Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi guys,

Back to the nest to visit some old friends. Almost Free, my heart cries for your situation. I think you've received some amazing advice. I just want to add, tell your husband. We all share the trait of trying to carry the world on our shoulders. He has a voice in this eventually, and you will only drive yourself into the ground by shielding your son from his reaction. Can you talk to your husband? Can you first of all ask him to hug you, soothe your disappointment and pain? I just can't see you going on with all this to manage alone.

Rooni and Daisy, good to see you both! Welcome back.

Cat
    "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, you have one crazy nutball family.

Cat
      "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just checking in before bedtime. Been offline for most of the afternoon.

Slay, thanks for the research. Good to know this stuff. Interesting about the video games. He was really into video games before he got back into the pot. Maybe he can use that more and cut back on the pot, especially at his new place. How are you doing, with everything going on with you, and how's that tooth?

Goodnight/good morning, also to RC, Dottie, Lavande, Catbuddy and everyone else. Thank you all so much for your concern and good advice. What a relief it was for me to be able to share what was going on with me! Thank you all for listening. Hugs to all of you!
        AF since 12/2/12
        http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

All -

Well after a few days offline with a rotten cold, I'm back..thanks for the messages everyone, I was feeling pretty rotten. But on Sunday night I had made it through day 5....Monday was day 6...until I had a pretty lousy argument with my ex-wife, made even worse by me coming off feeling ill and also the fact that heavy long distance arguments can be pretty brutal as we all know,

so I caved in Monday afternoon..sigh..but I did get 6 days nearly..and I was starting to feel mentally a little better about things..though physically with a rotten cold I wasn't sure how much was withdrawal or wasn't...but I know waking up this morning feeling sweaty was definitely the result of the alcohol. So yea, I feel annoyed with myself, but I'm going to hop back on again tomorrow. I actually didn't drink much on Monday, much less than I would normally have, but it really affected me and the desire to drink for the sake of drinking just came back and hit me again...wake up call, right?

It is also quite clear that I have a lot of repairing of how I handle and cope with stressful situations and emotional times...Rethinking the way in which you cope with things emotionally is just as important as dealing with the physical, so I need to do a bit of work on that it appears.

Congrats to all those who achieved milestones over the past few days...tales of hope indeed.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Andrew, hop right over to the Tool box. There are millions of better ways to deal with stress, we have to learn them

I have loads of work coming in which is great but I'm taking a few hours off to go meet old friends for lunch. This is always a non-drinking group, they leave me feeling strong & secure!!!

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Tuesday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Almost free. I'm happy if anything helps. :l I wish the whole world would help one another. It would be such a better place. We'll just lock up all the selfish SOBs and make them slaves. :H (Note to self: Write a story about that for therapy during divorce.)

Almost free, I think video games are another epidemic our world has embraced. Very addictive in nature and so popular with the youth. The world has become so complicated that it seems everyone is needing some kind of escape. The marketing profiteers are only too happy to provide those escapes. However, with your son's illness, I can understand where this would be beneficial. I'm sure he feels isolated with this as well. Many of us read a good fiction book to escape. We get to go into another world and it keeps us busy, not bored, and our minds off our problems. Not sure if he likes to read, but the same principle applies with the modern video games.

My going to be X husband has tried to get me to smoke marijuana with him regularly many times. I'm not an angel, I have tried marijuana. I'm the anxiety, paranoid and hallucination girl when it comes to using it. I HATE IT!!! Another example of what a great guy he is trying to get me hooked on it so he can keep smoking it guilt free. He even tried to get me to grow it with him as a business venture. Geeze, the more my mind thinks clearly, the more I want to have a slap fest with myself. (another note to self: the sex isn't that freaking fantastic.) Feeling a bit blah and down this morning over it all...woke that way. No fear, I will be off to my positive thinking shortly and get my head moving in the proper direction.

The tooth extraction site is a problem. The bone and nerves are exposed because it isn't healing right, so I had to injure it again this morning so fresh tissue will form. The human body is amazing. I have an appointment Thursday, so trying to milk it along until then and take the minimum amount of pain medicine to get through it. Of course it isn't helping my down mood or maybe part of it actually. Ok, whinefest over. Got a bit off my chest and time to head for something uplifting.

I hope you have a stress free wonderful day. YOU deserve one. :l

Love,

Slay
              Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today's encouragement

These quotes are as much for me as for everyone else today. Choose one or two to carry with you today.

The difference between can and cannot are only three letters. Three letters that determine your life's direction.

Being positive or negative are habits of thoughts that have a very strong influence on life.

Positive and negative are directions. Which direction do you choose?

When you say, "I can't" and expect the worst, you become weak and unhappy.

When you say "I can", and expect success, you fill yourself with confidence and happiness.

Being resolute, decisive and courageous in small matters and in big ones is being positive.

You can close the windows and darken your room, and you can open the windows and let light in. It is a matter of choice. Your mind is your room. Do you darken it or do you fill it with light?

Positive thinking and negative thinking are attitudes. They are points of view, and show the way people handle their affairs.

Suppose you stand at a crossroads, one way leads to a desert and the other one to lush meadows, which way do you choose?

Do not let circumstances influence your thoughts and moods. By rising over them mentally, you will eventually rise over them materially.

Fill your mind with light, happiness, hope, feelings of security and strength, and soon your life will reflect these qualities.

Positive thinking evokes more energy, more initiative and more happiness.

When you have control over your thoughts, you have control over your life.

When there are difficulties and you feel down, this is the time to visualize, think and expect the positive.

Hang tough today. Alcohol does not produce anything 'positive' in your life. It certainly brings negative consequences.

:ls to all.
                Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Back, Roonie, Daisy and Andrew!!
                  Please buckle yourselves in, firm up your plans and use the help available in the nest. We are here for you.:l

Do WHATEVER you have to do to get thru this day. You all know the tools that are available.

I just glanced up at my calendar and realized that you all COULD have 2 WEEKS of AF living under your belts by the time Christmas gets here! Wouldn't that feel GREAT? You know it would!!!

And look at the alternative. Drinking, feeling lousy, depressed, unorganized and just plain angry at yourself if you stay in the same drinking rut. It is NOT WORTH IT!!!

We love you and want you to celebrate sobriety with us, no matter if you celebrate Christmas or not!

Stick close!

:h Star
                  :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good day Nesters......did a quick read through the past couple of days and I'm so sorry to hear of the trying times many are having. I'm afraid I'm short on time and can't respond to each of you.....but please know that my heart goes out to all.

Slay....that is a wonder post of positive thoughts to hold. I have always been a negative thinker, but I feel myself being more positive as the AF days go on.....and I'm only on day 7! I will keep a line or 2 in my head for today, Thank you for that.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!

Sorry I have been AWOL lately (don't tell Sarge)...I have been busy trying to get a new job. I interviewed for it on Friday, they only interviewed 8 people out of the 120+ that applied for it! Yesterday I sent a follow up Thank You letter (a kiss ass note...lol) to the Police Chief, so I'm hoping that will give me an "edge". The down side is that I will be around even LESS if I get that job...but the good side is that I will be happier and I promise to still check in.

I've missed you all and I know there's no way I can catch up...so I hope everyone is doing well. I'll stick around as much as I can. I hope all the newbies (and oldbies) are hanging in there. I know this time of year is difficult for many, but you CAN do this. Last December 26th I decided I was done drinking...and it turned out I was. I never thought I'd make it this far, but by taking it one day, minute or second at a time...here I am. YOU CAN do it too!

Love to all!

K9
                      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

My apologies....just did a count.....it's only day 6.....felt like 7 I guess....sorry!

Comment

Newbies Nest

So Happy to see you, K9 :l
                          and Good Luck with getting the new job!
                          :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Day;1425286 wrote: My apologies....just did a count.....it's only day 6.....felt like 7 I guess....sorry!
                            6...7...whatever...you're still rockin' it....keep up your GREAT work. You're kickin' some serious AL ass!!
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nesters....gather round please...we have some major doings today! I hope that you will all join me in presenting a very special prize today...you see, it's to a young man who finds his way thru music. It's for someone who charted a course and carefully set about to achieve it. This is indeed uncharted waters for many of us...and today, please help me celebrate Fin's 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Here, my dear, is your hat!!! :goodtime: I couldn't be more proud of you if you were my own kin!!!! (can I interest you in some cats?). I hope you know how much you are loved and respected. WELL DONE, Fin!!!!
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

CONGRATS Fin on 30 AF days :yay:

K9, glad to see you are well. I miss your chirpy little attitude
                                Good luck on the job!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X