Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Patrick;1422254 wrote: I wish :H:H:H
    over this side of the pond fanny refers to (ahem) the front lady bottom so I thought the girls could do a female version of movember,hence Fannuary :H
    Ah, thank you Patrick. It finally makes sense. Our reference is "muffins." Now doesn't that sound ridiculous.
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy;1422361 wrote: Ah, thank you Patrick. It finally makes sense. Our reference is "muffins." Now doesn't that sound ridiculous.
      :H:H We eat muffins over here.

English Muffins...

With butter...

Nom nom nom...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Runners - trailed you over here from the barracks - they are all asleep methinks over there
        Whats's the craic over this neck of the woods ?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great posts today and thank you Slay for the continued insights and references.

What I find true is that you need many different weapons to attack this problem.

I was watching my son play a video game with a soldier doing battle.

He could swap between machine guns, hand guns, knives, hand grenades etc. quitting is just like that.

Over my quit I have used food, TV, chat and posts here, cleaning, crying, sleeping, shopping. Different weapons on different days and moments in a day.

And finally, in the video game, when he was outgunned, out of ammo and overwhelmed .....he either hid or ran.

It is no different with your battle, when all other weapons fail, run or hide....... Get the hell away mentally or physically from the problem that is threatening your sobriety.

New Day......you are anxious about coping when your family comes home, your alcoholic brain is setting you up for failure......this is natural.....this is how you coped before.
          Just remember that if all else fails ....run.....tell hubby you feel unwell and have to go to bed ( this is NOT a lie - you are a recovering alcoholic - you ARE unwell). The family will survive without you for a few hours, a day, even a week if need be.

They will, however, be irreparably damaged if you continue drinking.

KY

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Satzy and RC ...... Ummmmm....fannies and eating English muffins seems to be the current topic......with a little bit of alcohol recovery as a distraction ! :H:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

How are you Ms KY ?? Caused any riots lately :H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

satz123;1422383 wrote: How are you Ms KY ?? Caused any riots lately :H:H
                Do what Satzy?

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1422385 wrote: Do what Satzy?
                  A joke KY
                  Last time we talked you were in the wars over daring to speak out on being an Atheist

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1422385 wrote: Do what Satzy?
                    :busted: :H

yoooo eeeezzzzz aaaaaa twuble maker

Comment

Newbies Nest

satz123;1422389 wrote: A joke KY
                      Last time we talked you were in the wars over daring to speak out on being an Atheist
                      :wow: mg

Or should that be OMNo-feckingG?

Comment

Newbies Nest

satz123;1422389 wrote: A joke KY
                        Is it THAT long Satzy? Much has changed in 3 months, but not that

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh yeah. Me & KY burnt our brassieres we did - chained ourselves to the railings .................. oh no....... er em maybe that was another time & about something else

Who am I ????

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1422392 wrote: :wow: mg

Or should that be OMNo-feckingG?
                            OMNFG.......it ain't catchy RC :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

and staying with the smutty theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbu2KpnwWLU[/video]]Camel Toe Song - YouTube

sorry this was the cleanest vid I could find
                              AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick;1422426 wrote: and staying with the smutty theme

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbu2KpnwWLU[/video]]Camel Toe Song - YouTube
                                OMNFG ...... If they didn't know what we meant yesterday, they will today! TOO FUNNY! :H:H:H:H

Comment

Working...
                                X