Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1424325 wrote: Nesters! Attention, everyone! Today is a very special day!!! We have 2 folks who have MAJOR milestones today! Kuya and Allankay have achieved 100 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait, we need more than that...we need an award! :finger: The Fickle Finger of Fate Award!!! For telling AL to get the hell out of their lives! I remember when both of them posted for the first time! And now, 100 days later, they are both extending their wings to help others. Well done, you two!!! Well done, indeed!!! Congratulations ....and here's to a lifetime of giving AL the byrd!!! XXOO, Byrdie
    THANK YOU Byrdie for attention to this momentous day. Nesters a new thread is born: "The Fickle Finger thread" for all those who reach triple figures in their fight over AL. Please, will you all say a wee well done to these two wee stars (achully, don't know if they are achully "wee" but...whatever) over here: Fickle Finger thread for Kuya and Allan

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations on 100 days

Way to go Kuya and Allankey..... Awesome!:wave::wave::wave::wave:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi New Day, so glad you made it through last night. Glad you are here posting.

Struggles, I am praying for you. My heart goes out to you. I was where you are just a little over a week ago. Only I couldn't pour out the beer. The withdrawals were just too severe to go cold turkey. I tried to 'nurse' what I had to keep the shakes down. I was told it can be dangerous to go cold turkey, if you are used to a large amount of alcohol. Too bad it's Sunday. I would suggest, if possible, that you could call your doctor or get to an emergency room or clinic to get something to help you get through the withdrawals.

One thing that used to help is lots and lots of water, with fresh lemon squeezed in it. It alkalinizes the body and helps to detox the liver. I also used to have on hand some GABA (the kind that has B6 in it to help it absorb better). This is available at any health food store, if someone could go for you. It's a natural relaxer. That used to help a lot, but the last withdrawal, for me, was so severe, even that didn't help. Praying for you to be able to get through the day. Someone else suggested that having some chicken noodle soup is helpful. Hope something helps. Stay close and let us know how you are doing. Hugs!
        AF since 12/2/12
        http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry, got sidetracked while I was posting my last entry.....so I'd like to also say.......

CONGRATULATIONS TO KUYA AND ALLAN!!!!!! WAY TO GO!!
          AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm still here. shaky as hell and my head feels like its in a fog. I truly think I may still be drunk, can that be possible? Thank you all for your responses. I'm so grumpy and I generally am not like that. I just want to go to bed and sleep and wake up sober, forever, but I can't sleep. I cannot believe I ruined those weeks sober Congrats to all of you for being able to maintain sobriety. I can't believe that just in September I was telling people about my alcohol addiction and I actually helped a woman...she is a teacher...who knew? My head feels like fog and I feel like crap...I may just take some benydryl and go back to sleep. I will keep posting. Just had a bologna and cheese and mustard sandwich....belly full, but I could have had another LOL. What's with the water and lemon? I never did that before. I am so sad I failed this again. But I'm sucking it up, buttercup By the way, the diet coke tastes like ass.....I'd rather have a beer....but still here. Sorry for the long post, but it's the only way to deal with this....I'm a talker...should've been a writer or a dj. I love to talk and yap and yap..as if you can't tell! Again, thank you. Please don't leave me:upset:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all Nesters. It is a beautiful sunny day with a temperature of -32 degrees C, (-21 F) here in my part of Canada. mg

I have been reading everyday but not posting because nothing came to me that seemed like it would be helpful. Today I had a thought. This is for Struggles and anyone else who is in her place or will be.

Struggles. I was wondering if you are doing this alone. You probably are because I know the feeling of not wanting to tell anyone how bad it had gotten because I was embarrassed. Not to mention that if I did want to have a drink they would know. (I obviously wasn't ready at that point) If you broke your leg and couldn't get out of bed for 2 weeks who would you call to come and help you? Who is the person that would just come, you wouldn't even have to ask her. That is the person you need to explain the situation to and ask for help. You might be pleasantly surprised by the response you get.

Have you told anyone about your problem with drinking? This is the other thing that has made this quit different for me. Did I tell everyone? No! There are only a few people in my life that I felt I could trust
              with this information. You let them know that you are telling them because you trust them not to tell everybody. You let them know that you will let people know in your own way and at your own time. The few times I was struggling with taking a drink, knowing that I had to tell them I had made me think twice before I did. I even told my boss! I was signed off by my Doctor for 2 weeks so I chose to tell my boss why. That was a huge step! You might be surprised how many people already knew and didn't want to say anything.

Do you have health care in your neck of the woods?
              I also want to suggest that you go see your Dr. or some type of medical professional. However I realize that not all parts of the world have Health Care like we do here in Canada. We go to the Dr. for free. Our stay in a hospital or medical facility would be covered. I have sick days, so my two weeks off were paid days. Therefore I could do all those things. However, I realize that if you do not have this luxury it could put financial strain on you and your family. It would be easy for me to tell you that your health is worth it, that this is a problem as serious as a broken leg etc. However I also do understand that it doesn't seem like the same.

Well those are my thoughts for today. I hope that they help you in some way. We do not know anyone personally here. However I feel we know each other better than some of our best friends because of what we have in common. The fight against ALCOHOL! :bat
              AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya and Allankay have achieved 100 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to say CONGRATULATIONS!

Kuya and Allankay you rock. You are an inspiration to us all. Your thoughts and advice are usually right on the money. Thank you for being here to cheer us on. :yougo:

Sunnygirl It sounds like you are living up to your name! We are all happy to see you feeling good. :rays:

New Day - I love reading your post. They are reflecting your new outlook and it looks like a good one. :thumbysup:

Lav. Stella (flower) is jealous that you posted such a big picture of Stella (Chook). All kidding aside, that is one beautiful chicken! :bling

Byrd, I hope I don't use up all the smileys. I try to remember to put them back when I am done. :happyheart:

I know there was more I wanted to say but I didn't write down little notes while I was reading so I will have to come back.
                AF Since 11/02/12 :wings::bananacomputer::lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oops, sorry about the size of the chicken picture Nanette. Sometimes I just forget to resize them

Struggles, you've been around MWO for 4.5 yeras. Have you ever actually read the MWO book? If you had you would know why you are feeling so lousy & know the importance of rehydrating yourself.
                  Please download the MWO book & read it today. Honestly, you'll be doing yourself a huge favor.

Greetings New Day & almost free
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you everyone. I am sure that I owe this achievement to all the people on the Newbies Nest.

Without all of you I would have never made it this far.

Thank you for being here! Love each and everyone of you.

Your friend,

ALLAN.
                    AF since 1st Sep 2012
                    NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATULATIONS Allan and Kuya and thank you so much for your contributions to the nest! You are showing all of us how it's done
                      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Struggles,

Hope you can sleep off a part of the day at least. Good thing you ate something. I don't remember when I started with the lemon water, but it seemed to calm down my shakes. Especially when I took it with the GABA. Take it with the lemon water, but on an otherwise empty stomach. Lemon and water re-hydrates, alkalinizes and helps to detox the liver. It always made me feel better. Also do some slow deep breathing, in through the nose, to count of 5, hold for 5, then slowly out through the mouth for count of 10. Just lay quietly with your eyes closed. It also helps to calm everything down and relax you. Check in and let us know how you are doing. Hugs!
                        AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1424325 wrote: Nesters! Attention, everyone! Today is a very special day!!! We have 2 folks who have MAJOR milestones today! Kuya and Allankay have achieved 100 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TA DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait, we need more than that...we need an award! :finger: The Fickle Finger of Fate Award!!! For telling AL to get the hell out of their lives! I remember when both of them posted for the first time! And now, 100 days later, they are both extending their wings to help others. Well done, you two!!! Well done, indeed!!! Congratulations ....and here's to a lifetime of giving AL the byrd!!! XXOO, Byrdie
                          Byrdie, may I first of all thank you for showing the way to me and many, many others.

What you give here is priceless ( which is good cos you don't get paid for it :H:H:H) and I know why you do it.

The pain and fear in some of the newbies posts is palpable and they need someone who has been there to tell them it WILL stop.

You are a dear, dear friend......thank you for showing the way :h

And to all that have posted congrats and think 100 days seems soooo far away, remember Allan and I got here ONE DAY AT A TIME.

YOU CAN do this

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Allan and Kuya!!!

100 Days is a tremendous milestone :clapclap::clapclap::clapclap::clapclap::clapclap:

you inspire us all!!!
                            :disco:

~nurdl
                            :notes:
                            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today's encouragement

KUYA and ALLANKEY have been AF for 100 days!!!! It can be done and look at how happy they both are.

"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

CONGRATS, YOU TWO!!!!

Love,

Slay

:l
                              Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H:H:H

The Fickle Finger of Fate Award! I love it!

:H:H:H

Comment

Working...
                                X