• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Thank you too Almost....we were cross posting

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, how many times I've seen people posting to roll call with the same date I originally started with on here. Why couldn't I have stuck it out like them? After several starts and slips, I'm on day 13. I did 10 days, then 6, then 10 again. Then a horrible 4 day bender, without eating, that left me shaking and sick for over a week.

I can't drink today, It would be a disaster. I want to cry, but I have to go out and unload stuff from the car and go to the building's laundry room. I don't want to do it with red eyes. I frankly would just like to start wailing, I'm so sad and frustrated. I'm a bit afraid when the move is all over and I come home to an empty house tomorrow night, I'm really going to feel like a drink. I will try to opt for the good cry instead. Been through soooo much lately, so, so tired and depressed.
      AF since 12/2/12
      http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, EAT A LOT!
        New Day...have you tried moderating before? If you get right down to it, isn't that what we all tried to do before it came down for searching for online help? Trust me, your relationship with AL 10 days ago is as good as it's gonna get...and it can get worse. Dig your heels in and don't get in no matter what and no matter who. It will never get any easier than it is right now....stay strong, tomorrow you will be so glad you did....B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost,what supps are you using?if you dont mind
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free;1427075 wrote: Yes, how many times I've seen people posting to roll call with the same date I originally started with on here. Why couldn't I have stuck it out like them? After several starts and slips, I'm on day 13. I did 10 days, then 6, then 10 again. Then a horrible 4 day bender, without eating, that left me shaking and sick for over a week.

I can't drink today, It would be a disaster. I want to cry, but I have to go out and unload stuff from the car and go to the building's laundry room. I don't want to do it with red eyes. I frankly would just like to start wailing, I'm so sad and frustrated. I'm a bit afraid when the move is all over and I come home to an empty house tomorrow night, I'm really going to feel like a drink. I will try to opt for the good cry instead. Been through soooo much lately, so, so tired and depressed.
            No wonder the day was so bad if you did not eat!

Almost Free....I am not one for platitudes and this may sound harsh but so be it.....

You don't eat, you won't cry........ Is it any surprise you want to drink?

You are not a machine that can control everything ........ FFS rejoin the human race ( meant in the nicest possible way)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Pauly,

I take l-glut, a multivitamin, a green organic drink, extra B complex. I used to do a lot more, but am out of a lot of them right now. Did (combination amino acids, l-tryptophan, omega-3, melatonin in addition to the others above. A couple more, I think, can't remember right now.....

Byrdie, that is one I want to remember: the way it was 13 days ago is as good as it's going to get with AL. That just makes me shudder! I don't think I can go through another week like the last one. Thank God I got some energy back the last couple of days. None today, but still hoping. I think I need to eat something. Got so much to get through in the next couple of days. Drinking would make it a disaster. It's when I get home to the empty house when it's all over that worries me.........
              AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

almost free we are here for u...
                Dottie
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Almost, I can't promise I wil lcheck in on the weekends but I do hope that you know I will be thinking of you. Stay strong!, please. Just think of how proud you will be of yourself when you get through this to the other side.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know, Kuya, you are 100% right. I really want to cry today, but I have to unload the car, tons of stuff and do laundry. I am too embarrassed to go out with red eyes. You can be sure I will run into every person in this building, just because I'm trying to avoid them. It's weird how that happens. Can't seem to make myself leave this board yet, to do anything. So panicky, it has sapped my strength.
                    AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, almost, this is where your PLAN comes into play. You know that you are going to have a pity party when you go home, so grab some stuff that you enjoy/love...set yourself up to succeed! Invite someone over or go to a movie...yes, you can go alone if you need to, just do something to help the situation and not get set up for a mental pile on! If you see it coming...can you do something to help it? Easy for me to say...it's hard to get the whole picture, but I do know one thing...drinking ain't gonna improve a dam thing....(you can trust me on that one...I tried) B
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

seems like the aminos help me alot,tried l glut swore i was gonna have a seizure or stroke,i wish i could take it everyone says it helps alot,but truthfully id probly still find excuses to drink sometimes,i hate this
                        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Dottie, Overit, Pauly, Kuya, Byrdie and New Day. Hope I didn't forget anybody by name. If I scroll back a page, I lose my post. Happens all the time. Thanks so much for being here. I'm so much more emotional than I ever thought I would be about the youngest moving out, especially given his substance and mental issues. So discouraged, too. And fearful. And tired.
                          AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes, almost, but you are SOBER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! As your name states, you are breaking this awful way of life.
                            I don't know if this will work for you, but I try to push negative/bad thoughts out and try replacing them with things I'm grateful for...stuff others don't have that I do!
                            Tonight, that shouldn't be difficult with that school shooting. When your son comes in, I hope you give him an extra hug....tomorrow isn't promised to anyone. You gotta enjoy what you have on THIS day! b
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Here, Here Byrd. You are so wise! Thank you.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, you are right. I was planning to come home and let myself have a good long cry. It's something I rarely do, so it will really be a release. I already feel teary just thinking about tomorrow. I'm also going to get something I enjoy, to eat. Don't really want to start over again......don't think I could take it again.

Pauly, the amino acids are highly recommended by Joan Larson "Seven Weeks to Sobriety' and others who take a biochemical/nutritional approach. I believe the combination aminos also have some l-glut, but not as much as a separate supplement. I read that people who are allergic to MSG, should be careful of taking glutamine. Cutting out sugar, junk food, etc. helped a lot, too.
                                AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Working...
                                X