Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

oh geeeez Byrdie and pinecone, this sounds like a doozy! now with Christmas, it'll spread like wildfire with all the get togethers....

jingle - loved your post - enjoy that time away....and Mom - I'm so happy that you posted that...it's the kind of thing that others can warn about but coming from someone thick in the middle of it, it has so much more meaning. I am sure you are helping someone out with that honesty. Now. Let's figure out that plan - so that you aren't waiting around until after the holidays to start again....:l

Hellos to everyone - I actually have to run and get some more gifts. Thank goodness I haven't come down with anything....there would be folks with no gifts under the tree! Just curious - those with the stomach bug - did you get a flu shot? I don't believe in the things myself - so just curious.
    ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab, mine was food poisoning :chef:...but I did get a flu shot.

For those of you who may have missed it, today is Lav's birthday!!!!! :bday7: Stella's over in another thread pecking out her age!!! Bwahahaha. Hope you have a wonderful day! Here's to the best egg I know!! Love you!!! Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning! I feel great today on day 8. Thank gosh I'm on AB or I surely would have indulged last night, just habit, tired, cold, fire going, etc. I thought "ooh, if I could have just one, sitting here reading, just one, to relax and let out a good sigh, just one......" but I know that wouldn't have happened. I would have had several, at least 1/2 pint on top of that, blacked out the evening, been awake from at least 2AM to maybe 4AM ish, felt guilty and shy this AM around my husband, felt like trash getting ready for work, wishing I could call in sick (again) have to struggle through the day with a headache and sour stomach, etc. WHAT THE HECK WAS I THINKING? I'm glad to have slept all night and wake up, tired, but refreshed and sober. Thanks to everyone here. Have a great day.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

LAV's birthday? Happy Birthday!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Patrick & Catbuddy-you guys are rockin' it.
            Rooniferd-I love that you celebrate double digits.
            Moni & Almost Free-awesome. You are staying strong!
            jenniech & sunnygirl-Welcome! What are your plans for AF? Just interested.

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit44;1429392 wrote: Thank gosh I'm on AB or I surely would have indulged last night, just habit, tired, cold, fire going, etc. I thought "ooh, if I could have just one, sitting here reading, just one, to relax and let out a good sigh, just one......" but I know that wouldn't have happened.
              GREAT JOB Overit! That version of drinking you described is the "romanticized" version. But you were able to fast forward to REALITY: hungover, embarrassed, sick at work, overall yuckiness...and that's the TRUTH about alcohol. I am so proud of you for thinking it through and seeing it for what it is. I know you are on AB, but the thought process is what will ultimately save you, and by golly you're getting it!

Lav - Happy BDay you wonderful woman! Stella and I are planning a super party for you!

Byrdie - Yikes...I hope your tummy troubles are over. My family calls your condition "mudd butt" or "bubble gut"....LOL Whatever you call it, it ain't pretty! Hope you're better!

Mom - Sorry you're struggling. Yes, each relapse seems to get harder. We find all kinds of excuses to prolong it and put off quitting. My last relapse (last Dec 25th) was the straw that broke the camels back, as they say. Nothing out of the ordinary happened (blackouts and mysterious bruises were ordinary!)...but on the morning of the 26th I said THIS IS IT...NO MORE...I refuse to be controlled by this poison anymore. You CAN do it too. I can tell you are sick and tired of this. Get a few days under your belt, let your mind clear, then work on a solid plan. We are here to help you!

Hope ya'll have a great day. Stella is pestering me to get back to party planning, and I better go, she is one mean chicken when she doesn't get her way! LOL

Love,
              K9
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Stella is telling everyone that I'm 59 today!!!!!
                Could she possibly be right?? Oh no :H :H

Glad you are improving there Ms Byrdie
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1429363 wrote: Oh yeah, and one other thing that has helped me is always remembering the information that is in my sig line. "I am one drink away from never being sober again for the rest of my life." BELIEVE IT!
                  i agree we are all one drink away from being sober .......and it only takes one to bring us undone......some-one once said think of wine as urine......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters...... What a busy place again today

For me the key to it all remains the realization that drinking alcohol is NOT normal, just common. Understand this and you will find quitting easy.

You have been brainwashed since a child into thinking alcohol is acceptable...... It is a poison with NO nutritional value, used socially to alter YOU. There was nothing wrong with YOU before you drank that alcohol could fix. There is nothing wrong with you NOW that alcohol can fix.
                    Alcohol just finished the destruction that your childhood started. Very few here had good childhoods, we have tried to numb the damage with alcohol and failed. Now, we quit then seek to repair the damage. It is work, but it is doable...... Because there was nothing ORIGINALLY wrong with us....... None of us

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday Lav!!!!!

Byrdie, I knew that...somewhere in my brain, I really did know that you had eaten something bad. Sorry...
                      ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

So true, Kuya...drinking is a perfectly acceptable practice in society, even encouraged!! I was thinking about something RC said the other day about a whiskey commercial he'd seen. He was perplexed as to why it made him want whiskey when that wasn't his poison of choice! I may have seen that same commercial last night...It was a dark background...the largest, squarest, sexiest-looking ice cube I've ever seen in a small, simple glass. It occupied 80% of the glass, I'd say.....they could have poured lighter fluid in it and it would have looked good! Those marketing people are MASTERS! Don't fall for it....after all, that's not how I drank, how bout you? I drank in my closet from a box of wine, or in the bathroom stall with bottles hidden in my purse or carry on bag. I drank quickly and frantically...there was nothing sexy about the way I drank. This is what I keep in the front of my mind. Stay strong, Nesters...just a couple more weeks to go and we're out of the deep water! If you could just see how much better life is with this kind of distance...you'd never even consider 'trying' it again. I wish I could give you that gift of experience and time, but I can't. I have struggled, too and no one could prevent me from making some of the mistakes I did. I thought I was different, but what I see from being here so long is that we really aren't that different at all. Addiction is addiction. And in our world, one is too many. Well done everyone! Byrdie
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

No problem, Lolab...just don't mention eggs...B
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, I think your bug followed me to Raleigh. Ugh....

Happy birthday Lav!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I don't doubt it, Rooni...it was a strong one! I'm so sorry if you felt HALF as crappy as I did!! I lost 3 pounds in 1 day!!! If anyone says I'm full of shite, they'd be WRONG! :H:H B -3
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters......Happy Birthday Lav! Too many posts to catch up on at the moment. Just popped in to say hi before I start dinner. Had a bit of a car accident today....I'm okay, but just waiting to hear what it's going to cost me to fix my car. Not a good time....just finished the Christmas shopping so credit card has taken a hit!

Off to pour my cranberry drink!

Comment

Working...
                                X