Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Nurdl, feel like a bride back her honeymoon? Now what? A little flat? Lola wrote a beautiful piece on phases...dang it, I shoulda saved it...but if you look at your overall progress, it is going up. It's like that EKG heartbeat thing...it goes up and down but then levels out. It is really a mourning process...letting go of AL....this is all part of it. Tomorrow you will be right as rain (as we say). It's ok to be a little down...it's a dang site better than where we were 2 years ago! Today's lows were yesterdays highs...or something like that...Tomorrow will be a better day. Hugs to you, Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

There once was a nester named Spud...
      Who's poems were nothing but duds,
      Til he met up with Kuya
      and said, 'what's it to ya'
      We'll eat pies and not drink the Buds!
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.....it's been tough getting a chance to pop in today.....always seems to be someone around and I don't want them looking over my shoulder. Got through the toughest part of the witching hours tonight. The cranberry juice & soda in a wine flute is my go to drink for dinner now, followed by a cup of herbal tea. When I asked hubby what he wanted to drink for dinner, I could tell he was doing to ask for a glass of wine, but I think he's caught on that I'm trying to cut back.....I doubt he's considered that I may be going AF....haha! So I could see him rethink that and he said the cranberry juice would be fine.....I breathed a huge sigh of relief because I don't know that I could have poured him and wine and not had one with him.

So I shall wake up tomorrow feeling mighty fine! I'm surprised how well I feel even though getting to sleep has been tough.

Feeling mighty safe in the nest.....thank you all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Day....THAT'S how it's done! One victory at a time! I'm so happy for you...tomorrow you will have such a sense of pride. Don't give up your quit no matter what and no matter who! Way to go!!!! B
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fellow Nesters,

Wrote a long post this morning, thanking all of you, especially those who have sat up at night with me when I needed it, the endless sage advice, thanking everyone by name, then lost it all with the click of the wrong button. Sooo frustrating! Oh, well, too tired to re-do it again. Still so weak. And it's day 6! Never took this long to bounce back!

Made it to the noon AA meeting, but found it very depressing, as the subjects discussed were getting through the holidays, with such factors as alienation from family, death of family members, etc. Such emotional stuff. I found myself more upset than when I got there. All I wanted, as I was getting more and more upset, was to go around the corner and get some wine. But I didn't.

Did make it to the market for a couple of things and got some vitamins. Hope they help.
            Also had a terrible scene with my son, when I got back. Just trying to hang in there and stay sober. Everything is still very emotional and I will do almost anything not to cry. I don't want to look like an idiot, especially since I need to run out for pack of cigs. I'll be back....hope someone is around and posting when I get back. Thank you all for being here. What would I do without you all?
            AF since 12/2/12
            http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free...you will get your color back soon. Wow, Day 7 tomorrow...you will be mooned! Well done for hanging in there...a victory that is hard won is all the sweater! You are having to really work for it this time, I promise it'll be worth it. Get some rest, keep your tummy full, and stay hydrated...you know the drill. Hugs, Byrdie
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Almost free, I had a heck of a time my first 30 day go around. I felt like you in the beginning. There were days I could hardly move. When you have some energy, use is to help yourself get stronger. Use that energy to get to the store and get some good food to eat and stay hydrated. Allow yourself some treats as well. Don't try to cut out anything but the AL right now. Also, try to relax and not fight it. Your body will recover, but the more you worry and try to fight the weakness and fatigue the worse you'll make it by stressing yourself. I think the more times we put ourselves through a quit and start drinking again, the rougher it is on us. My second go around has been different, but in some ways I felt like it was getting harder...slipped easier, too. So hang tough, don't stress and get yourself some food and juices. I need more carbs at first, too. My body needed them for all the energy being expended in detoxing.

Take it easy! You'll get better. :l Fake it, till you make it. It's coming.

Love,

Slay
                Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

HUGS Nurdl. The lows never last and a good cry is a great release. Let it out and get ready for the coming up days.

To all newbies, it's tough, but we are tough TOO!!! More than we often realize.

:l:h:l to all!

Night,

Slay
                  Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you all for being sweet. Need sleep.
                    g'nite
                    :notes:
                    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

New Day, you are so strong and positive. Even a sense of humor! Bless you!

Byrdie, how hard this moon has been. The hardest ever. I can hardlly wait to get it. Thanks for all your support and wisdom.

Slay, you are a veritable encyclopedia of knowledge and wisdom! I always look forward to your posts.

Night Nurdl, and thank you, too.

Night all. Night RC. Bless you all for being here.
                      AF since 12/2/12
                      http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

All - Just have time to check in and see how everyone is doing..and I see some great success stories! It is not easy for me to check in frequently online, but I am always so pleased and happy to see the great comments and wonderful support offered in here. I have been AF since Tuesday (it is now Sat afternoon for me)...strangely enough my mind has gone into overload and I can't even count the number of days! lol..never mind...what is important to me is that I know I can do this and that things will get better. I don't expect miracles, I just expect to keep moving forward.

I still feel like a piece of chewed string...my head is stuffy, my body is (quite rightly) giving me grief for my past transgressions..but I sort of slowly feel like it is getting better. I woke up this morning (ok, it was very late!), but I did not wake up to a rapid heartbeat Sweaty yes (and it is cold here, about 2c), but first time in a long time my heart wasn't pounding away...progress is a wonderful thing...I hope I can keep it up and thank you everyone for your support... And to all of those working hard in the nest...my heart and support goes out to you...it is possible...even if you can just go for a few days like me..it brings a whole new spark of optimism in what you are capable of.

(By the way, after rearranging the living room on Friday, my g/f's comment was...'it's different...does it help?' when I said yes it helps , she just smiled said 'I'm glad' and said nothing else...that made me feel good about what I am trying to do).

Best wishes everyone and don't give up!

Comment

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1423575 wrote: Never did listen to what i was singing in church. Was eyeing up the lassie choristers. And the wine :H

Nighters all.
                          Heathen! :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1423582 wrote: There once was a nester named Spud...
                            Who's poems were nothing but duds,
                            Til he met up with Kuya
                            and said, 'what's it to ya'
                            We'll eat pies and not drink the Buds!
                            RC ...... We have unleashed a monster!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Andrew_CN;1423630 wrote: I don't expect miracles, I just expect to keep moving forward.

I still feel like a piece of chewed string...my head is stuffy, my body is (quite rightly) giving me grief for my past transgressions..but I sort of slowly feel like it is getting better. I woke up this morning (ok, it was very late!), but I did not wake up to a rapid heartbeat Sweaty yes (and it is cold here, about 2c), but first time in a long time my heart wasn't pounding away...progress is a wonderful thing...I hope I can keep it up and thank you everyone for your support... And to all of those working hard in the nest...my heart and support goes out to you...it is possible...even if you can just go for a few days like me..it brings a whole new spark of optimism in what you are capable of.

Best wishes everyone and don't give up!
                              Andrew ...... Firstly I am so glad to see you. I PMed you last night as I hadn't seen you ( I am a bit of a mother hen...sorry)

What you have achieved in a week is miraculous and I hope you are truly proud of yourself. Another couple of days and the alcohol is gone, you are then staring freedom in the face.

This can feel quite scary, most people are afraid of freedom, but it is an amazing thing to win back.

Hang in there, just a few more steps. :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

shontelle;1423637 wrote: Newbie here what's up?
                                Hi Shontelle and welcome to the nest.......wassup for you?

Comment

Working...
                                X