Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

OVERIT- I just took a peek over in the roll call and saw that you had SEVEN DAYS!! That is FANTABULOUS- Just look at you go! You make this look easy!!!! You have conquered every day of the week and you are showing AL who's the boss and teaching us all the way it's done. Keep doing what you're doing, OVERIT- You are doing GREAT :goodjob:

And now for your hat, hon :bday3:

Hope it fits!
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awesome post Starfish, thanks for sharing.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

OMG, thanks so much! You just brought a HUGE smile to my face.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey OVERIT, we cross posted. See if your new hat will fit on top of your bag (LOL)

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

steady hands...welcome back. I have thought of you many many times...:-) Another I wonder about (there are several!) is canadian gal. Buckle up and stay close!
            ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish-you can't see my smile from the bag but yes, I will take the hat. Thank you.

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

A HUGE congrats on your 7 days Overit! The smile, the bag and the hat look wonderful on you!

Star - Wow, what a post! Sometimes the cravings are so strong that all we CAN do is white-knuckle it until they pass...but the point is they DO pass! I always say that a craving will never last as long as a hangover. Excellent job on riding it out, you DID IT!!! Each time will get a bit easier now. And I can totally relate to the happiness of being around your daughter knowing you were completely sober...that was the key for me too...many, many, many times! I could NOT let her down anymore. No matter their age, they know when their Mom is "not right", even if they can't pinpoint exactly why. Keep up your great work...you are really kicking some AL ass and I'm proud of you!

Speaking of how much we love our kids, I am giving up my smartphone and downgrading to an old boring model so my daughter can get an iPhone with the data package....now if that's not love, I don't know what is! :H

I hope you're all well...Byrdie, Lav, Lola and all my other dear friends...LOVE YOU! :h

Stick close everyone, we can do this together!

K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi K9-you look lovely this morning. Thanks for you support to all of us. Dec 26 right? You go girl!

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks, Guys- could NOT have done it without all I have learned right here on this site. Much Love!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just back from the toilet, (TMI) but wanted to say how proud I am of Star for fighting off that moment of weakness....Well done!
                      Overit...you are doing great. How fitting....a brown bag!
                      Steady Hands, so good to see you 'home'. You know what to do...put one foot in front of the other...rinse and repeat.
                      BLEH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> As many times as I got sick on booze, I still didn't quit...but right now the thought of an egg makes me gag.......what's up with THAT? B
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Congratulations Overit! Isn't it great to get 'mooned'? Good for you!

As far as my son, I don't intend to visit him daily, but I will keep in touch as much as I can, until he is more settled in his new place and feels more comfortable with the new people, who are a young (mid-twenties?) bf/gf. He has always had a VERY difficult time with change, much more than most normal people. And the doctors emphasized that stress is very bad for schizophrenics and can trigger an 'episode'.

I had to reassure him that, hey, if you have a problem and don't know what to do, give me a call or ASK SOMEONE. He is extremely reluctant to ask people he doesn't know, anything. He can get sooo upset over things the rest of us don't even think twice about. He once left a mall because he couldn't find where the bathroom was and was too 'embarrassed' to ask someone who works there.

I am not able to treat him the same as I would a normal kid, because there are definitely mental issues involved. (My older two kids are both very well adjusted and very successful, so it's not like I'm a newbie first-time parent who doesn't have a clue). He is different (always has been) and needs more support and hand holding than the average person. It's just hard, because he can be such a jerk sometimes......

Star, I too, 'took a break' after 2 years of sobriety, thinking, oh, I got sober once, I can do it again. It was also around the holidays. Not so easy to get back as I thought. I have struggled ever since and it has now been three years of me trying to get back on the wagon. Today is day 17 for me. I keep trying to remember a couple of quotes I read here at MWO. I know one is from K9: 'A craving never lasts as long as a hangover'. The other is from Slay, I believe: 'I have the urge, but I won't satisfy it; I CAN'T satisfy it'. So true.....

Oh, Hi K9, just saw that you posted while I was writing. Hang in there Star, Slay, Jingle.

Hi to Byrdie, Lavande, Lola......Have a great day everyone! Over to roll call, now.......
                        AF since 12/2/12
                        http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon all,
                          Trying to make some phone calls to get things in order for my dad. So much to do..still hurts to think he will never be able to go back to his house but I know it is not possible.
                          Off to do our last volunteer thingy at the hospital for the year. They are forcing all volunteers to get flu shots and I just don't want one...so we will have to see what next year brings...
                          Back later,
                          Dottie
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie, I avoided flu shots all the years I actually worked in the hospital. But now I get them willingly because the last case of flu I did get took me out for a week
                            Your Dad is safe & comfortable, right? That's all that matters now. You have done the best thing for him!

Overit - CONGRATS on 7 AF days :yay:

Star, you did well to think it all the way through!
                            Accepting that the majority of us just can't stop at 1 drink really changes everything, doesn't it?
                            Acceptance takes the pressure off. Acceptance means we do have the power to control ourselves & our decisions. Drinking is always a choice, a decision & a bad one.

Almost, glad you have survived your difficulties with your son!

Hi K9. Byrdie - you poor girl......
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Luck, Dottie and thanks Byrdie

We will be so happy when you are feeling better and back to your old self.

And oh, yeah....with the way you are feeling about eggs these days, I guess we should be grateful its Christmas time instead of Easter :laughmonkey:

Get well Soon :heartsnflowers:

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross post, Lav and THANK YOU TOO!!!!

08-13-15

Comment

Working...
                                X