Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Well done Hippy.....keep on trucking.

On the kid front ODAT I think LAV is right about following through. You have to be prepared to work to get them to work. They are in the habit of ignoring you cos you used alcohol before to swallow your annoyance.

What I find now is that when I get annoyed it is usually real and passes once I have vented it appropriately. Before I would bottle it and blow inappropriately.

I have always been quite firm with my kids but love the fact that now they can't use the drinking card against me.

Hi Allan....good to see ya. Will be around over Xmas so will catch up then

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,
      Sunny & frozen here today

RC, I will now & forever think of you as BooBoo :H
      Hope you are having a great day!

Hello & welcome Vickey! Congrats on your AF time, glad you joined us!

Hippyman, looks like you are moving forward as well, terrific!

Moni, it's always nice to receive a compliment, isn't it? I had a day a few weeks ago where not one but two people told me I looked 'really good'. Now that's something that never happens to granny Lav :H

Wishing everyone a great AF Sunday. I need to feed these starving animals before they turn on me :H
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters. Day 1 of my third real quit. I plan for 2013 to be clean and sober completely. I know I can do it. We all can do it. I am cleaning and watching movies today and wrapping I guess. If I get annoyed or get and urge I will take the dogs for a walk. Everyone is doing so well. It will be K9's 1 year in 3 or 4 days. K9 your have been such and inspiration at MWO along with byrdie and lav, use newbies and strugglers are very fortunate to have yall looking over us. Thank you
        ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Vicky...well done you on day 4...keep it going :good::wd::happy:
          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kuya,

nice to see you too. I am here Christmas and Boxing Day. Need to keep myself busy but have no clue what to do over the holidays.

AK
            AF since 1st Sep 2012
            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon nesters..
              Well I crashed and burned this weekend...this thing with my dad is just overwhelming. I MUST get back up and start over....Day 1
              Dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Today is the first day I've really thought about alcohol. I went into the health store for some of the AF ginger drinks I buy as I had no room to bring them with me. The guy behind the counter told me it's great with vodka mixed in it. This annoyed me and I told him out straight that I buy it to avoid alcohol. Then I said to a friend that I won't be drinking over xmas and she said 'me neither, I'm just going to have only 1 or 2 beers a night'. I had to emphasise that by none I mean none.
                It's going to be a difficult week being around a different circle of people and being on my own in the house I spent last xmas in with my parents. Some very deep buried emotions starting to come to the surface. All I know is I cannot buy it. That is the main thing. If I don't buy it, don't have it in the house then I can't drink it. I was even trying to justify in my head earlier that I'd buy a few bottles of wine in case I have visitors but it's faaaar too risky. I'm scared.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Moni

You are not alone! Today was difficult for me too. Not so much alcohol, but cigarettes!!
                  I quit both 4 days ago and 4 days is usually my tops.
                  Phoned my sister for some encouragement, but she is too busy with her own stuff to try and cheer me up, because her boyfriend is going to be 2 hours late...

So, I tried to cheer her up and talked about if my estranged husband and I could get together again, there should be a NO AL rule in the house for my sake. She said I can't force him to stop. I said he can drink, but not at the house... for MY SAKE!! But, no, her boyfriend is 2 hours late and that is more important. Whatever!!

It is lonely, scary and really frustrating to get people to understand us!!

I'm just going to ignore their ignorance for now. I don't want to feel miserable tomorrow.

Go well.
                  SH
                  12-20-2012 AF
                  Respect yourself enough to walk away from anything that no longer serves you, grows you, or makes you happy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

For a little Byrdie & anybody else who wants to play.

Comment

Newbies Nest

For a little Byrdie & anybody else who wants to play. :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Dottie,

Was really worried about you. All the pressure and stress you must be under with the situation with your Dad, the holidays, and everything else.

So glad you are back. There are several other people starting over today, so just hop back on and continue where you left off. No big deal.

As I used to say in AA, when people would chide or lecture someone for slipping: "Oh, an alcoholic took a drink, who saw THAT coming!" Like they are shocked, shocked!

Give me a break! We all here know how very hard it is to stay sober, especially when you are new in your sobriety, and with big problems, not to mention the holidays, to make it even harder.

Oh, I got Allen Carr's "The Easy Way to Stop Drinking" last week at the library. I am getting a lot out of it, even though his other book about stopping smoking didn't resonate with me. (At least not enough to get me to stop).

That's the next thing I have to tackle. And I know it's possible, because I see people on MWO that are not only AF, but went NF as well. They are my inspiration. Shooting for the New Year to be NF (and to maintain AF).

Welcome back, and good luck to you and all the others starting over today. And to everyone in their early weeks of sobriety. Glad you are all here!
                          AF since 12/2/12
                          http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Moni, Wildflowers, Steady,

Took me so long to do the last post, missed all the last few postings.

Loved your snowman, Wildflower.

Moni, It is very difficult, with all the family get togethers, etc. Memories come back to hurt, sometimes old family tensions resurface.....I, too, would be too scared to have a few bottles (or even one) hanging around the house, calling my name. Just not strong enough for that yet.

Steady, that is a big feat to achieve, both cigarettes and alcohol at the same time! I know AllanKay did it. (He is a remarkable guy!) He took up running. I was inspired because he posted that at one point, he couldn't even consider running because of the smoking, then about his first run being for 20 seconds, the next 30 seconds, and now, he can run for an hour. I thought, thank God, there is hope for us all!

Hang in there everybody. And at least know that even if we don't get the love and support we need from our immediate families, we will always find kind, caring people on MWO. Stay close to us during the holidays and let us know how it's going. We DO care!

Hey, hippyman, hello to you, too.
                            AF since 12/2/12
                            http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Nesters, I'm back from my out of town travels! All safe and sober!
                              I was thinking last night as I went to bed...this is my second sober Christmas...and it IS 100 times easier than last year....but at dinner, everyone got his/her drink order and my step daughter (who knows/knew) I have a problem offered me a sip of her Dark Stormy Night Drink! 'Just a sip won't hurt anything, she coo'd'! I tell you, it's a good thing we have each other because normal people DO NOT GET IT!

So I am back on home terf...Got a party tonight, 2 on Christmas day and one on New year's. All will be well....I don't drink...at ALL!
                              Have a wonderful afternoon! Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Byrdie..nice to see you ...ho ho ho..glad your trip went well........no al no more
                                af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Working...
                                X