Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

RC I could have written your post myself....except for the pint part...I was a wine gal...
    What is so different about day 5???
    Really had to talk myself out of stopping at the deli....work was not good so I bet that didnt hekp either...but I did get to the gym..and trainer gal kicked our butts.....good trainer....
    Dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good on ya Dottie. Nothing like kicking butt at the gym - or with any physical exertion. And i am by no means sporty.

Yeah, day 5. I can't remember what Day 5 was like the last two times. I've written elsewhere how the first AF stint - the 7 weeks - was perhaps done more on the basis of a) it being novel, and b) not REALLY understanding the reasons for the problem and that the problem was really there. The danger as ever is that the longer I was/am AF then the more complacent I could become. The memory fades as to what it was really like. In one way, that is why i am doing the Stella thread - so as I have something to read back on where I am being honest about what I have been thinking and feeling about AL and my negative relationship with it.

But I am looking forward to, and have been very inspired by, those who have many months, and for some a year, or two or three and how they speak about their lives. I got one particularly positive comment today about a young person who is now 6 months sober. 6 months ago they could not see how they could live a young persons life, in a city that is identified with booze, embraces and endorses it, WITHOUT AL. But now, 6 months on... they can, and they do.

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 5 ..... For most people tis the day the last excretion products of alcohol leave. Hence the brain screams for 'normality' I.e. alcohol

The brain is simply a chemical central processing unit, it has been running on the wrong fuel, you have, over time turned your body into a hybrid car. Now you must allow time for it to learn to only run on FOOD again........to return to 'normal'

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1423052 wrote: Day 5 ..... For most people tis the day the last excretion products of alcohol leave. Hence the brain screams for 'normality' I.e. alcohol

The brain is simply a chemical central processing unit, it has been running on the wrong fuel, you have, over time turned your body into a hybrid car. Now you must allow time for it to learn to only run on FOOD again........to return to 'normal'
          I've never been compared to a Toyota Prius before... :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

I want to be a Lexus :H

RC, I know it is hard waiting but each & every day you have sober now gets you closer to that 6 month mark
            That was a difficult concept for me as well. I have never been known to be a patient person but I am learning

Dottie, good to see you hanging in there too!

Kuya, sure hope your weather has settled down. That stuff scares me

Hello & welcome to Adoree & Sunnygirl! Hope you both have had a chance to download the MWO book from the Health store here & a look in the Tool box for ideas to help you make your plans. Stay close to the nest ~ we'll be watching out for you.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1423053 wrote: I've never been compared to a Toyota Prius before... :H
              What only owned by rich pretentious people......thought you taught in a powsh skool? :H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi RC......the nest does seem quiet at the moment. On day 4 here and doing fine. Will see what day 5 brings as I see my brain will have to adjust to only one kind of fuel now.

Dottie.....you are doing so well to keep the gym time on a regular basis. I hope to start back after the holidays ......just too far behind in my preparations right now.

Have a good evening everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi New ......well done on waiting it out

As lav says it is about learning patience ......took years to get here...won't fix overnight!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Kuya.... Yes, I feel my approach this time is different. When I was here 4 years ago, I was of the mind that I was having to deprive myself of wine.....and that didn't last for long. This time I'm trying to take a more positive attitude......something I picked up from reading various posts here......and be happy not to be poisoning myself.
                    I will also be aware of what my body is going through as it adjusts.

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Day;1423080 wrote: Hi Kuya.... Yes, I feel my approach this time is different. When I was here 4 years ago, I was of the mind that I was having to deprive myself of wine.....and that didn't last for long. This time I'm trying to take a more positive attitude......something I picked up from reading various posts here......and be happy not to be poisoning myself.
                      I will also be aware of what my body is going through as it adjusts.
                      Understanding the chemistry really helped me be accepting of the feelings .....as it is said ..knowledge is power

Even now I have a couple of days feeling very flat and irritable for no obvious reason, it is annoying but it is PAWS and after I bounce backand feel better than when it hit......I am repairing but more slowly than at the beginning

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening Fellow Nesters,

Just checking in. Day 5 has been very difficult for me, too. Still sober, but I can't believe that I am still so shaky and exhausted. Can still barely get off the couch. It has never taken this long to bounce back. I have never felt so weak. I wonder if I will ever feel good again.

I had an errand to run yesterday and was so weak, like my legs wouldn't hold me up. I was truly afraid to drive. I thanked God that I made it there and back ok. I had other things I needed to do, and usually I am good about pushing myself, but for once I just did the one thing and came home. I was afraid I might pass out or something.

A lot of hopelessness today. Problems that seem to have no solution. Very demoralized. Ate a little today, took some vitamins, but mainly spent the day drinking lemon water and drinking green tea, hoping to detox faster. Nothing is seeming to help. Just hoping tomorrow is better. So very, very tired of everything.......sorry to be a bummer.....
                        AF since 12/2/12
                        http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Riding out the evening of day 4 AF

Thanks Adoree, Starfish, Kuya, and Lavande. Made it through the day, very productive at work. But as 2pm rolled around I started thinking about Alc again and how I would normally start scheming in my head which store I would go to for my purchase. Don't get me wrong, I do think about Alc 24/7, but my shopping strategy usually starts about 2pm under the guise of "what to make for dinner". Since my husband's been out of town for a few weeks, a friend of mine suggested a personal treat such as a massage, etc. So that's how I switced my mental gears. Looked up a nice spa in the area and made an appointment for a massage on Saturday. Since I've saved so much money these past 4 days not drinking, the massage has practically paid for itself so to speak. I'm excited. My plans for the rest of the eve are: long walk for my dog and I, wash the dishes, wash my face and tuck myself in bed with a new book. I just finished Lit (an alcoholic memoir) by Mary Karr. Very good book. p.s. I only bought FOOD at the grocery store....wow.

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW indeed !

Feels good doesn't it?

Comment

Newbies Nest

SunnyGirl, New Day and Almost Free - you all are doing fantastic! Hang in there the first week is tough but soon you will be feeling soooo much better. You will get into different habits and routines. You will find other things that satisfy you like food that tastes good and beverages to keep you hydrated and refreshed. Get lots of rest and be good to yourself. Get exercise when you feel like you can. We are here for you. Post, post and post some more.
                              ~nurdl
                              :notes:
                              we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Nurdl for your encouragement and kind words.
                                AF since 12/2/12
                                http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Working...
                                X