• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Ooooo RC....senior member, jeez mate you gab more than I do :H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

congrats RC! It's gonna take me forever to get to senior status. I'm going to have to start bothering peeps more.
      :notes:
      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya - bother, bother
        :notes:
        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H:H Nurdl ....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fellow Nesters,

Equallly humbled. Posted all day yesterday, to get through the day. Drank into the wee hours of the morning, (Friday/Saturday) so don't count yesterday (Saturday) as day one. This is my first full day. Still feel pretty shitty. Are we all starting Day 1 again, Dottie and RC? I'm so glad I'm in the company of friends. I'm so glad I'm not the only 'slow learner. I'm proud of all of us that we keep coming back. I would miss each and every one of you if you didn't return. You all add soooo much! We need you.

Ironically, I have such a vivid memory that just before I got my two years of sobriety, I had absolutely given up the fight. I knew without a doubt that I was going to die drunk and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it. I had tried and tried to no avail, for years. I guess it finally came down to the old 'Let Go and Let God' thing. And then things started to happen. Go figure......

Feeling especially low today, in addition to feeling very sick and shaky. Today was my birthday, and I checked in vain for a birthday greeting from my older son, who I just wished a happy birthday to days ago. Nothing, of course. My husband never called either, and I'm still waiting to see if my youngest son, (who just put out $84 $$$$!!! for a bottle of unnecessary cologne), will even come home with a card. I'm not holding my breath. Is this one giant pity party or what? Well, that's the way I am on day one. Just can't help it. Please hand me the box of kleenex. Boooo Hoooo! Maybe a good cry will make me feel better. It's so rare I have one. Usually it's booze, bitterness or both. Anything but crying. Once I get started, I may just short out my computer........
            AF since 12/2/12
            http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Free we are all here together...
              Dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not to be so self absorbed, how are you dealing with all your problems, Dottie. You certainly have way more than your share to deal with. How are things with your Dad. And your 'awsome' job?
                AF since 12/2/12
                http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ah almost free,
                  Dry your eyes and get comfy in the nest ~ happy birthday to you, glad you are here

To the other days one folks, be sure you are firmly planted on the butt velcro & hang in
                  Yes, the ride is bumpy at times but it's not impossible. We are all here to help!

I went to a bridal shower today, some ladies were drinking wine, I didn't care UNTIL I realized the bride- to- be kept putting her glass on the table right under my nose (while she was opening gifts). A half a dozen times I slid the glass away from me because I couldn't stand the smell of the wine. I finally just left, UGH

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
                  Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have not visited day for a few days...dont want to get him upset by not taking him home...it is really upsetting me a lot...job was tolerable. 2 weeks more this year then I am off for 2 weeks....
                    Wanted to go to dads this weekend to look for his military discharge papers but just didnt want to go there...will have to this week to pick up the mail...
                    I think all the stress drove me to the wine box...back to the gym tomorrow so I am hoping a steady exercise plan will help...
                    Thanks for asking..
                    Dottie
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Focus on what you need this week Dottie. Your Dad is in a safe place, right?
                      I know how hard all this is & I also know the wine isn't going to really help you one bit.
                      Take good care of yourself!
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1420797 wrote: :lRC I am on day 1 as well...WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
                        Dottie
                        :l Hey Dottie :l I hope you are looking forward as much as I am to waking up on day 2.

You are so right - we can do this. What's more - we will do it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1420801 wrote: Ooooo RC....senior member, jeez mate you gab more than I do :H:H
                          :H

Yeah right.

:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

ALMOST FREE. I baked you a cake. :day6:

Now everyone sing.

:notes: Happy Birthday to you. :notes: Happy Birthday to you. :notes: Happy Birthday dear Almost Freeeeeeeeeee. :notes: Happy Birthday to you. :notes:

I hope this make you smile. I love birthdays. Attached files [img]/converted_files/1996238=7224-attachment.jpg[/img]
                            AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free;1420813 wrote: Hi Fellow Nesters,

Equallly humbled. Posted all day yesterday, to get through the day. Drank into the wee hours of the morning, (Friday/Saturday) so don't count yesterday (Saturday) as day one. This is my first full day. Still feel pretty shitty. Are we all starting Day 1 again, Dottie and RC? I'm so glad I'm in the company of friends. I'm so glad I'm not the only 'slow learner. I'm proud of all of us that we keep coming back. I would miss each and every one of you if you didn't return. You all add soooo much! We need you.

Ironically, I have such a vivid memory that just before I got my two years of sobriety, I had absolutely given up the fight. I knew without a doubt that I was going to die drunk and there wasn't a damn thing I could do about it. I had tried and tried to no avail, for years. I guess it finally came down to the old 'Let Go and Let God' thing. And then things started to happen. Go figure......

Feeling especially low today, in addition to feeling very sick and shaky. Today was my birthday, and I checked in vain for a birthday greeting from my older son, who I just wished a happy birthday to days ago. Nothing, of course. My husband never called either, and I'm still waiting to see if my youngest son, (who just put out $84 $$$$!!! for a bottle of unnecessary cologne), will even come home with a card. I'm not holding my breath. Is this one giant pity party or what? Well, that's the way I am on day one. Just can't help it. Please hand me the box of kleenex. Boooo Hoooo! Maybe a good cry will make me feel better. It's so rare I have one. Usually it's booze, bitterness or both. Anything but crying. Once I get started, I may just short out my computer........
                              AF - first and foremost HAPPY (a wee bit belated) BUFFDAY chum. Here's a wee card from me on behalf of the nest:

It's a sober chook.

Second - yes, let's do this together. You, me and Dottie - and everyone else out there day 1's.

Hugs atcha!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep RC looking forward to day 2. I am past the witching hour and feeling better...
                                Made grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for dinner....mmmmmmmmmmm
                                Dottie
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X