Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Stopped on the way home to get my car washed and the line was very long...but I waited and my car looks marvelous....gave the fellow a nice tip. I tend to be more generous this time of year and the fact that I still have a job....
    This tragedy in Connecticut is just horrid and I hate watching the TV...may have to change to HGTV or something mindless...
    Glad to be off work and going to make the most of the next 2 weeks.
    Dottie
    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie,

Even though he has made my life so miserable for the last few years, I'm still going to miss him and that's what makes me want to cry. And that maybe he's not going to be ok. Unfortunately, he is very hostile, because of begging him not to ruin everything for himself with the pot. Last time I tried to hug him, he drew back in disgust. (I wasn't drinking at the time). Don't think I could take another blow like that today.
      AF since 12/2/12
      http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Not to sound like a freaking goody 2 shoes...but I also try and put myself into the service of others. I'm not rich by any stretch, but today at the Chinese buffet, I paid for the guy seated next to me. I heard him tell someone that he had 5 kids all under 5. (the twins were a surprise). While he was up getting dessert, I got his check and paid it. When I got up to leave, I wished him a Merry Christmas, and told him his lunch was on me. His jaw dropped. It was worth $7. Made my day, and I bet it made his, too. We are all fighting battles of some sort....b
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way back when when I was unemployed the person in the car in front of me at the drive through paid for my lunch...I can not tell you how it made me feel...cried in my car....little random acts of kindness are what restores my faith in man/woman kind....
          Dot
          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

that was really nice byrdie
            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Celebrating my 30 days with a glass of wine (non-alcoholic wine)

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1427101 wrote: Not to sound like a freaking goody 2 shoes...but I also try and put myself into the service of others. I'm not rich by any stretch, but today at the Chinese buffet, I paid for the guy seated next to me. I heard him tell someone that he had 5 kids all under 5. (the twins were a surprise). While he was up getting dessert, I got his check and paid it. When I got up to leave, I wished him a Merry Christmas, and told him his lunch was on me. His jaw dropped. It was worth $7. Made my day, and I bet it made his, too. We are all fighting battles of some sort....b
                Reckon we should start a thread called "Random Acts of Kindness" just as a wee motivation to do things just as Byrdie did - and does. What goes around, comes around and all that.

Be good (as Fin would say)

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

moni;1427114 wrote: Celebrating my 30 days with a glass of wine (non-alcoholic wine)
                  WELL DONE MONI!!! :woot:

I'm looking forward to joining you there!

Comment

Newbies Nest

WooHoo MONI!!!!!!!!!!!! WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Dot
                    Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

That was really nice Byrdie. I still remember some small kindnesses I received, even though they happened many years ago. I love doing stuff like that for others. My favorite fairy tale was always the 'Elves and the Shoemaker'. Haven't had much time or money, where I am right now, but always try to put a little something in the homeless persons hat. That's how they do it here.

I am a news junkie, but I have not even had the tv on for the last two days. I'm trying to run around and get all the basic things my son is going to need to get set up in his new room. He has nothing and has never lived on his own. Needed to make arrangements for delivery of the bed, etc. He is absolutely not up to it in his condition. And he has been working the last couple of days.

He is off on Saturday, tomorrow, which is moving day. Can't believe how emotional it all is for me. How much I wanted to hug him last night and other nights, but he always recoils. Don't know why. I have been there for him through everything, but I think he just sees me as a nag, because I am so fearful he is going to lose his job and his place, since he graduated to the new stronger pot. Every doctor has said this could trigger another episode of psychosis.

I'm afraid of a relapse. And I just discovered, when I went to collect his laundry, that he had dumped his niacin pills in the trash. These are critical for him, since he isn't on the meds. If he loses his job and room, he will be on the street. They tell me that the each 'episode' causes more brain damage. And he was almost back to normal after eight months of diligent care. Then the pot started with the first paycheck.

My husband will not support him anymore, when he is spending hundreds on pot and he wants me to give notice here on Jan 1st and come back home.......So terrified of what is going to happen. My son simply will not give up the pot and is extremelly hostile when I bring it up. But, you've all heard this before. Sorry to go on and on.......
                      AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

I really can't believe I've made it this far. And it's motivated me to keep going on the same road. There's been good days, there's been bad days but definitely more good days than I had prior to these 30 days

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry, was busy posting and got behind the other posts.......Congratulations Moni! Way to go, 30 days ! Good for you!
                          AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

MONI. AWESOME WORK ON 30 DAYS ........ BE SO VERY PROUD OF YOURSELF

now have a good day, be aware you may feel a little flat tho (Allan AND I did). Have a cry of relief cos 30 days changes your body and habits.

Then head down and soldier on.....it gets easier from here :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Kuya, I did feel very low today actually. It was building up all week. Since my episode (as I call it) a month ago I see a counsellor once a week. When I met with her today I told her I was very aggitated and in very bad form. I didn't want a drink, wasn't even thinking about it - just very very low.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well Moni, at least you know it is par for the course and funnily you don't crave alcohol just feel disconnected and irritable. It goes though, big healing is happening

Comment

Working...
                                X