Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

That's brilliant Nanette! I cant get through a whole lime keeping it in the fridge. Thanks for the idea.
    ~n
    :notes:
    we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

What great discussions this AM.

Day 9 here! Feeling awesome! Pressure yesterday? Ice skating on the pond last night, but, we didn't end up going. When I go the call, first thing that crossed my mind was COCKTAILS, but then I had to quiet that voice, then got anxious about what I was going to drink out there. Baby steps.

The whole not drinking thing wth others? I kind of feel stuck up about it. Like I'm better than anyone else. Some might find that as just something to say to make me feel better but, I really do. Same with smoking. I used to smoke but now I look at others doing it and think "oh poor soul, such a slave to your poison, you should be free like me" and flick my hair and walk off the other direction. )I don't actually say those things or do the hair flick thing but inside I feel like it.) I feel superior, while emphatic at the same time, for sure.

Gotta run and have a GREAT day!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodmorning nesters. Todays the day! Im jumping on the wagon. Nothing happened, no bad drinking stories, im just ready to live sober. Its no fun to drink anymore, I need a new adventure. I m gonna strap on my nest belt and enjoy this hayride. Time to unlock my chains. Thank you for all your help and I will try to return the favor!
        ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome back ODAT! :welcome: Good to see you here again. As you stay, strap in, and enjoy the ride - let it be one awesome new adventure!

Lolab, Byrdie... these posts are good, feeding me. I can come and go with my feelings of being AF - you can tale it through on the Stella thread if you're bored :H. But reading your posts helps. I also look at NewOne's replies to posts as NewOne seems to have an acute ability to suss out what peeps are saying, or, more precisely what Rick the Dick is saying and making them believe - and then firing a direct shot at it!

Hello a'body else!

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit - You made me laugh with your hair flicking story, I could totally picture it. LOL

ODAT - I'm glad you're jumping on the wagon! The same thing happened for me, drinking was just NOT FUN anymore! I mean what's the point of even doing it then? My last drinking episode was not earthshattering or particularly "bad", I just realized that I was sitting there forcing down beer after beer, somehow feeling like I had to I was at the point where I wouldn't even get a buzz until beer 7 or 8, and by that point I was so bloated and uncomfortable anyway. I sat there thinking how dumb I was being. I eventually got drunk and stumbled off to bed, and the next day I knew I wasn't going to do it again. That was 359 days ago. Of course I've had urges and the romantic version of drinking pops into my head once in a while, but then reality sets in and I remember how it really was. Glue your butt to the nest...you can do this and we can help!

My drink of choice now is homemade iced tea. I brew it up every couple of days and keep it ready in the fridge (pre-sweetened of course)...the only downside is that it's so good I drink too much and then I'm up and down all night. LOL

Hope you're feeling better today Byrdie! And Lav...there's no way you are 59...Stella lies sometimes. LOL
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I really wish Stella was a liar K9 ~ afraid she's right on the mark
              Now we need to get your One year AF party plans going. I'll check with Stella, she's full of great ideas :H

Overit, can you really flick your hair under that paper bag? :H

For some reason my estranged oddball husband wants to go outlet shopping later this afternoon. I'll go but he will have to buy dinner, ha, ha.
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

[QUOTE=K9Lover;1429887]I was sitting there forcing down beer after beer, somehow feeling like I had to ......That was 359 days ago.

K9 I am SOOO proud of you :l- won't be long and we'll be having a huge one year anniversary party for you- can't wait!

And what you said about feeling like you HAD to drink....that's exactly the way it was with me....like I was on some kind of a mission....I just didn't understand. I didn't even want the drink, I just somehow felt like I HAD to- that must have something to do with the addiction, I guess.

Anyway, I am glad we are all here together- and the only thing we HAVE to do now is keep our butts glued to the nest- SIMPLE

:h Star
                :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Steadyhands, good to see you again!

Nurdl, way to go, you did great! We all get those thoughts, just let them walk right back out the door they came in.

Overit, at 9 days, you have every reason to be proud! If you value your quit like that, you will think twice about throwing it away.

Odat, welcome back.

I'm still getting over this damn cold, but I got my Christmas shopping finished today, and I even got a workout in. I would have done neither of those things if I was healthy but just plain hungover (yuck!). I'm so relieved that I don't have to feel like that anymore. AF life is freedom, friends.
                  "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                  AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pinecone, you are so right...AF=Freedom. It may seem like such an overwhelming task right now, but get this Christmas behind you and next year will be a walk in the park. If you do cave, you get to do this ALL OVER next year and it don't get no easier next time...(I tried...it gets HARDER). Stay the course and you will NOT be sorry!

Kuya, you are exactly 18 hours ahead of my time zone...I am really looking forward to your posts today...if the world is coming to an end, I assume you'll be among the first to know. If you could hop on yer computer right quick and tap us out a quick note, we'd all appreciate it. Good luck out there one the front lines! XXOO, Byrdie
                    :chute:
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1429924 wrote: Pinecone, you are so right...AF=Freedom. It may seem like such an overwhelming task right now, but get this Christmas behind you and next year will be a walk in the park. If you do cave, you get to do this ALL OVER next year and it don't get no easier next time...(I tried...it gets HARDER). Stay the course and you will NOT be sorry!

Kuya, you are exactly 18 hours ahead of my time zone...I am really looking forward to your posts today...if the world is coming to an end, I assume you'll be among the first to know. If you could hop on yer computer right quick and tap us out a quick note, we'd all appreciate it. Good luck out there one the front lines! XXOO, Byrdie
                      :chute:
                      She better be quick Byrdie, cos if the world does end and Kuya's the first to know about it, she'll be gone!

Far, far away into the no-next world, called no-heaven, where she'll meet her no-maker, her no-god. A big hairy man with a long white beard will say: "WELCOME KUUUUYAAAAAAAA" and Kuya will say, "Hey big guy, YOU don't exist" and the big one will say "YYYEEEESSSS, I KNNOOOOOWWWWW" and Kuya will say, "Good. Just so as you know where you stand with the whole existing, non-existing thing" and then she'll rock on into no-heaven and confuse the bejesus out of everyone by saying they don't exist, and they'll say "yeah we know smart ass, we died, and went to heaven" And kuya will say, "You died. Period." And all the dead people will look confused and look at each with confused expressions that said "how can we be dead and not exist if we are right now in heaven and the person who says we don't exist appears to us to exist in front of us, but then she herself by her own admission does not exist." Oh, the paradox of death.

And kuya rocked on and rocked through smiling at the paradox of everything and nothing.

The end.

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC, what's rolling around up there in that noggin of yerz???
                        When I was a kid, there were mustard and ketchup squirt bottles on the table. In red lettering, there was a lady holding a ketchup bottle, with a lady holding a ketchup bottle, holding a ketchup bottle....infinatum.....is your un-heaven something like the ketchup bottle lady??
                        Sure wish Kuya'd check in soon! I'm getting a little antsy!!! Not finished my Christmas shopping yet.... It'd be nice to know if I can just put that on HOLD.....
                        We could all be KUYA'd by this time tomorrow....(Kuya is also an adverb).
                        Ku'-Yaad. Adv> To be oblitherated by one's maker. B
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

OMG, RC, or should I say OMNG for Kuya? THAT IS HYSTERICAL AND MADE MY DAY. Just logged on and not in the best of moods with all that is going on with me, but thank you for that humor. That could go on youtube as a cartoon skit. Get to it!!!

Slay
                          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello my fellow MWOS!!!!

I have been eating so much chocolate lately so today is my day to burn it all off. I am off for a 10k run and will aim to break my previous 1 hour record by at least two minutes. Wish me luck.

RC, you will probably appreciate this. I secured an entry into the London Virgin 2013 Marathon through my new employers charity partnership. WOOP WOOP

ALLAN
                            AF since 1st Sep 2012
                            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nesters...Allan's on a Sugar High...LOOK OUT!
                              Have a great run, my dear!! So glad you are grabbing life by the ____! I was gonna say Horns! 111 days is huge, you and Kuya are knocking em down...
                              Sure would like to hear from her.....B
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

B,

its funny how we kind of live in the future now. Everytime I watch Terminator 1 and 2 I laugh at the storyline that predicts the rise of the machines by 2004? Then the YK then 2001 and now the Mayan calendar LOL

If they were so smart why couldnt they predict their own extinction.

anyway I am back from my run, sweating chocolate out.

ALLAN
                                AF since 1st Sep 2012
                                NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Working...
                                X