Clear All

Newbies Nest

RunningCourage;1430202 wrote: :nutso:

Peanuts.
    No thanks....that would really hurt. I could pea soup though :H:H:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nest

Happy to report that SA is still standing. Had some serious rain and thunder last night and today is lovely and cool.

Hippy - glad you joined us. I wanted to make 12-21-2012 my quit date, to tell myself it is not the end of the world to quit drinking, but I could just not do it one more day!!

Odat - hang in there!

My first day was ok... Ate a lot and slept 12 hours.

Now off to walk in the park and enjoy a new beginning of a world with less addicts!
      12-20-2012 AF
      Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Love this signature, Steady!

"Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy."

These are really words to live by when it comes to drinking. Drinking does NOT serve me well, it does NOT help me grow as a person, and it DEFINITELY does NOT make me happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

It seems we are all still here - great
          I like to think we've entered a new age of enlightenemnt. We're smarter now & know we don't need to pour poison into ourselves

Wishing everyone a terrific AF Friday!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

True that Hippyman!
            :notes:
            we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters! Welcome, Hippyman!! I was just reading back on your posts to get to know you. So you are taking AB? I take it this isn't your first quit? Settle on in with us...you are in most excellent company here! Tell us what brought you by....

Yes, Lav, I guess we aren't off the hook for the rest of that Christmas shopping....
              Kuya and RC....the Odd Couple!!! Yall two are priceless!
              Nurdl, you and Barbee and piling on the days!! You'll be moving into a new Dream Castle soon I hear! (tv ads). You are doing so well...I just wanted to say how much I admire your progress. How are you feeling? No comparison to last month or the month before, right? It is amazing that at the point where we are...we think....'dam, this is a good place.' But as even more time passes it just gets better somehow. I can't put my finger on it, but maybe you can. Is it confidence? Intolerance? Experience? I don't know....

Welcome to all....lurkers, you should come out and say a word to us, since we're all here. Tis the season!!!
              I shouldn't have gotten all my work done yustaday...now I'm just looking at the clock!!! I want to PLAY!!!
              SNOWBALL FIGHT!!! o.....O....O....O (I'm rolling it up and getting ready to launch) B
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie! Thank you so much! You've got me smiling already! Yes it does get better and better. This AF time has become so precious to me I wouldn't sabotage it for anything. No matter what, no matter who, as Lav says.

Good idea Byrdie. Let's get some Lurkers into the Nest. Wouldn't that be a wonderful gift? Start the New Year out AF! And don't wait until New Years Day, start today with us. Byrdie, I'll bet ya we can get someone to join us today. Lets see if it happens!
                Have a great day dear one.
                ~nurdl
                :notes:
                we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Hippyman! Wow, I just popped over to roll call and noticed that you already have 88 AF days. That is AWESOME!!!! Thanks so much for joining us! I am sure you have lots of good advice to share. That's what this place is all about- We all help each other-:l

Want to wish everyone a Great Morning, and a great day. It is so good to see how well everyone is doing racking up those AF days. It feels great! I for one am SO HAPPY that Christmas is almost here, the pressure of the season is almost over and I get to think of a different New Years Resolution this year besides "I am gonna quit drinking"

AF, I am glad to hear from you. In spite of all your worries, you still have the time for caring words for the rest of us. Please know that you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. I pray for your son also. AF- it gonna be ok :l

Lurkers, come out, come out, wherever you are.....Joining us in the nest and making a firm commitment to go AF would be the best Christmas present you could give yourself and your loved ones.

:h Star
                  :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters! Well, my internet connection is working again. Tech left about half hour ago. Have you noticed how dependent we have become on technology? I replied to some nest stuff yesterday and hit post, but my connection went down as it tried to send it. I was furious. lol So I saved it to my word program as if to say in your face; you won't defeat me. All night I felt like a basic need for survival was stripped from me. Geeze, I need to do some thinking about that. Such is our world. I don't think the younger generation would survive a technology meltdown. I am wondering about myself now, too. Anyway, I am going to post that message here and now. So, if it seems out of place, it is. LOL x 10! But I am mad because this was a company error and I was laughing a lot for the first time in a week from our comics here. They were giving me something I needed and my internet service wiped that out. So here's my 'I got this in your face', post to that. :nutso: (Geeze, I had to worry that Kuya was gone and that I was next...my connection to the world was gone, too. Thanks Byrd...)

Byrdlady;1430042 wrote: Kuya? You out there? Helllooooooooo? Koooooooooyaaa? Humph. B
                    ROTFL!!!! You guys are a stitch today. MANY MANY thanks. Laughter truly is the best medicine.

Allan, the post about you being a smoker and your path to running, you too overit, love it. Keep up the inspiration. It's icy rain outside today, and my body and mind are on the mend, but reading those posts sprung some hope in my well. I have always said, "I can't run". I've tried in the past and my sides always ache so badly. I do inside workouts, and I was rollerblading regularly before I went too deep into the AL years. I'm having a hmmm, moment.

RC, saw the posts on Moots thread. Nothing like an awakening moment on the time factor. Wait until you have a child or children (if that is part of your future), they really register markers along with regrets. You can shorten your years of regret at any time.

Hang tough, troops. I see 'dick head' everywhere I look. My daughter and I occasionally have our stint of television catch up on shows we like. We had one Tuesday evening. Unreal how much alcohol was in every show. Even the Cougar town commercial during the shows we watch. It is and has become an epidemic...a program from the marketing Gods that is like advertising rat poisoning in food. Daily, I think, 'will our world ever wake up'?! I'm in AL hating mode. Feel like ripping the glasses out of their hands! :eeks:

Well see you all on the other side. Watch out for some woman arguing about the reality of sight.

Slay
                    Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh no, just recommended someone drink 'egg'nog without al as an alternative on moots thread. Sorry, Brydie. You should not have given me that scare last night...KUYA MIA...then my computer going offline. :H:H:H No 'egg'nog for you, eh, Brydie? Hope you are feeling better. Maybe some probiotic yogurt will help sooth you back to bank. I have herbs I take with problems like that. It usually comes from a meal out though. Can't always trust those darn restaurants.
                      Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

RC, you are writing all this stuff that cracks me up sober and you question how you will socialize without lubricant? LOL!!!! Seriously, just be yourself. Those who don't find you humorous and joyful just aren't people that fit with you. Cracking up over the muzehacab or whatever it is.

Kuya, someone just told me my totem is a squirrel because this squirrel keeps coming up to my doorwall and knocking on it for food. Goes up on its back legs and claws on the window until I come feed it. Last year a pregnant squirrel did the same thing and slept on my porch. My question now becomes what happens when my totem dies? :eeks: The world didn't end, so now I just have to know the answer to this question...oh my, what will I do?

Crazy Slay

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sorry to hear about the situation, Almost Free. Have had the never ending problems in my own life with a couple others. Unfortunately, all of that often falls on my plate. I've worked through a lot of it with my daughter, but even now something else has popped up. A week doesn't go by. I have learned to say no though and sometimes just walk away and say you did it, you solve it.

With the abusive husband, I won't take responsibility for his abuse in anyway. You know how abusers are with the I wouldn't do this if you would do this or didn't do this. Sure. You have to go raving maniac and slam me into the concrete. Sure, you do. His number is up FINALLY! It will be months of battle most likely and tears, but I am on the other side now of knowing this is done and I will do what I need to whether it hurts and I have to cry. Now, that one was my choice. I married him. I made the bad choice. I kept taking him back and repeating the scenario. So, when I fell in love and married him too quickly, I brought that on myself. My heart feels for you. I know how all this aches inside.

I saw a bumper sticker yesterday. It said: When you say things can't possibly get any worse, God sees that as a challenge........Great!
                          Funny you should say this. My mom text me, 'geeze, it's one thing after another for you', and I called her and said, "what has hell been unleashed here lately...end of world"? lol I then said what your quote mentions, but immediately took it back like a panic that NO NO, I do not want anything worse. Erase from record. I didn't say that. No not me!!!

Hang in there. AL will only make you depressed and the problem will still be there. You need a clear clean brain to focus in and work on solutions for you, not let AL make it worse.

Love,

Slay

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters!

Here I am back at work after being here until 12AM at a City Council Meeting. I realize I DO NOT do well on 5 hours sleep. I feel like I never even left this place. I got pulled over on the way home. I have a headlight out (that I knew about but don't tell them...lol). Anyway, it was a nice change to get pulled over and not end up in jail. I did tell the cop that even though I don't drink anymore, the 6 hour City Council meeting I just attended made me feel like I wanted to. LOL

Hope you're all doing well and stay strong over the weekend/holidays. You CAN do this, you'll never regret not drinking!!

K9

p.s. Kuya - Nuttier than a squirrels fart...LOL :H:H That one cracked me up!!
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;1430378 wrote: Anyway, it was a nice change to get pulled over and not end up in jail.
                              :H:H:H

Hey guys...I'm trudging through - not feeling 100% - achey - really tired....but I'm bombarding whatever it is, with supplements, and I have to keep going because I have tons to do...

lola
                              ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone,

Star, thank you so much for your kind words, your good thoughts and your prayers. I can't tell you how much they mean. I truly believe they have helped me get through a lot. Thank you for including my son in your prayers.

Slay, you sound really good today. Glad you were able to get back online. I, too, feel kind of afraid when I can't get online. Like my lifeline, especially to MWO, has been severed.

You are right, the liquor is EVERYWHERE! I thought it was just my alcoholic obsession, that only I noticed the booze, but it seems to be in almost everthing I watch, whether it's a series, a movie, a commercial, a cooking show or a travel show. Do they have to hit EVERY bistro in Europe and have a glass of wine?

I also have an animal problem. A stray cat, almost skin and bones showed up and I started to feed it. Now, I feel like I'm being stalked. I can't crack the sliding glass door for a cigarette, that she isn't there in seconds. Now, she is up on her hind legs, scratching at the glass to be fed, just like your squirrel. Also, some meowing.

I need to do something to wean her off, because I am going to have to leave. Don't know how soon. She disappeared for a couple of days and I thought maybe someone else had adopted her, but alas, she was back. Don't know where she was, but she was so needy, meowing and meowing outside the glass for a couple of days. It had nothing to do with food or water, so I don't know what happened to her those two days. Like I don't have enough to stress about right now.....

Please keep those good thoughts and prayers coming........I really need them and they truly help. I am so grateful I found MWO. Thanks, all of you, for being there for me.
                                AF since 12/2/12
                                http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Working...
                                X