Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thanks kuya.....I do need to be aware of things like that.......I'm just in the midst of my witching hour(s) now.....only gets really hard at this time of day. I have my cranberry juice going though!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Still nothing to drink for me. I just have to remember that "I am allergic". I will get dizzy, feel sick, I will talk like my tongue has swollen up, headaches and the guilt.

I am glad we got the whole fanny thing cleared up too. You can teach an old dog new tricks apparently.

I am going to go make myself a good supper and then watch Survivor and maybe to bed early. I think I am getting sick, sore throat etc. I hope no one catches it from me in the nest.

I will check in later and see how everyone is doing.
      AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sidney...and how are you?
        af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Made it to the gym on day 4. 30 minute boot camp and 45 on the treddie....sure hope that helps me sleep...
          Dottie
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mick;1422446 wrote: Sidney...and how are you?
            the best, Bartholomew,the best, and yourself?
            AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Martin.... I'm absolutely normal!!! ahemm
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1422429 wrote: OMNFG ...... If they didn't know what we meant yesterday, they will today! TOO FUNNY! :H:H:H:H
                :H:H:

It IS nice to actually "get" something though...as there is still so much flyin right over my head here...
                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mick;1422452 wrote: Martin.... I'm absolutely normal!!! ahemm
                  !I wish I was :nutso: whats it like?
                  AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette.....I'll be watching Survivor as well......and then off to bed early to read. Having my peppermint tea now. The worst of the cravings are subsiding.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Me too. Good job New Day. I am drinking a calming no name tea and I add some fresh ginger root.

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Day;1422430 wrote: Thanks kuya.....I do need to be aware of things like that.......I'm just in the midst of my witching hour(s) now.....only gets really hard at this time of day. I have my cranberry juice going though!
                        Aren't we blessed that our drinking WAS limited to only certain hours, not all day.

It just proves how much of this battle is only mental, we 'crave' at the 'witching' hour ...... Think about that....... If it was chemical we would crave ALL the time!

It's ALL about attitude after the first week. You don't 'crave' alcohol you just want to suck your alcohol soother.

Realizing the truth removes any delusion that it is still a physical addiction

Comment

Newbies Nest

So true, Kuya! You have a wonderfully logical head. I love it! Let's just put it in perspective and get it right.

So here ya go...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XEaeOxqy_4[/video]]The Yippie-Kai-Yay Mother F'n Video! - YouTube

Well, it seems you are giving me permission to travel here,

"It is no different with your battle, when all other weapons fail, run or hide....... Get the hell away mentally or physically from the problem that is threatening your sobriety."

Cause I'm leavin' on a jet plane
                          Don't know when I'll be back again
                          Oh baby, WHERE SHOULD I GO?!

Jamaica? :banana: heh, heh

You sound great, btw.

Love,

Slay
                          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1422174 wrote: Kuya, your post and repost should be a stiky on the 'Just Starting Out' boards. So true, it wasn't a physical pain like I thought, what was always holding me back was FEAR! I tell you, I wish I could produce a crystal ball of 30 Days fast forward for folks..it's just mindboggling how much clearer and more hopeful we are! It is truly a hole you get into with AL...

Nanette, if the occasional bender was all we did and we could start right back on the horse tomorrow, there'd BE no MWO!!!! If we could control it like that, it'd be no problem! The problem is the 'what the hells' set in and it's not just a drink or two...or a day or two, or even a week or two!! This is a progressive thing...whatever your relationship was the day you quit is as good as it's gonna get. I say, 'as good' ....it can get worse. When you get those thoughts, push them out! Distraction, distraction, distraction! At this stage...it's not that anyone else would know, YOU would know...and it would take you right back to square one. Fighting Day 1 again. Stay the course and you will never regret it. I know you will, but just wanted to reinforce the Zero Tolerance Policy....If you had a bad day yesterday, today will be good. I found I have never had 2 bad days in a row! You and your plant (Stella) are doing great!

Ambrose...congrats on your 100+ days. What brought you back to us? Did you just slip or were you trying to ease back into it? I find all information helpful...we are glad you're here.

Friedabee....your avatar is quite an attention grabber...what the hell is it? eheheheh.....you are doing great!!! At 7 days you get a prize here in the nest.

Everyone is doing a fine job of showing AL the door! If you are in the first 15 minutes or 2 years down the road...we all know what it takes to say NO to Dick Head. Well done everybody!!! Rinse and Repeat! Byrdie
                            Byrdie, am I in trouble? :sofa: Was I a bad girl? You used !!!!'s. :boohoo:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry Nanners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              No yer not in trouble! Just don't want to get stinkin thinkin. I need to watch my approach...less like a bull, more like a lamb. (but I don't want AL to hurt any more of my friends!)
                              Get out from behind the couch....you are doing great! Love you, Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1422598 wrote: Sorry Nanners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                No yer not in trouble! Just don't want to get stinkin thinkin. I need to watch my approach...less like a bull, more like a lamb. (but I don't want AL to hurt any more of my friends!)
                                Get out from behind the couch....you are doing great! Love you, Byrdie
                                I haven't known you long Byrdie 33 days!, however I have learned that you are a very caring person and I knew that your post came from a place of "good" not "evil". LOL I just couldn't resist the opportunity to use the couch smiley. I kinda like it behind the couch, there are no dishes to do there, no vacuuming, no phones, and no laundry. But it is time to come out and get'er dun'.

I am still wondering when I can fit this smiley in... :naughtfeet: Ha Ha Ha, I guess I just did.

Oh ya I rock the smileys.

Comment

Working...
                                X