Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

:welcome: To the nest, Blue!

Well, THIS post at least shows up! Please pull up a twig and make yourself at home! There's spring chicks and old tough birds alike in this nest... and we're all here to help and support!
    Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey nestlings - thought I'd jumnp in and say hi!

Wally - can you knit me something pink while you're getting everyone set up here? I'll leave the choosing of my "nest attire" in your capable hands.

Hope everyone has a great weekend - some new faces for me in the nest but I pretty much know most of you - had a good laugh reading this, had to join in the fun!
      Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.
      :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all. I've decided to shred all my diet books and make a lovely comfy lining for the nest. Yay! I read so much about dieting but don't DO any of it. So I'm going for basic common sense, exercise and lots of AF days!
        Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nitey nite , my peeps

Had a weak moment this evening, but did not fall out of the nest. STill fighting this sinus infection and went to the doctor after work, who wrote me a prescription. DAMN! I need a new drugstore--can't get to the pharmacy without passing three aisles of booze. How tempting.

Dropped off the prescription, sat in the chair waiting, then called my "lifeline" to just say talk to me and tell me I am strong! It really helped. I decided I need NOT need to go down aisle seven! when I hung up, the really old lady two chairs down came, said hello and gave me a hug! She said that she was a full blown alcoholic for over thirty years, but has not had anything to drink in almost twenty. (Obviously she was listening, although I did not really say that much and I was whispering).

She told me she was old and alone because she had ruined everything and even after twenty years she is saddened by that. She told me not to wait to long to find out what my priority was. Then her prescription was ready and she left.

It was freaky!But it really made me think. Between that and my phone call, it has been a good night of sobriety.

Comment

Newbies Nest

upnorthgirl, WOW that was a good story about the "old" woman. That gives me something to think about as I am thinking about, "Hey, I have not been drinking for 28 days, I can have a drink. AS I can stop again....NOT!" Bad thinking. Challenging, most challenging. I am so very proud for all the successes I read about, both long and short.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow up north, that is quite a story.........still just kind of going wow......

Glad you had a good night!
              Every day is a day to start over and remember that I am powerless over my addiction. I will no longer give the BEAST any power over me - he can go straight to hell.

Comment

Newbies Nest

That sounds like a very timely encounter. If you believe in Angels, I think you were just touched by one!

Welcome, Blue!
                Dill

Dont forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree - that definitly sounds like something/someone from above was reaching out to you up north..

Comment

Newbies Nest

upnorth,
                    As others have said-wow! Besides your "angel" I thought it was great that you called a friend to help you through. What a great friend. It's amazing how help can come when and where we least expect it. (stay away from aisle 7 for sure!!)

Good morning all fellow nesters: ocean,wally,dill,sunshine,sweet betty hope you all have a great AF day.

Welcome blue. This is a warm and comfy nest.

Universal-stay warm and get rested. Wally should have your pink fuzzies knitted any time now.
                    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

I do believe in angels!

YOu are all right....I had thought that this was a sign from above--the more I think about it the more I am convinced there is no way this old lady could have heard my conversation.

I do believe in angels and for many years believe my late grandmother (we were extremely close) has "visited" me in times of need. Maybe it was her????:wings: I choose to believe it was. Otherwise, it is just tooooo weird!

I have a 3x5 card I carry where I have listed top ten things to do instead of drinking. My therapist had me make it and I have used it a few times. I should use it more! But I do know that I don't want to be old and alone because I chose AL as my favorite companion,.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:l Upnorth

If that had happened to me, I would have totally thought it was my grandmother We were also very very close.

I'm SO happy for you - both, you reaching out to call a friend and for help coming unexpectedly - life works in strange ways sometimes, doesn't it? Thank you for sharing your experience - it probably gave all of us something to think about.

Oh.. and GOOD AFTERNOON nestlings! Sorry... I never even got to turn my computer on this morning (and that's like a near end of the world kinda thing for me)! Last night my step son sliced his hand quite nicely and Mr. Wonderful took him to Emerge around midnight. He's fine, they actually 'glued' it, instead of stitches (shoulda known - I'm sure I still have a glue gun somewhere! :H) but by the time they were back and whatnot, it was probably 2am before we actually went to sleep. So, when the phone rang at 10am this morning... one of the girls I was going riding with saying she was on her way to pick me up... I had to really hustle to pry my eyes open, get some coffee IN and some layers ON me (-22C this morning). So, off I went... and just got back home. My toes and 2 fingers (huh? why only 2?) are still numb but we had lots of fun.

Funny, yesterday AND today, I'm having cravings for a cigarette. Oh well. Ain't gonna happen. I don't smoke. And, I don't drink, either. Instead, I eat everything in sight and will be 200lbs soon :upset: Arrrrgh. Betty, scoot some of those diet shreddings my way, will ya? :H

Anyways... better fly the coop now and get SOME housework done this weekend (as I'm heading to the stable again for my 'regular' day tomorrow) - you little birdies all have a great AF day please and I will chirp at you tomorrow!
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Chicks
                          Just checking in to see how people are doing. BLUE - hope you're getting to grips with it all! UPNORTHGIRL - O.M.G. - what can I SAY? I do believe in Angels and I think that was an Angel looking after you then. One of my favourite films is City of Angels and I do think things happen for a reason and that little old lady was there, collecting her prescription at that particular time for that reason - to give you strength and to make you think. Amazing for you :h
                          And as for you, SUNSHINE - WHAT temperature did you say you went out in?! I don't think I've ever heard of temperatures as low as that - never mind actually going out in them! Still, having a great time is a great way of getting a different perspective on life, if only for a short while.
                          Me, well I got totally pissed on Friday so wasn't feeling proud of myself yesterday at all. Last night went out en famile and was driving so had 2 glasses of wine and then hubbie opened a bottle of white for me when I got home. Only had 1/2 of it so for me that was a result. In days gone by I would have probably looked towards having the whole bottle so only 1/2 I did feel quite proud of myself. If I was on TOPA or another supplement, do you think I'd have stopped with just the 2 glasses?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Day Nestlings
                            Some bad cravings this weekend, but so far so good. I know that my cravings come from boredom and isolation. I spent the whole day out with my sister yesterday, and that was helpful. It is 0 degree F here this morning and I need to go grocery shopping. I hope that my car will start.
                            UNG-What happened to you, I call a "God smack" or a "God shot". It has happened to me before during times of intense cravings. It is pretty amazing when it happens.
                            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sea--a God Smack, I like that.

Photogirl--tell your husband to STOP pouring you wine! he should know you are trying to stop.
                              Tell him if he wants to do something nice, you have a list: back rub, cuddling...clean the toilet, whatever!:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nestlings,
                                God Smack, yeah that's good Sea. Going to add that to my ever lengthing list of engouraging things. (I am keeping one of those. LOL)

Photo girl-does hubby know you're trying to quit? My hubby never really drank very much but he has stopped sense I have. I'm with upnorth-I think hubby should clean the toilet instead!

Hi upnorthgirl-how's it going for you today. I hope it's all good.

Hubby and I are going to a movie this afternoon. A treat sense I haven't been out of the house in a week!

To all the nesters to follow-have a great AF Sunday.
                                AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Working...
                                X