Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning Dottie and Byrdie. Hope you all have a great day. You too, Lavande. I'm just going to try to get through the day.......please send a few good thoughts and prayers my way. Hugs to all of you.
    AF since 12/2/12
    http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Irie, in the tradition of the Newbies Nest, anyone accomplishing the great feat of going a stretch of 7 days, Alcohol Free is awarded a prize of a full moon!:moon:
      Did you know that?

Yes ma'am, you have conquered every day of the week and there is nothing that old beast AL can throw at you now that you can't handle.

We are so proud of you!
      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Woot!! Woot! Irie, you slid that one in on us! Well done on your 7 days of kicking AL's arse! So happy for you! B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello fellow Nesters.....quiet around here....everyone is busy with Christmas preparations I guess.....that's what I've been up to.....or trying to get some wrapping done.....too many interruptions though. Not getting a lot accomplished.
          "Almost"......still holding good thoughts for you and your son today. Hope all goes well for you both.

Irie.....CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! Well done on your first 7 days.

I'll be back later. Day 10 here.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Irie! Well done!

New Day,

Thanks so much. It means a lot! I'm such a nervous wreck today. The guy is coming in 15 minutes to pick up the bed and take it over, and my son is still in the shower! Like pulling teeth to get him moving. Trying not to convey the extreme nervousnous I feel. Hate pressure. I'm always early to things and hate last minute stuff. Grrrrrrrr!
            AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

I signed up for some yoga classes...place is 5 minutes away...thought it might help me relax and they have a gal who does massage...that might help too.
              Had a dream last night and my mother was there with my dad...she has been dead almost 4 years....I need to turn off my darn mind so I am really hoping the yoga and the hypnosis tapes will help...one class has meditation too...whatever I can do....
              Dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Wow Dottie, sign me up too - all that sounds great & should do the trick

Almost, hope your day has gone as well as possible. Lots of deep breaths, right?

Irie, congrats on 7 AF days, great!

Greetings New Day, Brydie, Starfish & everyone!
                I have had a long & very full day with grandkids, chickens, the whole nine yards :H

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!
                Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening All. Dottie, I think you'll probably love the yoga. I want to get back to my class after the new year. It feels wonderful. You might have to try a couple of different classes to find one that is right for you though. Each instructor is different and there are many different types of yoga classes being done now.

Lavande....I hope you are resting now after a busy day. How old are your grand kids?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everybody,

Well, the morning started off pretty badly, could NOT get my son up,(nag, nag, nag) had to delay everything to a little later than we planned, re-coordinating with the people he is moving in with, the delivery guy Then he told me that the guy he is renting the room from said he didn't have keys for him yet. Wait a minute. I THINK when you give someone a check, they are supposed to have keys for you. So that caused a bit of a problem. Didn't want to get off on the wrong foot by saying, hey, no keys, no check. But hey, come on! Are we supposed to call and coordinate with them for each trip we make, moving in? And the delivery guy was already on his way when I found this out.

Well, the guy did have the keys by the time we got there, the bed, etc. got delivered and set up. Then my son asked if me if it's ok to move everything else in tomorrow, since he has tomorrow off. Sure, no problem. Let's make this gradual and easy. Spent the day out getting a few more things, getting an extra set of keys made, just in case he loses them (has happened before).

Things didn't work out the way I expected, but that's ok. We will finish tomorrow. Feeling pretty good tonight, having my tea and actually enjoying it. Not craving anything tonight. And I thought I would be sitting here weeping my eyes out tonight, struggling not to have a drink. All of those good thoughts and prayers must have helped. Hope tomorrow goes as smoothly. Keep those good thoughts and prayers coming, at least for another day. They really seem to have made a difference! Thanks and hugs to everyone! Hope everyone has a great nights sleep and a great tomorrow.
                    AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all! Never thought I'd be in bed at 10 pm on a Saturday night, but here I am. Looking forward to a productive and hangover free Sunday. It will be the first for me in a long time. How's everyone doing?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Munro, glad to hear you are doing so well!

Hi to New Day, Dottie, Lavande, too.

Thanks everybody........you can read my last post, as to how things went today.
                        AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Almost,

So glad you got through today okay and without cravings.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Me, too! Hope tomorrow goes smoothly......You sound great tonight, Munro. My husband is going to be calling me to see how it went today. Should be any minute now, so if stop posting for a bit, that's why.
                            AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm feeling pretty good. Had a tough night sleeping last night, Tossed and turned a lot. Think I'll sleep better tonight.

I hope tomorrow goes smooth for you as well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

At least tomorrow, we don't have the pressure of having to coordinate with a delivery person and he has his own keys now, so we don't have to coordinate with the people he's renting the room from, either. We'll just do it at our own pace. I don't even have to haul anything. I will be staying in the car, reading a book, because he is embarrassed to have it look like his mom is helping him to move. Whatever........No problemo.
                                AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Working...
                                X