Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

ODAT and Sharky,
    Hang in there...do NOT let those thoughts get to you...that's all they are, thoughts. Sometimes when I get an urge, I remember my most shameful, embarrassing drunk episode (there are MANY to choose from) and it gives me the strength and resolve to know that I never want to go back there ever again. Do whatever it takes...you can fight your way past the urges and cravings. If all else fails, go to bed...there were many nights I was in bed before the sun went down. It does get easier, I promise you!
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks K9 and congrats to you! You are a true inspiration and I love reading your posts. Thanks for all you do on this board! You have the best advice.
      ODAT - lets both give a great effort - I really need to do this. Stay positive and good to see you here.
      Sharky

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday, K9! What a milestone. Those two sayings have helped me through some rough days, too. Way to go!

Slay, thanks for your words of wisdom and the re-posting of the 'Letter'. Hoping that 2013 will be a wonderful year for you, filled with happiness and an end to the horrible situation you found yourself in. You DO deserve better!

Overit, Odat...... wow, the sneakiness of alcohol! Those terrible urges seem to come out of nowhere! Scary. I like the way K9 describes it as a beast that is doing anything to stay alive, replacing the reality of AL with the romanticized version.

We need to remember the aftermath more often, when we find ourselves feeling nostalgic. Remember the sickness, the remorse, the fear, the anxiety, the hopelessness. Alcohol is indeed a cunning, baffling, powerful enemy.

A big welcome to you Sharky. So glad you joined us!
        AF since 12/2/12
        http://hamsnetwork.org/taper/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tooo. Much. Froooootcake................BLEH! I've got a sugar hangover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yuck! (I swore I wouldn't do this again!....I SWORE no more fruitcake!) Of all the empty calories known to man! It isn't even that good! In fact, it sucks! WHY? WHY???? B
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just had 5 chocolate chip cookies and I could seriously upchuck right now. WHY OH WHY do we do this Byrdie???? Something must be done, and soon....me pants are screamin!
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 - a BIG FAT congratulations to you! You are my hero!!

:bday7: (it IS like a birthday, right? The new YOU was born on this day last year!)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy post-Christmas, Nesters! A lot of wine passed under my nose yesterday, but none went any farther than that. It was amazing to wake up Christmas morning without the dreaded Christmas eve hangover...and waking up this morning and being productive. The kids enjoyed drinking the sparking Apple Cranberry juice with me. They felt so grown up drinking it out of wine glasses...my 9 yr old daughter was even getting giddy, and I had to assure her (and myself) that there was no AL in that juice! It was lovely to let my husband drink, knowing I would be fine to drive home. Hope all is well with you all!
                BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1432422 wrote: Tooo. Much. Froooootcake................BLEH! I've got a sugar hangover!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yuck! (I swore I wouldn't do this again!....I SWORE no more fruitcake!) Of all the empty calories known to man! It isn't even that good! In fact, it sucks! WHY? WHY???? B
                  Sugar hangover here too,had half a tin of biccies(cookies)and a pint of milk in bed at 12 o clock last night.Never thought I would be doing that this Christmas :H
                  @ Odat you might feel bad now but believe me you will feel a hell of a lot worse if you gave in(I know you wont do that to yourself) wake up in the morning feeling proud of yourself and clearheaded not hungover and miserable.
                  :goodjob:
                  AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations k9 you are an inspiration to many.me included
                    :wd::wd::wd::wd::wd::wd:
                    AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Belle Girl! So happy to see you...and sober, to boot! It is amazing the transformation in our lives from dispair to hope and happiness! I am so happy for you! Stick around!

Patrick...it's just an ugly mess....I'm out of my jeans and into sweat pants....I've been off fruitcake since Dec 27, 2007. I feel awful for blowing my date (and my pants). Sigh.
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey ODAT- Listen here- you gotta hang in there- just for today
                        Just make it through Day 10, okay? Let tomorrow take care of itself.
                        For some reason, I think day 10 is a hurdle day for many. I remember it was for me and those cravings came outa the blue. You are approaching Byrdie's magic day- day 13....and if she weren't so fulla frootcake, she'd be telling you that herself

ODAT, take a look at the saying in your avatar....I think what is happening here is "several days are attacking you at once"-you got thru Christmas and all the hectic junk and now you are either tired (a major trigger) or you think you deserve a lil reward. Ya think?

You CAN get thru this day. Take the l-glut, if it helps, but be sure you get something good and nutritious to eat (unlike SOME of your nestbuddies but I won't mention names, byrdie, k9, and patrick)! Eat plenty so there won't be room for the drink!

If you are used to stopping on the way home, then take a different route.
                        Plan what you are going to do when you get home- and make it something enjoyable. Take the night off from cooking if you have to. Stick close! You can do it!:l
                        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

OOPS, ODAT- sorry- maybe i'm the one who's had too much frootcake!! I mis read and thought you were on day 10. Well, Day 4 is another one of those hard ones!! But look, before you know it, you WILL be on day 10 and close to that magic 13!
                          We are all pulling for you!

08-13-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am ashamed of myself, I totally missed ODAT's POST! This is what happens!
                            Well, I cannot add anything to what Star said, (thank you!!). We are ALL pulling for you and we have all been there! Change up whatever you are doing...and if all else fails...go to the bathroom! Just get out of that loop of thinking. Get yourself to day 13 no matter what and no matter who. You will be so glad you did! I'm so sorry I missed your post. Try to check in with us again in an hour and let us know how you are doing.

If anyone has ever said I'm full of it, well....they are right. B
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dang you, Star....I gave my Day 13 speech when I shoulda been giving my 7 day moon speech and it's all yer fault!!! :H:H
                              Days 4 and 5 ARE hard....this is exactly when you think you've got this thing beat and want to give yourself the reward!! No liquid rewards tho!! THIS CRAVING WILL PASS! As you know, you've gotta get thru it to get over it! That first week is hard and there's no 2 ways about it.
                              Please keep posting....B
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

HAHA, now I gotta fess up. I been hittin' the chocolate covered cherries meself :upset:
                                Can't keep my days or my goals or byrdie's speeches straight.

This I do KNOW. Those first few days are hard and those cravings come outa nowhere and this support system is the best in the world.

Trudat:l

Let's all keep our butts velcroed to the nest. Santa brought me some of that industrial strength velcro. He knew some of our butts would be spreadin out a lil bit over the holidays!

08-13-15

Comment

Working...
                                X