Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Apologies Byrdie..this aint a takeover bid!!!! :H:H Rabsy ..you dont half get about a bit...as for the Compostela...think youve done that round these boards !!
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Mick... I like the idea of having it on my phone. I'll check it out today.... I'll probably be checking in here around 5:00... :new:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

It's a dark & damp morning over my portion of the nest, oh well!

Almost, I am very happy that you persevered with your son yesterday
        He can choose to blossom & grow while out on his own, it's his choice. You deserve some peace & a good rest!

Hello & welcom Ican!
        Glad you decided to join us. Please be sure to download & read the MWO book, it has lots of info for you. Checking in daily really helps you keep your focus.

Change, welcome back to you - what's your plan now?

I have a full day ahead so I'll get going.
        Wishing everyone a terrific AF Monday.
        Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mick, brilliant idea keeping the pearls of wisdom on the cell. Going to do that myself today!
          :notes:
          we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters. It's a new week for us to show our strength...another beginning to win the battle...we are tougher than we have given ourselves credit for. My goodness, look at what we endure and we are still standing. No credit to alcohol which literally knocks us on our behind. If you fell, get back up. It's never too late to make our days better than our yesterdays.

Lav, I would surmise she reacted mpulsively and emotionally. I know we as parents or loved ones often get the brunt of any pain or negative emotions our children or others that are close to us can dish out in their own frustrations with life. Often, with that impulsive nature and frustration, they don't stop to think truthfully. I'm glad she is calming down. Our children often forget we are, also, human. That's not the role they have learned to put us into. We are the saviors, the givers, the safe place to land...

Almost Free, one thing off the back, eh? What I just typed to Lav will apply to your son as well. Man, it can be hard being a parent! It's a job that never ends. It's understandable that he feels afraid. Hell, I want to crawl back into a comfort safety place at times. Tis not always an easy world...in fact it can be downright scary at times. Maybe assuring him that even us adults get scared and that none of us are immune to fear, but facing it is what allows us to grow up and gain confidence.

I asked if he had internet and an email because I am willing to send him positive thinking notes from time to time or what I feel may benefit him in some way and provide some courage. After all, he is human like the rest of us. As far as his pot, that's a tough one. We've had the same results on that one and I've even offered to do all the leg work to find substitutes and such in my situation that may not have the same negative side effects. Lead to water...if person will not drink...walk the other way. Not easy, I know.

A quote for your son:

?We can't be afraid of change. You may feel very secure in the pond that you are in, but if you never venture out of it, you will never know that there is such a thing as an ocean, a sea. Holding onto something that is good for you now, may be the very reason why you don't have something better.?
            ― C. JoyBell C.

Here are two I gave to myself this morning...maybe good for you, too.

?Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it.?
            ― Ann Landers

?Change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over and let go of that which you have no control over."

With those stated, I think continued positive encouragement will be better than harsh negative words.

Patrick, I saw your words on Moni's thread this morning. You are a real sweetheart, aren't you? Don't worry, I won't tell. lol

Kuya, working VERY hard to do that. There is no way to have any trust in this person. It is not repairable at this point. The actions have spoken volumes and I can't go swimming in the de 'Nile' anymore. It's like our problem with AL, though. You go through those stages of grief and you normally fall several times before you make it out safely.

Love to everyone. Hang tough. We all have our battles. AL makes them worse.

Love,

Slay:l
            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1428058 wrote: I have never posted. I'm tired. I want to quit. I drink all night and wake up panicked and disappointed in the wee hours of the morning, swearing I won't drink again. But by 5:00 I'm starting again with all kind of rationalizations. The drinks seem to go down so fast now. I don't even think I taste them. Who does that???? Words of wisdom?
              Good Morning All, and Welcome, I can :l

First of all, Ican, I would like to answer your question "Who does that???????" Well, me for one, except now I can say "I used to do that"- and you will be able to say that too if you are really serious about wanting to quit. You have come to the right place and found the right support system right here with MWO. You will get tons of great advice from the caring folks on this website and if you haven't read the MWO book, you should definitely do that too. You will learn how to make A PLAN for sobriety and you will learn how to stick to that plan no matter what and no matter who. There are some great ideas for you to look at in the MWO toolbox (see the link below). Start now posting and reading as much as you are able. We are all in this battle together. It is not easy, but we are here to help you and are glad you have found us.

Secondly, I really feel like putting a bag over MY HEAD- trouble is, I don't even know where a starfish head is located. Guess I really don't know me head from me arse

Reason I am so down on myself is for not being here for you all, especially on the weekends. It seems to get worse and worse. I barely had the time to turn around last weekend and couldn't even keep up with your posts, but please rest assured that you were ALL in my thoughts and prayers- especially you, Almost Free! And I want to thank ALL of you nest buddies for keeping the support going. That's what is so great about this place- there is ALWAYS someone here to help you out. I just wish I could do my part better :upset:

Enough of that- I hope you all know how much I love and respect and care for you!!

Also, in the past week, I have been having some struggles myself with "STINKIN DRINKIN" Thoughts. WTH So far so good with warding them off. They scare the hell out of me!!!!- but I know you are all here for me and I thank you for that!

Love you all SO MUCH!!!
              Star
              :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,
                Cold and rainy in my part of the nest too. Yuck....but dh has to get his blood work done today and we have some other errands.
                I have had many drinking thoughts this week...going to my dads does not help things. Yoga tonight and meeting with a gal from the yoga place to plot a course for classes...I am taking a break from the gym until the new year....just need a little change of routine....
                Back later,
                Dianne
                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dottie-I got in my gym this AM.
                  Day 6 here people! "to infinity and beyond"
                  ICan-"who does that?" me too.
                  Almost-hang in there. I'm sure it ain't over yet.

Gotta run. Thinking of you all and I'm so glad you are here. Thank you.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sick as a dam dog....hubs and I suspect bad eggs. Feel awful....will be back when my color returns...thinking of you all...
                    B
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

awww... Byrdie, so sorry to hear you're sick. Damn, not a good time to be so dearie. Good thoughts your way.
                      ~nurdl
                      :notes:
                      we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

Slay, thanks for the inspirational quotes. Those are great. Hope you are doing ok today. Nice of you to offer to help my son, but he would be embarrassed that I shared about him to others.

Star, hang in there....we are all here for you, too.

Overit, thanks. I'm sure it ain't over yet either. Am so nervous, will he get up on time and get to work? He has never wanted me to go in with him; he's embarrassed to have them know his mom is helping him move. But I could have, in quick order, made his room organized, neat and comfortable (It's what I do well) and it would have seemed more home-like to him. He will probably leave things all over in the bags they came in and it will not feel very comfortable. But he (like my husband), is not good at that kind of thing. Wish I could, (like "The Elves and the Shoemaker) just sneak in there and make it really nice and comfortable, then disappear.

Good luck Ican. Believe me, we've all been there. Some of us over and over. Good luck and Welcome!

Hi, Dottie, thinking of you.....

Hi Fin. Glad you are back so soon. It's very hard, at least it was for me, to stop before it turned into a real bender.
                        AF since 12/2/12
                        http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Byrdie, hope you feel better soon. What a drag! Thinking of you too, good thoughts and prayers your way. Hope you and your husband feel better soon.
                          AF since 12/2/12
                          http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, Byrdie- How HORRID!! Praying for you!!!:l
                            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back to Day 1. Had a couple watching the Survivor finale last night. AF is going to be harder than I thought, but I'm determined to get there!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Munro-welcome back. It it was only "a couple" good for you. I can't do that. Not even one because that becomes 2 with a pint! I wish I could just "enjoy" a drink but I can't.

This weekend we were out in the beautiful forest getting snowed on and usually, if I wasn't drinking, all I could think about was "hurry up so I can get home and drink" and I would take my self-imposed sobriety out on my husband by being a complete bitch until we got home and I could drink and sigh and then wonder why he was mad at me. This time, when those thoughts popped up, I told myself, you don't drink anymore, what's your hurry, enjoy this time.......and it was beautiful! This is my new normal and I'm loving it.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Working...
                                X