Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Evening peepers!

Real quick... still have an impromptu b-day celebration ahead of us. It's my son's g/f birthday tomorrow (she'll be leaving some time tomorrow) - and I just found out today that apparently, her birthday has been forgotten for the last 2 years... and when she told her mom today that she wanted to be home tomorrow, her mom asked "Why? Why don't you stay there longer?" How can you forget your child's birthday? Granted, the woman has 5 kids.. but still.... anyways.. just finished baking the cake... waiting for it to cool down a little... and then WE willl celebrate her b-day early. Hrmpfh.

Hope you are all well and had a fabulous AF day!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good "Hrmpfh" Sunni.

I hope you make that little girl the happiest on the planet for a bit. Have a great party!
      Nobody asked for this; we're just stuck cleaning up the mess. -

Comment

Newbies Nest

good for you Sunni - hope she has lovely party with kind folk like you!
        Just a quickie cos I'm going out for lunch - I'm driving the bus again today and want it full of passengers so if you're not on already jump on now.
        Back later, have a good day everyone. Pouring with rain and howling winds here but its warm and cosy on the bus

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI Sooty!

What's for lunch? Can you drive and eat at the same time?
          Can we have plush seats on this bus with reclining back rests?
          I'm with you!
          Chicken

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

The sun is out, it's dry, I think it's gonna be a good one

Sunni - forgetting your kid's birthday? That's really low, what's wrong with that woman? Geez! Good for you stepping up!
            Hi TranqWilly.
            Sooty, enjoy your lunch, toot that horn on the bus. If Chicken gets a plush seat then I want one too, ha ha!

Have a good day all, I'm making more tomato jam this afternoon................
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning, BUStling Nesters!

Ohhhh... let's 'furnish' our bus, shall we?? We have entertainment, don't we? Movies, music, Chippendale's, the likes, right? :H And a mini bar stocked with lots of yummy cold drinks (yeah, yeah, even that god awful diet stuff some of you find actually consumable)! Ohhhhhh... and how about a.... HOT TUB!???? Just a litte one.. 8 people max.. in the back of the bus? :H

Well, we had our little b-day celebration last night... poor girl. She was pretty down and quite embarrassed at first. She's a fairly quiet one to begin with. But she did loosen up a little and we got some laughs out of her. I may try to sit her down for a few minutes before she leaves today. I'm really quite angry with her parents.

Other than that... another busy day in paradise, I suppose. Need to take my son into school for registration and to pick up his schedule at some point today and try to make some money. The summer really hasn't been bad work wise (it usually is VERY quiet) but I'm broke as can be. Ya know... I always thought I'd be pretty much set at this stage in life. *sigh*

And what's on everyone else's agenda today? Sooty... your weather report makes me want to crawl right back to bed! *shudder* :H

Have a great AF day today, nestlings! It's day 19 here!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Lav! Sorry... x-post!

Comment

Newbies Nest

and what about a hostess..to bring us our diet coke and choccies?
                  Sunny-how could you forget chocolate?
                  MY plush seat is going to have giant sunflowers all over it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and a giant sunflower pillow!
                  What will yours be like Lav?
                  Chicken *cackles manically*

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ooooops... my bad. Yes. Chocolate is a must! :H
                    Sunflowers, eh, Chicken??? Fine.. let's be flower children, then! :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Fine Feathered Friends!!! Happy Wednesday to all. We are half way through the week....thank goodness

Coach ~ congrats on your 7 days AF!!! Keep up the great work!!

Tranq ~ sounds like the modding is going well for you. Taking it slow and easy is great. Hope your cold improves :l

Queen ~ WOW...20 days!!! Big congratulations!!! Keep up the great work. I bet you are feeling amazing.

Sunni ~ glad that the b-day party went well. I cannot believe a mother would forget a child's birthday. How horrible. Also, glad to hear that your mom is improving. I will keep her in my thoughts

Lav ~ enjoy your day of sun. What may I ask is tomato jam? I have never heard of that! Sounds yummy!

Sooty ~ how did your lunch go?

PR ~ I know all too well the longer commute. Did 'G' come out of hiding yesterday? I am hoping he will adjust very soon for you. Don't do too much unpacking before starting your marathon days. Get some rest!!!

Well, I hope everyone has a great day. I am off to drink more coffee. We are going to have coffee on this bus aren't we??? :H Talk to you all soon.

Comment

Newbies Nest

There will be plush seats for everyone on the bus. And chocolate and ice cream and a dvd on the screen. I think we should start with the karaoke version of Mamma Mia to put us all in a good mood!
                        Sunni so glad the kid's birthday went well, bless her, I feel angry with her parents too -
                        I had a lovely lunch - great big salad and coffee and good company - wot more cud anyone ask?
                        Rain actually stopped now - hurricane Bill has blown himself out I think ... tomorrow's forecast is better but then who knows - its a bank holiday this weekend so it will probably snow.:H
                        Hope everyone is happy and well. I'm off to buy a lottery ticket now - wish me luck

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Lav is tomato jam sweet or savoury? Sounds fascinating

Comment

Newbies Nest

Best of luck, sooty!!!

Heyyyyyy.... you're a day ahead of us, right??? How about sneaking them numbers off to us? :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

G

Noooo Chicken.....'G' is my cat.....and not just any cat mind you.....he's 'my pride and joy' if you will. We're pretty close for a big guy and a little critter. Anyhow, he did let me sleep a bit last night....just takes time. He's gone through a lot of stuff lately(within minutes of being put to sleep.......then me having to put his brother Titus to sleep 10 months ago).....we'll get through this though.........Chops, begin the Thurs-Sat marathon in the morning, so won't be around much the next few days. Hope all of you have a wonderful weekend.
                              Pops & G

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ouch, PR.. I don't know how you do it
                                Well, we'll be checking in on G while you're out... here's wishing for an uneventful shift! :l

Comment

Working...
                                X