Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Nanette;1422523 wrote: Byrdie, am I in trouble? :sofa: Was I a bad girl? You used !!!!'s. :boohoo:
    We are all so sensitive in these early days, we are now feeling, not numbing or swallowing back our feelings and sometimes it feels raw and too much.

Byrdie...you are never too bull like. This is not a game it is life and death for many.

If it wasn't .....we wouldn't have googled, lurked, joined and posted.

Counsellors and therapists often act like lambs ...... At X dollars an hour!

We are helping each other, for free......sometimes the words can hurt, but be assured they are spoken from the heart and with love and a desire for your healing.

The longer I live the more cynical I become about people paid to advise ...... It takes incredible honour to heal another as quickly as possible when each hour constitutes income, some are not honorable.

If paying for counseling, follow your gut instincts.....caveat emptor.....'let the buyer beware'.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings you busy Nesters

I am exhausted after two full days of watching my grandsons. Tons of fun but truly exhausting!

I rather like the direct approach when dealing with people, things, problems. AL was never a problem for me until I hit a brick wall in my life's BS department & fell like a ton of bricks straight into a prolonged period of depression. I spent way too many years feeling sorry for myself. I can't change that but I can avoid it now & in the future.....that's my long term goal

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

g'nite Lav
        sleep tight (not really)
        xoxo
        :notes:
        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night, nesters. Patrick, I just have to say if that was the cleanest video you could find, WHAT SITES ARE YOU FREQUENTING?

But really, folks, it's great that we can have fun amidst the drama and not so fun.

I get my best smiles and laughs from here.

Cat
          "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy;1422652 wrote: Good night, nesters. Patrick, I just have to say if that was the cleanest video you could find, WHAT SITES ARE YOU FREQUENTING?

But really, folks, it's great that we can have fun amidst the drama and not so fun.

I get my best smiles and laughs from here.

Cat
            Tis the catholic in im methinks Cat :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1422659 wrote: Tis the catholic in im methinks Cat :H
              Whatchit - ever noticed how there are 2 "RC's" on this site, atheo-girl?!?! :H :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters.

Straight to the point, the most important point, the point that underpins everything else right now...

Boy, is it plain fecking cold outside.

It's minus it's own minus in temperature terms. And my flat is freezin. I've been advised by a veritable RC (not me, the other one) to up my dosage of Vit C. Not only that, I will up it, double it and buy a wooly hat. What's more, if anyone can show me the way to where my neb (nose) can also procure a wooly hat for it's little protruding self, my neb would be very appreciative.

Patrick, I just have to say if that was the cleanest video you could find, WHAT SITES ARE YOU FREQUENTING?
                :H

Cat's onto you, Pat.

We are all so sensitive in these early days, we are now feeling, not numbing or swallowing back our feelings and sometimes it feels raw and too much.

Byrdie...you are never too bull like. This is not a game it is life and death for many.

If it wasn't .....we wouldn't have googled, lurked, joined and posted.

Counsellors and therapists often act like lambs ...... At X dollars an hour!

We are helping each other, for free......sometimes the words can hurt, but be assured they are spoken from the heart and with love and a desire for your healing.

The longer I live the more cynical I become about people paid to advise ...... It takes incredible honour to heal another as quickly as possible when each hour constitutes income, some are not honorable.

If paying for counseling, follow your gut instincts.....caveat emptor.....'let the buyer beware'.
                Kuya - absolutely. Thank you. And let me take this wee moment to say thank you to all of you - there are some individuals and threads here especially who have helped me this past week in ways that are so uplifting, thoughtful, provoking, straight from the hip, or like the proverbial bull in a China shop. It's VERY HUMBLING. I hope I can return the love and kindness in some way and help others also.

And Byrdie - I do like your phrase "rinse and repeat"

Right - enuff of the gooey stuff. Let's get dirty...

I am still wondering where I can fit this smiley in...:naughtfeet: Ha Ha Ha, I guess I just did.
                :H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1422679 wrote: Whatchit - ever noticed how there are 2 "RC's" on this site, atheo-girl?!?! :H :H
                  what's that 'ridiculous clowns' ? Arsey :H:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1422687 wrote: what's that 'ridiculous clowns' ? Arsey :H:H:H
                    :alf:

Rather a clown than a catholic. kuYAAAA

:nutso:

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1422682 wrote:

Kuya - absolutely. Thank you. And let me take this wee moment to say thank you to all of you - there are some individuals and threads here especially who have helped me this past week in ways that are so uplifting, thoughtful, provoking, straight from the hip, or like the proverbial bull in a China shop. It's VERY HUMBLING. I hope I can return the love and kindness in some way and help others also.

:H:H
                      Aaaawww I luvs ya Arsey, even if you are an RC ( you, not the other RC or the RC who's religiously an RC not called RC)

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1422690 wrote: :alf:

Rather a clown than a catholic. kuYAAAA

:nutso:
                        Ha Ha .....Patrick's gonna kick yer butt, nanananana:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick, here's my butt for yer boot:

:moon:

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1422694 wrote: Ha Ha .....Patrick's gonna kick yer butt, nanananana:H
                            actually I 'm a devout athiest since the age of 12 the only part that remains is the eternal guilt
                            AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

If thou presenteth thy posterior again I shall smite it
                              AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

:moon:

Comment

Working...
                                X