Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Allan-did you beat your 1hr time by 2 minutes?

Where's Almost Free today?

I couldn't remember if I had even posted today and then I remembered the hair flipping incident. LOL!

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit44,

I wish!

I had it in me but decided not to push too hard. May be tomorrow. Now that my friday nights are free.
      AF since 1st Sep 2012
      NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan-good for you. I have just started running or should I say walking with a few jog intervals in there. I ABSOLUTELY love it! What a way to clear my mind. I can just zone out and not think, or think if I want but usually just like listening to the sound of my feet or my breathing (which comes in gasps at this point). I feel so liberated when I finish. I have never been a runner. I can barely do it but I just love the zen you get from it.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

Comment

Newbies Nest

Of course if I would take the bag off I might be able to breathe a little better huh? LOL! at myself. What a nut? I also can be found clapping for myself at times or dancing a happy jig.

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit,

running is like finding a treasure. Its a great stress reduction technique. As you said it clears your mind, its great exercise and its absolutely free.

I used to smoke so running for me was an unattainable dream. Now I hear people telling well I could never do that (running) It makes me laugh. Just over three months ago my first run lasted about 20 seconds. Second run 30 secons... Now I have built up my endurance to a level where I can comfortably run for half an hour and 1 hour if I push it.

So go for it Overit. Its a free gift that many overlook.

AK
            AF since 1st Sep 2012
            NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

So, my boss just came to me and said that I can leave at noon tomorrow. This first thing that flashed through my mind was, "ya, I can start drinking earlier" then "oh ya, I don't do that anymore" then anxiety, literally heart racing, "oh no, what am I going to do with myself?" I have been using the gym nightly as a way to just change up my habits/evening/surrounding but I certainly can't go hide out at the gym for 6-7 hours. It's OK, I'll deal with it. It's just those "stinkin thinkin" thoughts that flash through my mind.

Still waiting for the pounds to just melt away since I'm not consuming an additional 1000-3000 calories per night in AL.

AF since 12/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya? You out there? Helllooooooooo? Koooooooooyaaa? Humph. B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well the 3 oclock thoughts are here. Im having a sweet snack and hoping if I drive a different way home I can avoid the store. Why do I want to got it so much but when I get it I dont want to have it? I dont want to be an addit anymore damit. And I dont want to wake up every morning and say ill never drink again just to drink again in 12 hours. Its stupid. Either do it in dont bitch or dont do it!
                  ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Overit,

Don’t be surprised if you don’t loose much weight at first. If you read back to my earlier post or anybody else’s you will see that a lot of people reported not loosing much weight and often gaining some after quitting. It’s a paradox but it’s very likely. Your body is trying to heal itself, also you may notice an increase in appetite (which is a good thing), as we often substituted food with alcohol.

So don’t be discouraged if the pounds don’t come off right away. Trust me it will happen.

I found watching the biggest loser very inspiring to me. People with food addiction (very similar drug to alcohol, in a way) fighting for their lives and achieving incredible results. Particularly Season 7? with Tara Costa. She is just my idol. The girl never quits!

ALLAN
                    AF since 1st Sep 2012
                    NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

allankay;1429984 wrote: Hello my fellow MWOS!!!!

I have been eating so much chocolate lately so today is my day to burn it all off. I am off for a 10k run and will aim to break my previous 1 hour record by at least two minutes. Wish me luck.

RC, you will probably appreciate this. I secured an entry into the London Virgin 2013 Marathon through my new employers charity partnership. WOOP WOOP

ALLAN
                      :woot: :woot: If this was face book, i would press "like"

Comment

Newbies Nest

odat....this is Addiction Head....Dick Head. We know him well. This is the voice that tells you something is black when you know it's white. Up when you know it's really down....You know you shouldn't drink, but it seems not so important now that the witching hour approaches. The need to quit isn't as dire as it was this morning. We all know this cycle. It is the spoiled child that wants his way. Do not give it to him. This day, you will remain AF. This is the day you get your life back. Dig your heels in and don't give in no matter what and no matter who. Keep yourself FULL. Don't think about too far down the road...approach this just as you would eating an elephant...you do it one bite at a time. You can do this....I've seen you. I believe in you. B
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

B,

how do you come up with these analogies (eating an elephant )

AK
                          AF since 1st Sep 2012
                          NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, thanks birdy! I want 2013 to be sober all year. I need to get a running start so I can make it you know. I dont want to ring in the new year drunk.
                            ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

odat1234;1430052 wrote: Wow, thanks birdy! I want 2013 to be sober all year. I need to get a running start so I can make it you know. I dont want to ring in the new year drunk.
                              Keep that thinking up. Don't let it get bogged down by the beast talking to you. you'll quickly learn to distinguish between what you deem your thoughts and what are really the beasts. But yeah, keep that positive thinking going and just thing, if you and I can get through THIS period AF... then come January it HAS to be easier!

:goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

Happy belated Birthday Lavande! Hope your day was grand.

Well, a new wrinkle........! Everthing seemed to be going ok with my son. No problems. Now he tells me that the girlfriend of his roommate may move out. They were still putting away boxes from moving IN when he viewed the place! The ad was placed by the guy, but when he got there, he had to change his check to be made out to the girlfriend. She seems to be the one that has the good job. The guy seems to be home all day. He is an aspiring stand up comic or something.

Then he asked my son if he could put a good word in for him at his job, or ask if anyone knows of a job opening there. Great! Were they just waiting to get a roommate to share the rent with the guy, before she took off? Where is this going to leave my son, if the guy has no job and can't make the rent? And after all the expense and trouble of getting him set up in his new place. SH*T!!!!!!!!
                                AF since 12/2/12
                                http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Working...
                                X