Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thank you Byrdie! A thread like that is just what I need. So tired of waking up to the GSR brothers (great term!). I feel like I may be trying to quit drinking at the hardest time. There's going to be so much temptation. But it's also the best time for me to quit as well. It's my son's 2nd Christmas and I want it to be the best ever for my family. They don't get the best of me when I'm drinking, drunk or hungover. I need to remember that!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am heading out. going to stop and get my dirty car washed.
      Will check back in later.
      Dottie
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Munro...there ain't no good time to quit...there's always something...a month with a holiday...a week with a Friday...a day with 5 o'clock in it...so just take that leap of faith and start. We will ALL be right beside you, holding on to our quits one 'NO' at a time!! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Munroe-that was me. "Tonight it's football, tomorrow it hubs b-day, Wed-I might as well, Thurs-football, Fri-Sat-it's Fri-Sat, Sun-I'll start tomorrow." and tomorrow never came. I don't know how you can do it without a specific plan though. Gosh-I wish you the best!

Thanks for all the encouragement Byrd.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Anybody online over here?
            AF since 12/2/12
            http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm here.

Just took my AB for the day and feeling strong!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Overit, never took any meds, just the vitamins and supplements. Feeling pretty panicky today.
                Had so much energy yesterday and the day before. After an exhausting 8-9 days of withdrawal. The worst ever. Was so glad to have some energy and get something done.

Today, I have a lot to do but feel drained. A lot of it is stress and dread from the upcoming move, fighting against taking a drink and just plain tiredness from all the running around for the last 2 days. Just not bouncing back like I used to........
                AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

I wouldn't be able to do it without these meds, I think. They were my last hope. Are you even going to AA or anything? Just using Willpower? You've got more strength than you know, that's for sure.

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Almost ....I am......just got back from an afternoon running my MIL around town doing her errands. Walked in the door and said to my husband "I need a drink!" He's now had to go over and help her with the rest of the errands......I had had enough and also had to deliver some soup I made for a sick friend.
                    I am so ready to see if I can have just a couple of drinks, but I know it's probably a bad idea. I KNOW that....BUT I so much want that wine!!!!

I just had some kudzu and some l-glut and will give that a bit of time to see if the craving fades.

Then I think of you Almost.....and feel ashamed that I'm tempted so easily while you are going through so much more stress and staying AF. How are you doing right now?

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Day;1427058 wrote: Hi Almost ....I am......just got back from an afternoon running my MIL around town doing her errands. Walked in the door and said to my husband "I need a drink!" He's now had to go over and help her with the rest of the errands......I had had enough and also had to deliver some soup I made for a sick friend.
                      I am so ready to see if I can have just a couple of drinks, but I know it's probably a bad idea. I KNOW that....BUT I so much want that wine!!!!

I just had some kudzu and some l-glut and will give that a bit of time to see if the craving fades.

Then I think of you Almost.....and feel ashamed that I'm tempted so easily while you are going through so much more stress and staying AF. How are you doing right now?
                      Don't drink tonight New Day........or if you do remember that Day 1 ALWAYS feels as bad and often WORSE than the last Day 1. You will be setting yourself up for a habit of slipping that will get more frequent...... Say NO to the spoilt little child that is having a tantrum and demanding alcohol. YOU are the adult, NOT that voice.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Overit and New Day,

I have been attending a couple of ladies noon AA meetings (Wed & Fri) but skipped today, because I didn't have the energy and the last two meetings made me more depressed, with the subjects being holidays and family alienation, coping with relatives who have passed, and not having them with us for the holidays. I also thought I was going to break down and have a good cry.

New Day, if it hadn't been for the most hellish withdrawal I've ever gone through and fear that I won't be able to do what I have to do for the next couple of days, I would have easily had a drink.
                        Believe me, I've gone out a hundred times, sometimes with no 'excuse' at all, except I really wanted some wine. I've gone out for good reasons and no reasons. ......such is the disease.....
                        AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree with Kuya, it's frightening to establish a 'pattern' of slipping. I have been emeshed in it for years. I can certainly confirm that each withdrawal has been worse. Every Day one gets worse.
                          AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Almost Free......same to you.....WHATEVER the outcome of today, drinking will only make it WORSE.

We have spoken before about crying .....time to cry methinks or scream or carefully chuck something and smash it (very cathartic !)

Do whatever but DON'T DRINK ALCOHOL!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am trying to ignore the AL voice.......will read some more and check in again. Thanks Kuya...I'll give it my best. I'd really prefer day 10 tomorrow instead of day 1.

Comment

Newbies Nest

New Day;1427068 wrote: I am trying to ignore the AL voice.......will read some more and check in again. Thanks Kuya...I'll give it my best. I'd really prefer day 10 tomorrow instead of day 1.
                                EAT

Comment

Working...
                                X