ! .......you have seen the drill, you know what to expect....so as you say stay close

Moni ....awesome job resisting that wine, not many can do that so early on.......keep on trucking.

I HAVE TO SAY WE HAVE A NEST FULL OF VERY BRAVE FOLK. PROUD TO KNOW YOU :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am here reading all I can and trying to stay busy.....
                        Dottie
                        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening nesters.

:new:

Day 1 here. Humbled.

Cat, Allan, RingingCedars, Byrdie, Lav, Lola, Pinecone, Nurdl, Kuya, Slay, Nanette... and the Army... everyone... thank you.

I'm kinda stumped for words. Which may have you all say -

MWO: Thank fuck. That sodden eejit never shuts his fecking mou' up does he? The eejit needs a bar of soap shoved in his gub. Dirty bastard.

But I am (stumped for words, not a dirty bastard).

I hope something cracked for me last night. In a good way.

I hope too, that i can offer support to others as you have all been supporting me. :h

With love,

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

:lRC I am on day 1 as well...WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
                            Dottie
                            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

moni - spiced apple punch sounds delicious! hmmm... I'll have to think through how to make something like that up. Well done on avoiding even a "sniff" lol. It's tough to be that close but you did it! Good on you!
                              :notes:
                              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good to see ya RC.......you have been missed matey!

Comment

Working...
                                X