Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Y'know something Nanette - I wis just thinking about you today and how we hadn't heard from you in a few days and, lo and behold, i checks on line and here you are!

SO good to see how well Stella (Flower) is doing, she is one fine and pretty red head for sure

Slay - that's a harsh weekend you've had. I am thinking of you. :l

Almost - thinking of you too and maybe Nan's thoughts about "not stating the obvious" might help in some way? :l to you too.

Byrdie - yer a wise wan, ain'tcha?! See so many Sattidy nights I cannae mind, not because i was drunk necessarily, but just because they were just another day. Anyways the last place i want to be on a Sattidy night right now is a bar in Stirberia.

Gonna eat...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1427827 wrote: Roonie!!! Congratulations on Day 7!!!! You yourself are doing some serious beast kicking and we are all so proud of you!! You are showing the beast and everyone else just how it's done. The Nebies nest owes you a full moon Roonie, but my home computer is not cooperating. May I please have a stand in mooner so Roonie can be properly awarded??
      Thanks and congrats again, Roonie!!!

P.S. I hope Santa brings me a new computer for Christmas!
      Thank you, Starfish! I am feeling very positive today. It gives me tingles (or should I say jingles) to think about my first sober Christmas since I was a kid. I have so much to do!

You guys are the greatest :-)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rooni, in the absence of Star's Moons....please accept this small token of a BIG job! Here, dear lady, is your MOON! :damn: I can't find the moon icon! Let me look again....:moon: Whew, there it is!!! Well done on 7 days of showing AL who is in charge. 7 first days of a Plan laid in place....here's to a clear path to your 30 day hat!!! Keep up the great work! B
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1427827 wrote: Roonie!!! Congratulations on Day 7!!!! You yourself are doing some serious beast kicking and we are all so proud of you!! You are showing the beast and everyone else just how it's done. The Nebies nest owes you a full moon Roonie, but my home computer is not cooperating. May I please have a stand in mooner so Roonie can be properly awarded??
          Thanks and congrats again, Roonie!!!

P.S. I hope Santa brings me a new computer for Christmas!
          I'll happily show Rooni my arse:moon::clapping2::clapping2::clapping2:
          well done Rooni
          sorry Byrdy x posted
          AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick, you are all heart!!!!
            Nanners, Stella is looking mah-va-lusssss! I bet you are, too! I like your idea on FB! I might have to swipe it!!
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Slay and Almost,

I don't know how you do it. I don't know how any parent does it. I hope everything turns out well, and that both of you get your lives back. I'm thinking about you.:l

Everyone,

I decided I'd better check in with the Newbies, as I start on my AF journey for the upmteenth time. When will I get it?

Good job to all who are trying, making progress, or succeeding. You haven't given up, and I won't either.
              "Remember, you are responsible for creating your life by every thought, action, choice. Choose well." Oprah Winfrey

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Juja,

Thanks for your thoughts and encouragement. I have had to start over countless times. I am on day 15 today. It's going to be a difficult day but I hope to get through it and come back here for support, when I come back. Don't give up. Who knows why, but one of these tries will stick. Maybe even this one. Try different strategies. That's what I like about MWO; people from all over the world, sharing what works for them.

There is the MWO book, cds, advice about meds, (A great link from a post by Kuya, earlier today. Really excellent!) Feedback on various vitamins and supplements. Everything. Plus lots of encouragement and support from wonderful people. So glad you are here!

RC, Nanette, thank you for your kind words. Just dreading getting through today. Was so energized last night, but stress and fear have again sapped my strength.

Hi Byrdie, Star, Patrick, Rooni....
                AF since 12/2/12
                http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

keep going Almost,you have an inner strength that although you might not feel it now I think most of us here who have followed your story can see it.You have huge courage and all I can do is offer support.Just do what you can and try and get through today.you are a hero,you just dont know it.
                  AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Evening all. Sounds like some victories are taking place. :goodjob:

Almost Free, after watching your struggle through those first 8 days, you are doing very well hitting 15 days today under the circumstances. Yep, it's amazing what we can make it through at times. If I look back through memory lane, I am often amazed I am still sitting here typing, but I am...we are...AND our hearts still have love to give. This one reminded me of both of us today.

Brydie sure does seem like the saying, 'when it rains, it pours' holds true. Thanks for your continual support on this board.

Juja, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't struggling and that this was easy. One day you can feel like, 'I've got this; I can handle it' and then bam it feels like your whole being is being shattered from within. My old go to buddy AL is just not going to be of any help in solving it all though. I think time and some work on positive thinking and productivity are the real solutions. Today is rough, tomorrow is a new day. Thanks for the thoughts.

RC, thank you. Every thought helps to build a step forward.

To everyone else, keep the nest strong. We all need it.

Love,

Slay Attached files [img]/converted_files/2007970=7250-attachment.jpg[/img]
                    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette I bought a Christmas Cactus with red flowers...it is really beautiful.
                      I go to a local gym not curves.

Went to my dads today and spent about 2 hours going through things...I think mother kept every article written about Elvis...I think I will need a sale of just Elvis memorabilia. She has tons....
                      Picked up the mail too...it is just sad to go through decades of their lives....
                      Dottie
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks so much Patrick.

God I just can't get him to get moving! And now he wants to put it off until tomorrow.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I told him if it's not today, he can call and pay for a cab, or call and pay the free-lance delivery guy. I can't take anymore!

Sure don't feel strong today, just frustrated and panicky. Thanks for your kind words and support, though.

I'm sure I will be back on here later, for some more support. Thank you all for being here! It really means a lot!
                        AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dottie and Slay, so glad you are around today, too. Still need him to take a shower, load the car and GO!!!!!! I have been up since 3 am. Every hour that goes by makes me feel more drained. So much to do still. And now it looks like it's going to rain. It's already windy. And it's completely dark by 5pm. So let's make this even worse by waiting until it's dark and raining.....
                          AF since 12/2/12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Amost,
                            Have you thought about just putting his stuff out the door? Maybe he will just follow it
                            Hang in there, you've done a great job!!!

Slay, a violent man needs the police in his face, no kidding. Stay safe, don't open the door for any reason. You are doing a great job as well!

I've had some major frustrations since going AF too but I am choosing to handle things differently.
                            Currently my daughter is in a major snit about something, hasn't spoken to me in two weeks & started an email assault on me today demanding an apology. She's not getting one ~ I didn't do anything wrong. She's looking for someone to blame for all her problems....it's not going to be me.

We are all strong individuals, we just need to remember that
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon all. Day 6 and going strong. No physical wants, just habits. No bad reactions to my AB yet either. i ate ketchup & mayo yesterday and had to clean today with chemicals (of course wore gloves) and nothing yet. Thank gosh!

almost-hang in there and get er' done!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Almost, he obviously doesn't want to do this move. Sounds like you are going to have to wrap yourself in a bit of armor to get through this. He doesn't want to let go of his safe place. I sure hope he has arrangements with a counseling center or someone in the area. I don't hold much faith in our medical establishment, but with his illness, I hope he has someone following up.

Lav, I can't take it anymore. Most of the time, it has been violence with slamming, screaming throwing things, squealing tires, etc., and then me saying don't come back until you are ready to act like a grown up, but lately a couple events have involved him putting his hands on me and THAT IS WHERE IT ENDS!!!! You know it only gets worse from that point. The other is horrid enough. It's, also, killing those who know me watching him stay in my life. So I'm done...this is done. I've done everything possible to work this out.

Sorry about your daughter. That attitude about it being somebody else's fault is so common. You know even us AL abusers have used it. You are always the strong one here and we don't hear too much about your problems, but here's a :l. That beast will come calling years into the future if something hurts us or stresses us enough. I was sober for about 14 or so years. Hang tough. We are just as much here for you as you are for us!!!

:h

Love,

Slay
                                Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Working...
                                X