Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Happy Christmas to all in the nest xxxx
    Trying again from 22nd September 2014 Keeping it simple. Keeping it real.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nanette-just saw that I was singing to Merlot. Hope I didn't hurt anyone

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Watching Shrek the third..not the traditional Christmas movie but very funny.....need this tonight...
        Dottie
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry Christmas eve all!

Had the whole gang here for dinner & gifts, very nice.
          I'm not going to pretend I'm not totally exhausted :H

This isn't the best picture but this is the train cake I made for the grandkids & they loved it
          Thank you Ms Byrdie

Wishing everyone a safe & AF night in the nest!
          Thinking about you Almost Free & Dottie!
          Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I want a like button Lav!!!!
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry Christmas Eve Nesters!

Lavande what a magnificent cake! You're so creative. How lucky your grandkids are. Thanks for your kind thoughts. Just sitting here all by my lonesome......I appreciate it.

Odat and Rooni, Thanks for helping me remember how it used to be. It brings it all back. I won't lie, I've had thoughts today.....could really start a pity party here. It really helps to remember the reality, not the romanticized version.

It's been a long standing ritual with me to break out the champagne, after all the gifts were under the tree and all the stockings filled. To finally relax and enjoy it all; the ambiance, put all the old Christmas movies on. This year, no lights, no tree, no kids, no stockings to fill. And most definitely NO CHAMPAGNE.

I'm sure I'll be glad in the morning. Kind of empty tonight, though.....

Hey Quest! Happy Christmas to you, too.

Hello to Dottie and Overit. Glad you all have been around tonight. Probably past some of your bedtimes. All of you have a great AF Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Guess I'll go back to watching "It's a Wonderful Life". It's on tv tonight. Hugs to all!
              AF since 12/2/12
              http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry christmas everyone.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
                I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Christmas Greetings everyone. I'm awake since very early. Got through xmas eve and feeling positive and strong. Sad day for me today. My first xmas without my parents. Normally Mum would have come in and woken me by now.
                  I'm going to get up, get dressed and go to Church - which would have shocked the hell out of them in recent years

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters,

And a very merry crimbo to youse all.

Lav, like Dottie, I wish we had "like" buttons. Actually, I might just press the "buy" button on a flight over to PA just to hang with your dogs, feed your chooks and eat your cake - Merry Christmas!

Almost - it's hard, and hell please don't worry about pity parties. That's why we are here - to help you through. Hang tough, I know you will. Hugs to you. :l

ODAT and Rooni - loving your positive affirmations. Don't look back. Experience today and look forward. As another poster here said recently, don't let the past define your future. In part (for me anyway) the "romaticising" of drinking is allowing the past to define the future... i.e. an excuse to pick up the bottle, ("just one glass wont hurt"). Have a lovely day both.

Moni - I understand this is your first Christmas without your folks. I just want to give you a big :l ... Stay strong - for you are - and enjoy Church.

For all those still to come, hope you have a rare braw day, aye!

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry Christmas morning fellow Nesters

So FABULOUS to wake up with a clear head, no guilt & remorse & just enjoy the coffee, isn't it?

Greetings to all & a special hello to moni - we'll be happy to fill in for family today :l

Wishing everyone a peaceful Christmas Day!

Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry Christmas everyone! Yes, Lav, it IS nice to wake up feeling great on Christmas Day. This is the first hangover-free Christmas I've had in a LONG time. I'm hoping and praying it's the start of many to come.

Stay strong everyone!

Peace and happiness to you all.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Merry Christmas everybody....stick with it ..it may be tough at times ..but it is worth it
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters, and Merry Christmas.

Yes, It is good to wake up without the panick, fear, remorse. Not to mention feeling shaky and sick. Why does this constantly repeated scenario not deter us?!? This time is always going to be different.......but it never is.

Had a very close call last night, right after I posted here. I happened to look at the clock and it was 10:30. Like an old habit kicking in, I suddenly felt panic. The local walk-to liquor store closed at 9. The last liquor store open was 10 minutes away by car and closes at 11pm. I had, like, 15 minutes to get it together, get dressed, out the door, in the car and over there before they closed for the night.

The craving was so intense, almost without thinking, I was ready to bolt. If I didn't get there I would not have anything for either Christmas Eve, or today. Wasn't sure if they would be open Christmas Day. Better hurry!

Well, since I was still logged on, I thought: 'just start posting about it. You are so slow, it will eat up the time and then it will be too late'. So that's what I did. I wasn't even sure if anyone was around, but ten minutes in, being distracted by my posting, the urge just magically lifted. What a relief. I ended up deleting the post, but was shocked at how easily one can be taken down, yet again, by alcohol.

So glad this morning, that I didn't succumb last night and happy to report that I am still sober on Day 24. Over to roll call. Everyone have a wonderful AF Christmas Day. Whew! that was close!
                            AF since 12/2/12
                            http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

LAV!!!!!!!!!! Great job on the cake!!! Toot toooooot!!! I am so happy for you to be surrounded by all of your children and g-kids...and chooks, and dogs....and nesters!!! You, my dear, are MY greatest gift!!! Thank you for all you do around here, especially when it comes to ME! Here's an IOU. Cause I do owe you....thanks from the bottom of my heart!!

On the way next door for a Christmas Breakfast....I'm bringing Champagne and OJ, my assignment. Do NOT worry one minute about me...you couldn't POUR that down me if you had a gun to my head. That's what I get for asking what I can bring. That tells me I must do a good job of people not thinking I'm an ALK...who'd ask an ALK to bring the booze???? Ugg. ON THE OTHER HAND, I have been asked to bring the turkey tonight for dinner....I told him to be ready at 5.....:H:H:H. (get it?) So that should be fun. I think these are the last 2 parties I'm going to...so should be smooth sailing.

Love and strength to all...MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!! XXOO, Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Luv you too Byrdie :h

Honestly, you must have gonads of steel to buy & take champagne to your breakfast today :H :H
                                Have a wonderful Christmas Day!!!!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X