Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Lots of activity here while I was sleeping! Good day to everyone. Another AF day for me is behind me .... and lots more ahead! Does anyone else get "jumpy legs" or restless legs" when trying to get to sleep .... most annoying! I have a tablet, called "Restless Leg Syndrome tabs" .... and I put 2 under my tongue when it starts (every night when I'm AF) .... and they help, but how long does this restlessness usually last for?

Comment

Newbies Nest

We can't wait to see you RC

AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning New Day!

Restless leg syndrome is one thing that I haven't been bothered with but I hear many have.
        Recovery time is different for all of us, something that can't really be predicted
        Just keep taking good care of yourself with plenty of fluids, good food, some exercise & vitamin/mineral supplements. I know it took me a good 6 months to really feel healthier & stronger.
        Patience is key here.
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today's Encouragement...simple!

When you believe you deserve better, you'll start acting like you deserve better! ~Me~

YOU DESERVE BETTER!!!!!
          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav, please send me two dozen of your largest eggs. I need to chuck them at someone.

TIA

Love,

Slay

Edit: Must add Lav's line for today's encouragement. "NOTHING CHANGES IF NOTHING CHANGES!!!"
            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

In regards to the poetry...ummm...aaaaa...

WE DESERVE BETTER!!!!!ROTFL!!!!

Love,

Slay (She has her sword out today. She ain't taken no more sheeeeet!!!)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome New Beginning, congrats! Go to hear from you Andrew, congrats to you, too!

Struggles, been there soooo many times. Just a week ago, in fact. Just waiting for the liquor store to open to go get four, count 'em, four large dark beers, thinking I could nurse those shakes all day and not have to worry about going out again. And then to go in and try to act all perky, like they were for later, like a normal person would buy for after work, not for the hangover and shakes. I was afraid I would drop one in the store and break it. I didn't dare go for wine on an empty stomach, not to mention that is my drink of choice and would have turned into another wine marathon. This week has been so hellish, I'm actually afraid to relapse and have to endure it again. Each one seems to get worse. Just can't go through this again......

We're all with you Struggles. Just get back on the horse. I know some days feel so impossible, like it will never happen. That's where I was a week ago, and yet, here today I'm on day 7. Who'd have thunk? It will happen for you too. Just keep on trying and stay close. We are all here for you. Try to hydrate and feed your body something nourishing. Hugs!
                AF since 12/2/12
                http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats to you, too, New Day, I never had restless leg, more like restless body, otherwise known as the shakes. This is the longest they ever lasted. 'Till Day 7. They are lessening, though, so that's a good sign. Please God, never again.......I don't think I can take another week like this last one. Glad you are here with us. Good luck!
                  AF since 12/2/12
                  http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

So happy to see so many doing so well. Reading your posts has given me strength. On Day 5. I've had to get through some tough cravings, but love the sense of victory when I don't give in.

Decorated the house for the holidays for the first time...probably in my entire adulthood...without AL.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Almost.......congrats on getting to day 7 and glad you are starting to feel better. Maybe you can save your post above to have it handy just to remind yourself of what you went through when the temptation rises. When we are feeling better we tend to forget how bad it really was.

Struggles.....you are in a safe place here....just stay with the Nest and you can feel the support to help you through.

Next, please......wondering how you are......haven't seen your posts lately, but maybe I've just been missing them.....this thread goes fast at times and I can't read through everything sometimes.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay the Fear
                        I'm sorry to hear
                        our poems are not to yer taste.
                        We're just havin' fun
                        at the expense of a pun..
                        It'sa pity our rhymes are a waste......:H:H:H
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Next.....we must have cross posted! Just sent you a PM as well

Comment

Newbies Nest

To all the poets in the nest......I'm enjoying your fun!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav...I'm not weird or anything, but that sure is a pretty chicken! Stella (chook) has never looked better!
                              New Day...I have jumpy legs...but I've had them for years...drinking and now not drinking...I take Senimet for them. Mine are like electrical impulses (like a nerve conduction test) in the middle of the night. I do squats when I get them...that seems to help.
                              I'm so happy for everyone's progress. I feel the same way, I just don't have another quit in me so this one is the one that will stick!
                              Kuya, I got sidetracked by all the beautiful poetry...but wanted to comment on the wine you had sitting on your counter. Isn't that a wonderful feeling? To look at a bottle of AL as a 'thing' and not an obsession??? That's what all this work is for!!! Indifference to it IS the place to be. As long as you stay in the nest, I don't think you'll ever relapse because we absolutely appreciate what it takes to make Day 1 happen. That's why I stick around....(even when there are no rhymes).
                              I'm working on a 'Twas the week before Christmas' piece now..... We could start a poem and everyone cut and paste new lines to it, like Fin's roll call!!!

Twas the week before Christmas
                              and all thru the nest,

Or not. Sorry, I think the rhymes are hilarious, I almost peed my pants!!! Hubs came in and asked why I was crying!!! :H:H:H
                              RC, why do they call you Spud?
                              Stay strong everyone! It IS worth it! Addiction Head sucks! Feeding him keeps him alive....
                              Slay, your daily inspirations are...well, inspirational! Thanks for taking the time to post things like that....you never know what will speak to someone else. Every post matters.
                              Hugs, Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav...cracking pic that is.....not everyone has got a pecker on their head :H:H:H

Byrdie how are you?
                                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                                X