Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome back, belles! I think Christmas day is a most excellent time to begin your AF journey. You are officially invited to join us for a fun filled alcohol free start to our new year! Settle in and make yourself at home
    :heartbeat:

Star:star:

08-13-15

I am only one drink away from never being sober again.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Goodnight nesters! And what a good night it is, because I AM SOBER. :yougo:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Roon I want a LIKE button ...
        Dottoe
        Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

I want a LIKE button too

I'm going to wish everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest now - before the power goes out like it usually does in these wind storms.
          Be well everyone!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just want to check in to say hi and lend support to all my friends in the nest.

ODAT I hope you are doing well!

Welcome back Belles, please stick around and tell us about yourself.

I'm personally glad to be over the holidays and looking forward to getting back to my normal routine. My second AF holidays were very nice, but I like to get back to my boring life. Stay strong, friends! I hope everyone has a great AF night!
            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK somehow I am in the dog house because dh had to shovel the drive way with the snow blower we bought last winter....I was mad at him because he didnt buy me a Christmas card after I made darn sure his kids got a card and MONEY and grand kids got presents....he did NOTHING....his daughter made a bid deal about my present which did NOT arrive before Christmas....his son called late on Christmas.....I made sure they got presents too ...OK not about me but at least DH could acknowledge my efforts,....NOT next year...we have been married 16 years......
              Dottie
              Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Have some froot cake Dottie Belle and go to bed. Men, they just aren't wired the same way when it comes to the whole gift thing. Been married for 25 years...I got one gift the first year we were marriend. A small vase from REVCO Drugs that had a fake rose in it. Still got the vase. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt you....(they don't mean to do that either)...they just want us all to get along. Try and get a good night's rest and remember...he may need a break today, too. Sorry, it's the best I got tonight! Hugs, B
                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                Tool Box
                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night and sweet dreams, nesters. I'm on an extended holiday with my son, visiting with a very extended family, and managing AF. I've been missing the NN, so even though I'm not in the first 30, I'd like to butt in and stay awhile.

Lights out, be back tomorrow.

Catbuddy
                  "It is easier to maintain than to start from the bottom again. I can't go back there." Byrdie

AF since Oct 2, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cat - your needn't be on the first 30 to be here in the NN - YOU are always a welcome addition to the NN. Good to see you back around here. Hope time in Texas is going well.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Catbuddy;1432749 wrote: Good night and sweet dreams, nesters. I'm on an extended holiday with my son, visiting with a very extended family, and managing AF. I've been missing the NN, so even though I'm not in the first 30, I'd like to butt in and stay awhile.

Lights out, be back tomorrow.

Catbuddy
                      CAT !!!! Was thinking bout you earlier today and jjjjjjuuuuuusssssttttt getting a little worried.
                      Phew! Glad you are all good.....see you tomorrow

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Rabsy ..... Recovered yet?

Comment

Newbies Nest

kuya;1432764 wrote: Hi Rabsy ..... Recovered yet?
                          From the copious amounts of fizzy fruit drinks? Or the folks? :H

Didn't you give a wise warning that between now and the first week of Jan was a major relapse time? I'm on "guarded" mode. Hatches still battened down.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nest,

I'm up at 4:30 a.m. - but I'm sober and happy not to be drinking. I was dreaming that I missed an important appointment and my husband was looking at me with that questioning look he gets when I've been drinking...but I woke up and was relieved to realize that it was a dream - and hopefully I'll never see that look from him again.

Hope everyone has a great AF day. I know I will.
                            Life is better without Alcohol. 5/26/13

Comment

Newbies Nest

Rabsy.....'twas when I slipped last year......don't know that it is meaningful for others but I think the relief and stress of doing Xmas made me feel sorry for myself........felt a lot more sorry after the next eight months trying to get sober.

You mentioned on another thread being sober for Hogmanay ...... Get your head right and it will be exciting....imagine how you will feel on the first of Jan 2013 being able to say THIS will be my first whole year sober...... I can't wait TBH..... Will be going to my son's and watching the fireworks set off over the sky tower and harbour bridge....the first country in the world to see the new year......the world did NOT end, in fact it will have only just begun! And I will be SOBER. !!!!!!!!!!!!

Belles......you are right....you NEVER have to see that look in your husband's eyes again.....awesome....keep on trucking. I will be four months AF on the 1st Jan and life has changed so much. I now remember when I used to drink, I no longer WANT to drink.....that freedom is magical.

Four months compared to 23 wasted years..... Not a bad trade I reckon

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,
                                Just dropping in to say hello - I will be back later!
                                Good to see you Cat

Lav
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09
                                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Working...
                                X