Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Easy for me to say with only 5 days under my belt huh? But, other than 2 years ago when I made 10 days, this is 3 days more than usual.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, Jingle- Thirty days!!!! You get a hat!!!! Since our dear Byrdie is sick so I am going to take the liberty of bestowing the award just in case she doesn't make it back to the nest today. Will that be okay?

We are SO PROUD of you. :l

Jingle, you are fighting the good fight and showing AL who is boss and you are teaching all of us along the way. We want to congratulate you and honor you for a job well done- So dear Jingle Jo- Here is your hat-

:goodtime:

May you wear it with much pride and confidence. And here's to day 60 and beyond!

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

:yougo::yougo: Way to Go JingleJo :yougo::yougo:

:woot:
        :notes:
        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was able to stop mainly because that's all that was in the house. I really did want more. Still feel disappointed in myself for giving in to the cravings.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, in my book that shows restraint. I would have driven, in whatever condition I was in, and purchased more. The times that I only had a little and thought it was good because then I would stop, only resulted in my pouting and again, being a bitch to anyone around me until I went and got more, drink, sigh, and then wonder why everyone was mad at me.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, big hugs to you. I hope you both feel better very soon.
              When you are ready for eggs again, just let me know & I send Stella with her best for you

Munro, you chose to drink but do you know why?
              Was there any other choice you could have made? Were you hungry, tired, what was going on?

After the initial 3 day detox cravings aren't really cravings so much as they are thoughts!
              Redirect your thinking when those thoughts pop up. Stop whatever you are doing & go do something completely different. You will find those thoughts disappear in just a few minutes....wait it out. This technique worked for me, it can work for everyone.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I was craving a beer and gave in. I was also very irritable all day yesterday and I guess I felt I needed it to relax.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I can so relate. But just like my experience Saturday up in the woods and like Lavande mentioned, it's thoughts. I had to stop and talk to myself and redirect my thoughts and everything changed. Instead of being pissed that he was drinking and I couldn't, I chose to enjoy the moment and my day. It was great. Strange, but great. Are you trying for AF or moderaton?

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

I would like to be AF. Think I'm going to try AF beer.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Munro;1428227 wrote: I was also very irritable all day yesterday and I guess I felt I needed it to relax.
                      Munro, I didn't catch onto this when I was first trying to stop. Like you, I kept caving in because I thought I needed a drink to help me relax. As it turned out, the very thing that was causing a lot of the tension was the drinking itself. Yep, that's right. Once you quit drinking you will feel much more calm all on your own. That's good news.
                      Also, are you eating enough, Munro? Maybe your blood sugar is out of whack and causing some cravings. You need a good plan to turn to when you get these cravings. That will help a lot :l
                      :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think I'm eating enough. I definitely need to find something else to turn to when I feel the urge to drink. Right now there isn't anything in the house to drink and it's going to stay that way.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish & Munro-yes, I noticed this weekend when I would just let go I was much more relaxed because I didn't have to think about it all the time. I didn't have to worry about when I was going to get home so I could drink. I didn't have to think about rushing my time with my loved one so I could get home and drink. I just had to stop, readjust, and move on. It was very liberating acutally. And to wake up, fully rested, clear headed.....I can't even get over the excitement of how good that feels. Yes, it's still a Monday and I still have to go to work, but I'm sober and I don't have a headache and I don't feel like puking or the other,etc. (I missed both the last 2 Mondays due to hangovers that I attributed to other things for other's benefits) I'm free, like throwing that wet, soggy, heavy blanket off my back!

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1428205 wrote: Wow, Jingle- Thirty days!!!! You get a hat!!!! Since our dear Byrdie is sick so I am going to take the liberty of bestowing the award just in case she doesn't make it back to the nest today. Will that be okay?

We are SO PROUD of you. :l

Jingle, you are fighting the good fight and showing AL who is boss and you are teaching all of us along the way. We want to congratulate you and honor you for a job well done- So dear Jingle Jo- Here is your hat-

:goodtime:

May you wear it with much pride and confidence. And here's to day 60 and beyond!

Comment

Newbies Nest

nurdl;1428211 wrote: :yougo::yougo: Way to Go JingleJo :yougo::yougo:

:woot:
                              Thank you very much :h xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Does anyone experience the holiday Glooms?

Been feeling a bit low lately, partly due to responsibilities at work....

AK
                                AF since 1st Sep 2012
                                NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Working...
                                X