Clear All

Newbies Nest

mine definitely is ,and I'm about to start on the rest of the biccies
    AF since october 8th 2012:new

How to get Alcohol free in 6 minutes :H
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Newbies Nest

Star and byrdie yall got me crackin up! Yall are trying so hard but you keeping getting mixed up! Lay off the sweets ladies, or well have to cut u off! I lm doing better after lunch. I am so worries about that dribvr home. I love getting buzzed on the way home. What I dont like is everything after that. Gotta work but ill be close.
      ALL I HAVE TO DO IS GET THOUGH THIS DAY AF

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey ODAT...the drive home used to get me too! I am going to p.m. you my cell number. Call me if you need me.

Also, make sure you are NOT HUNGRY. Also, how about having a can or bottle of something to hold and sip on the way home (and not beer!). Get yourself something from the vending machine at work and substitute it for your usual alcoholic beverage. You can do it. We all know how hard it is.
        :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

It would appear that Byrdie's overindulgence in fruitcake is making her nuttier than a fruitcake. :nutso:

Attention shoppers! We are having a sale of oversized clothing in Isle A, well actually tents leftover from summer time. Please don't trample over one another as we have plenty available due to slow sales during the West Nile Virus outbreak. Cash only, please.

Cha Ching!
          Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

HAHA, Slay, I'll take a black one...I hear dark colors are "slimming"!
            Hey, since we gonna look like a bunch a tents anyhow, why don't we set up camp and have a marshmallow roast? I like mine with graham crackers and hershey bars!
            :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Christmas cake, pudding, ham, crisps, chocolates and fizzy drinks. I'm going to be very ill tonight I think. Eating like there's going to be a famine. Will have to get up early and go for a jog.
              Glad to hear I'm in good company

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all.

Just wanted to check in and congratulate everyone who has made it through one of the toughest times for AF newbies.

I must admit that I have toyed with the idea. Its becoming harder to remember what alcohol tastes like, even though I regularly have dreams where I slip.

AK
                AF since 1st Sep 2012
                NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Been snowing here all day..took the doggies out to run in it..they were having fun...will just let it snow for now and get the snow blower out tomorrow. Dh has a doctors appt later in the day....I know why folks go south for the winter...bbbbbbbrrrrrrrr
                  Dottie
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan-Previous to this, I went NF. It has been over 2 years and I still from time to time have those dreams of smoking. I wake up SO disappointed in myself. Then I work through it and realize that it was only a dream. What a relief!

Dottie-don't wait too long. Our snow started Thursday night and our thoughts were "let the storm finish and then we'll start blowing and cleaning." Well, 6' later, I still can't get my truck out and our blower is not working.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1432464 wrote: Hey ODAT...the drive home used to get me too! I am going to p.m. you my cell number. Call me if you need me.

Also, make sure you are NOT HUNGRY. Also, how about having a can or bottle of something to hold and sip on the way home (and not beer!). Get yourself something from the vending machine at work and substitute it for your usual alcoholic beverage. You can do it. We all know how hard it is.
                      Hey Odat - hope you get/got home safe. Star's post speaks volumes to me. I had a BAD BAD habit of not just driving having drunk but to drink while I drive... REAL BAD... So not only do i make sure I never get in the car without at least a bottle of water to hand... but better than that is I have cans and bottles of coke, fizzy orange juice, speaking water and a wee favourite of mine: dandelion and burdock. It DOES help - especially at the witching hours or when you're hungry.

Down side is my car is a right tip, STILL filled with empty cans and bottles (though these are all af, i hasten to add)...

:hallo: all other nesters. Stuffed to the brim, uh-huh? Hope you all are doing fine.

RC

x-post ODAT - seems snow got the better of you?! Ah well - everyone take Star's advice re being tempted by a drink if away driving.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello - I'm jumping on the nest to start my AF journey.

I joined in October and went AF 15 days then blew it on vacation - and it's taken me until yesterday to get back to the point of realizing I want to be AF more than I want alcohol in my life.

So, here I am. Starting my AF journey and I thought I'd start on Christmas day. I hope it's a good omen.

I'm reading and posting and hoping to get through the beginning which I know will be the hardest part...
                        Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

:welcome: Belles!

So good to see you again. Gotta shake yer hand for starting on Xmas day - I hope it's a good omen too. Stick close. Post often. And get comfy. You know the Toolbox? Maybe you do already, but here's the link anyway: Toolbox

RC

Comment

Newbies Nest

Starfish1;1432477 wrote: HAHA, Slay, I'll take a black one...I hear dark colors are "slimming"!
                            Hey, since we gonna look like a bunch a tents anyhow, why don't we set up camp and have a marshmallow roast? I like mine with graham crackers and hershey bars!

LOL!!!! he he...I'm sorry to tell you black is all sold out! Sssshhhh...the black slimming thing is a secret for us girls. Don't you dare let the men in on it...or do they...:upset:

Hang tough everyone. AL is the dark hole under the camouflage. It's not a place you want to fall into.

Love,

Slay
                            Rule your mind or it will rule you. It is from a thought that an action grows. :bat

Comment

Newbies Nest

Belles, good to see you again....you and Belle girl were here together back then, and we got the 2 belle thing going, now we have a Dottie Belle ...we'ere a 3 belle nest!!!

Allan, you aren't missing anything...the taste of AL I associate with kerosene...it's the best way I can cope. I don't want to romaticise it....stay strong, you are so right...hats should go off for all the strength it takes to get thru this time of year.

ODAT, I hope you are home safe, sound and sober. Sorry we were all in a sugar coma earlier. Thinking of you.....

Tuck on in to the nest and be safe everyone! Ho Ho Hope everyone has a great evening. XO, B
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

The rain started out with an inch of snow this afternoon - strange!
                                Now it's very windy, lots of rain ~ definitely a good night to stay put in the nest.

No tornado Byrdie? Good!

Hello to everyone & welcome back Belle & Dottie Belle

K9, what a magnificent day for you girl :yay:

I wouldn't give up my sobriety for anything or anyone! Keep that in mind everyone & keep checking in here for a dose of group strength:l
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X