Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Pull up a chair, settle on in and read as much as you can and post regularly and often.

Well done on your days, the first week is the hardest so be kind to yourself. Eat well and loads...... Keep full cos most cravings are hunger. Take a look at the toolbox for tips and ideas and make sure you take the Antabuse religiously.

:welcome: to MWO, you have landed in the right place to get your life back

Comment

Newbies Nest

LOL!! I was curious as we've had the short discussion about my past issues with my daughter and her current want to live here again. I was wondering how that was going if he was living with you.

Yeah, pot has that effect. I had a front row seat in this current marriage on the effects in everyday life of someone who is addicted to it. That is first and foremost.

I think I'm going to start weaning myself away from here. I've been spending too much time on the boards lately. It can get a bit addicting...have you noticed? lol Need to get back to trading stocks in the new year and onto some other goals. Stopped doing that for a while because of all the needs of the child I married. Now, that I'm done with that, I need to get my life back together and my heart mended up. This time without gulping down poison.

I hope you get your home issues all wrapped up in good fashion. You've done so well and I really respect you, Kuya.

Love,

Slay
      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Great to see so many checking in here today

K9, wishing you luck with your new job endeavors. Sounds like a good fit for you

Greetings to everyone & welcome to Overit44! Please settle in & make yourself comfortable. Congrats on your 2 days AF ~ great start!

I have been busy which is a good for business but leaves me little time or energy for my own Christmas preparations........same thing every year for me - oh well.

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1426578 wrote: Hello all nesters,

Lovely vibes today!

Slay, my son and his girlfriend actually moved back for a year for my first (quit) it was only going to be six months but they stayed a year. He had hoped it would motivate him to get a job but it didn't. It was fine with them here, in fact, the only low point was when I fell off the wagon and he hit the roof. His reasoning was alcohol is more harmful and I am older and NEED to quit. He doesn't see his pot as a major problem as he still doesn't associate it with his lack of motivation. They have moved out and live near. I see him most days and all is good. He is still unemployed and struggles to live but he survives. I do not carry him any more, if he borrows money it gets repaid the same week. He IS maturing but it is slow because of the pot. He is kind and loving, funny and generous, intelligent and insightful. He has also turned laziness into an art form and should be given a public grant !! :H:H
          KUYA
          Can I let Matt read this?
          :l
          On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
          *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
          https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kradle123;1426611 wrote: KUYA
            Can I let Matt read this?
            :l
            With pleasure Kradle, they can't see the wood for the trees often ...... Sometimes seeing themselves in another helps them get perspective on themselves.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Overit 44, welcome! So glad you are here. Congrats on 2 days alcohol free. Let us get to know you. Hope you will spend some time reading and posting. I'm only on day 12, but glad to be over one of the worst withdrawals I've ever had. I have tried numerous times to quit, gotten some time sober, slipped again and again, but have always kept trying again, no matter what. Hope to 'see' you around. I spend a lot of time in the newbie's nest, where there are many others like me, who just keep getting back on the horse, trying again.
              AF since 12/2/12
              http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

:new: Hi Everyone I've been looking around the last few days trying to figure this site out, it's not the easiest but I'm hoping I'm at the right place to post.
                I quit drinking Dec. 7, 2012 was so proud of myself but tonight had 2 beers makes me so mad at myself in some ways, but I did well for being in a bar and everyone was drinking around me. I finally broke and had the two but what blew me away is we came home and I did not drink any more which that alone blew me away cause my husband and I drink at home most all the time. Tonight tho I didn't drink yes I had a little talk with myself and no I don't want to go back to the way I was never ever but believe me I don't want to test those waters again. So I'm back on AF (boy that took me days to figure out what that meant)
                I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and hope that I can learn and help others and you can help me through all of this. AF isn't just a switch we pull and we are cured dang I wish it was. I just wanted to stop and say hi and hope that we can all be here for one another. :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Missy, and Welcome. Few of us have succeeded on the first try. I have endless day ones. I am only on day 12 today. Good thing you were able to moderate so well when you did slip and you got back on the wagon right away. Hopefully you won't have to go through the hellish withdrawals that come with an extended bender. So glad you are here with us. Looking forward to getting to know you.
                  AF since 12/2/12
                  http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Missy and Overit, as Kuya said, pull up a pew and settle yourself in. Read and post often. And if you see a post by Byrdie or Star, they have the Toolbox in the signatures - click it to take you there. Much good advice to be had.

Morning you other nesters. Dottie (like the new avatar), Almost - here we are, Day 13. And it happens to be a Friday! :H I hope you both have a good day and evening whatever you do.

I'm off to Edinburgh to see a crimbo show this morning, then flying back to do my examUnAshun this afternoon. Done by 5pm. The I'm gonna rest, put me feet up and look forward a little bit more to the holidays.

What are peeps plans for the weekend?

Take care y'all.

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi to you Missy and :welcome: to the nest.

Yeah it took me a few hours to figure out how the board works...... Keep playing ...you won't break anything.

Try and get yourself AF for 30 days.....it allows healing and time to really assess yourself. You won't regret it, honest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, I am pleased to say this is six Weeks AF for me. Thank you all so much. I don't post often, but read every day. Only have a phone, keyboard a little squeezy to use... Moderation is impossible long term. I love waking fresh,no worries about DUI the day after, no random embarrassing behaviour. There is only one thing I love more than a creamy bubbly glass of champagne... That is no hangover! Don't get me wrong, the demon summons me, but in the true light of day, moderation is a mind game we play with ourself. We are different, having no off button is a bugger. But, if you haven't got one, well, take it in your stride. There is a positive aspect of this disease... At least it is curable.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Shezzie;1426801 wrote: Hi all, I am pleased to say this is six Weeks AF for me. Thank you all so much. I don't post often, but read every day. Only have a phone, keyboard a little squeezy to use... Moderation is impossible long term. I love waking fresh,no worries about DUI the day after, no random embarrassing behaviour. There is only one thing I love more than a creamy bubbly glass of champagne... That is no hangover! Don't get me wrong, the demon summons me, but in the true light of day, moderation is a mind game we play with ourself. We are different, having no off button is a bugger. But, if you haven't got one, well, take it in your stride. There is a positive aspect of this disease... At least it is curable.
                          OMFNG! You quietly determined soul. SIX WEEKS SOBER AND NOT A WORD!

Well bloody done you girl

You must be over the moon. Just keep ignoring the voice......it is bullshit, there isn't a drink, there is only a thousand drinks and feck that.

I am stoked for you Shezzie....... Keep on trucking :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

A big CONGRATS to yuo Shezzie!!!!
                            Keep up the great work

Hello & welcome Missy! What's your plan?

Very frosty here this morning but the sun is coming up. I have work, watching my grandkids, gift wrapping & cookie baking to keep me busy today & tomorrow. That's my plan

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                              Chilly here in Ohio. But the sun is shining and things are good. This is my last day at work for this year. I am off until Jan 2. WooHoo...Lots and lots to do. Need to get our house in order and go to my dads and bring some things home to sort through. This is why I need to clean our house first....no room at the moment...Lucky day 13 WooHoo....
                              Dottie
                              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Missy, Overit, and Shezzie......congratulations Shezzie and your 6 weeks.....I'm just starting day 8.....a record for me over the last 15 or 20 years. Over it and Missy....good for you for arriving here with the desire to quit. I guess there are a lot of us in this world who didn't get a working "off switch"!

Dottie.....the weather here is the same as yours.....lets hope the sunshine sticks around......good for the spirit, isn't it.

Ill check in later......as you all know, I need to before my witching hour starts. There will be more temptation over the next couple of evenings.....the kids and grandson are going to visit the other grandparents......so my daughter won't be here "watching me".

See you later!

Comment

Working...
                                X