Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Taking a break from the cleaning...got the living room rearranged...wonder what my g/f will think...hmmm...but at least it doesn't feel the same anymore which is good since my old 'drinking spot' no longer exists. Thanks Kuya...2000 calories...ouch...no wonder nothing fits me anymore...

One of the side effects of cleaning and moving...I have found 8..yes 8...empty 1L bottles that I had 'hidden' to get rid of and quite a few plastic water bottles that never used to contain water of course. Shameful. Oh the lies and deceit that AL leads us to do. But at least I have put them outside, so the people here who make money taking bottles away for recycling will benefit...something good out of that I suppose!

Thank you everyone for your kind comments and support today. I am not sure what is worse..Day 1or Day 2...but there is light at the end of the tunnel...I'll keep trying my best. Ok..now back to distract myself again!

Comment

Newbies Nest

OI PATRICK !

YOU STARTED IT, NANETTE HAS PROBLEMS WITH HER PLUMBING, IS GETTING MEN IN HER BASEMENT AND NEEDS YOU TO EXPLAIN 'FANNUARY'

Over to you, matey :H:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

To all those on days 1, 2, 3, and for anyone thinking when they see me getting congrats on reaching 90 days and think it came easy............... I pulled this post up for you.......it might help you through these early days......I hope so

KY

Quest and Miss tipsy, you keep falling over at day 2 or 3. I assume you know from everyone here that the first seven days are the worst, but of course you don't really KNOW how much better you will feel so there is no incentive to stick it out cos your brain is screaming

DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK DRINK

You read my previous post of 23 years of failed day ones. Sometimes my work meant I would go 2 nights AF and they were sleepless and I felt exhausted but I couldn't understand why they were actually not too bad. Then I would have day 3, promise myself that if I could do 2 nights working I could do a third, fourth, fifth FOR ME. But I never could because I had convinced myself it was too hard, I needed to sleep yadda yadda yadda.

I eventually made myself so sick and tired that I knew I was gonna die if I kept this half a bottle of vodka a day habit going. So I got my son and his girlfriend to move back in, had a big song and dance about it, set up umpteen safety nets and started the first quit of my life.

I started that first week in absolute terror, convinced that by day 3 or 4 or 5 at the latest I was going to be having DTs, hospitalized or a basket case in some way. Those first 5 days were hard, mostly because I was holding my breath , waiting for all hell to break loose.

Truth is by day 5 I felt fine, tired and a little out of body aching but my days were AWESOME I was sober! The feelings some describe as cravings are, IMHO better described as simply your body shedding alcohol. Your brain knows from years of practice that you can reverse this process and stop the pain by drinking alcohol. Your poor brain, the primitive part doesn't know that it will stop in a few days. Your poor alcohol sodden primitive brain only knows how to stop it NOW..... BY DRINKING MORE ALCOHOL.

This is where you ladies are at, the alcohol leaving is causing you fear, no pain just FEAR. This is your battle, to stick it out cos your intellect brain has the benefit of US people telling you it WILL stop.

But you wanna know what hurts most is when I look at my sons who had to grow up watching me suffer and helpless to stop me.......

I HAD JUST WASTED 23 YEARS OF MY FECKING LIFE FOR FEAR OF ONE WEEK OF DISCOMFORT

So ladies ...get back on your horses and start again,Please

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1422019 wrote: OI PATRICK !

YOU STARTED IT, NANETTE HAS PROBLEMS WITH HER PLUMBING, IS GETTING MEN IN HER BASEMENT AND NEEDS YOU TO EXPLAIN 'FANNUARY'

Wonder if she is showing men in her basement her March hair.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters.

Hope you are waking up fine in the nest. Kuya - I mind reading that post when your first posted it. Must have been around the first week or so of me joining. The "Wasting of "insert how many years" of my fecking life for one week of discomfort is so true."

Heading into work early, but doing some early morning reading here.

It's kind of addictive... :H

Be well folks. Speak to you laters.

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1422026 wrote: Wonder if she is showing men in her basement her March hair.
              :H:H:H

Gawd us Brits are crude !

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1422029 wrote: :H:H:H

Gawd us Brits are crude !
                As for men doing the plumbing and April showers...

Sorry folks. I'll get my arse back in the Army. Humour is appalling.

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1422019 wrote: OI PATRICK !

oh god no,we irish are way to catholic for that
                  AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

are ya sure it has nothing to do with Y chromosomes??? :H

Good morning! I read through this earlier but didn't have time to comment....and now that I have time, I've forgotten what I read.

I'll be back.
                    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nanette - I hope you did ok last night!

Andrew – my thoughts are going your way today- you’re doing great – all sounds very normal for what you’re trying to do…keep pushing through and you’ll have moments of it getting easier, very soon.

Hang in Day 4-ers. Now you should be starting to feel better – watch out for the head games to start!
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Having trouble waking up on this sunless day ~ oh well.

The Brit humor is too much for my granny head this morning so I'll just hope you guys are having a good day :H

Tons of work waiting for me & an afternoon stint of watching grandsons again.
                        So I'll wish everyone a wonderful AF Wednesday.

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Wednesday morning!

After a blissful day four, a grumpy day five. Do the w/d symptoms come and go? Donated the "special" glasses I always used for wine, and will replace with pretty tumblers. A lovely morning in store with my precious grandsons, the first since they arrived that I won't be slightly hung over. How much time I've wasted...cheers to all; enjoy the day!

friedabee>free to be!
                          Friedabee is "free to be!"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all (or afternoon to those over the pond). Lavender, it's a grey day here too and now snow flurries are coming down! After such unusually mild days for the past 2!
                            I'm starting day 3 and even though it was a bit tough getting to sleep last night, once I did, I had one of the most restful sleeps I've had in ages! Feeling just fine this morning. So glad I fought thru the voices in my head last evening.

Kuya.....thanks for reposting that message .....I will re read it throughout the day to keep me strong for the 5:00-9:00 pm battle tonight.

Andrew.....good on you for keeping yourself busy.....and getting rid of your "drinking spot" is a very positive thing to do. Keep close and keep reading to gather the strength to not go out for AL. Checking in here frequently has helped me tremendously over the last few days.

Going to start with the Christmas decorations today.....I'm so far behind! My house is usually decorated by dec 1. Haven't started the shopping yet either......I hate it when I don't know what to get anyone.

If they don't give me a list.....they'll just get what I like....LOL!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                              I just love the humor here in the nest...starts my day off right.
                              Day 4 and head games started but I am at work and plan to stop at the gym so I will have NO time to entertain the thoughts...
                              Back to work.
                              Dottie
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Dottie.....you can do it! Will check in later....this site is becoming addictive...must be my addictive personality...LOL! Bt it's a good thing for now.
                                Have a great AF day everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X